• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Transfer Speculation

mariners4ever

Kareem said:
Surely Man Utd fans all around the world must be hoping that Owen fails the medical?

But surely
Berbatov + Rooney are the favoured strike pairing
and surely there will be one more striker to be signed...I mean you guys do have 80 million euros!

ie my post above, i really dont want him at united

of course we'll be signing another striker, owen isnt going to cost anything, last i heard was that his contract ran out

Kareem

mariners4ever said:
Kareem said:
Surely Man Utd fans all around the world must be hoping that Owen fails the medical?

But surely
Berbatov + Rooney are the favoured strike pairing
and surely there will be one more striker to be signed...I mean you guys do have 80 million euros!

ie my post above, i really dont want him at united

of course we'll be signing another striker, owen isnt going to cost anything, last i heard was that his contract ran out
yea his contract ran out
He is a free agent!
But I am just sceptical of the possibility of him as 3rd choice striker + Machado as 4th...
I dont exactly understand why united would want to buy him...when u see players like Saviola for $4 mill, I would rather that option.
How much would Rossi cost? Both would be better options
Ofcourse Owen on his day, injury free stands above these two examples, but a backup striker needs to be ready to be called upon at all times!

NB: I heard quotes Rossi would cost 30 mill for Milan + Juventus...I wonder whether Man Utd has a figure in their buyback clause? Or is it just first-refusal

serious14

The thought of that horrid little c*nt at United makes me sick.

If he scored at Anfield though, I can't deny that I'd laugh.  ;)

Tassiemariner

I wanted a 3rd striker bought as a replacement for tevez, someone with experience, isn't that expensive and is in the "goal-poacher mould"

I guess Owen does fit that build......
But F*ck me i didn't want some liverpool c*nt taking that spot.

serious14

Reports from all over the place (SSN, BBC, Goal.com, F365) have Owen undergoing his medical right now....... this couldn't really be happening, surely??

scottmac

Suspended
Could anyone doubt the master manager? Surely you would have to think he knows what he is doing.

Any deal Owen gets would be heavily performance based, no loss signing.

serious14

I would forgive a high proportion of his sins if he did indeed score at Anfield.  Not all, but a fair few.

Kareem

scottmac said:
thats not the issue
they can surely afford his wages...
but what they cant afford is another Saha IMO

mariners4ever

scottmac said:

yes you're correct, i read somewhere that it will be pay as you play deal.

look on the bright side, experienced striker, can score goals, willing to be a rotation player, for free, and IF he can get into form, what a bloody bargain

scottmac

Suspended
_46009635_owenshirtc466.jpg

FFC Mariner

2 quality English forwards in the same side as we lead into a WC...............like it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8131801.stm

Michael Owen has completed his surprise move to Manchester United after the free agent signed a two-year deal with the Premier League champions.

The 29-year-old ex-Liverpool and Real Madrid striker's contract with Newcastle ended earlier this week.

"Michael is a world-class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level," said United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Owen had also been linked with Everton, Aston Villa, Stoke and Hull.

But instead he becomes United's second summer signing after the recent addition of Antonio Valencia from Wigan.

Dutch Wives

chelsea sign daniel sturridge from city, ross turnbull from boro and hopefully yuriy zhirkov over the weekend

awesome :pirashoot:

dru

oh dae su said:
chelsea sign daniel sturridge from city, ross turnbull from boro and hopefully yuriy zhirkov over the weekend

awesome :pirashoot:
You're happy at the prospect of Turnbull  :-\

Would be better to take Bosnich

Sym

You reckon ?

Hilario has been great when he covered for Us when Cech and Cudicini were both injured, even got a cleansheet v Barca.

tuftman

Sym said:
You reckon ?

Hilario has been great when he covered for Us when Cech and Cudicini were both injured, even got a cleansheet v Barca.

I remember watching a game, CHelsea vs Blackburn. Joe Cole scored the only goal, Cech got injured after 50 minutes or so and Hilario had a blinder to keep the points for Chelsea

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred