• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Transfer Speculation

Kareem

Bear said:
i think barca got well and truly screwed. inter should be over the moon imo
For the 40 mill surplus
I would spend
15 on Cassano
10 on Elano (rumoured to be allowed to leave for 8....)
heck i would spend 15 on elano

Bear

i have no idea who i would spend it on, all i know is this big game choker aint worth it

RADINHO

Eto for Ibra is a fair swap in its self as eto'o is consistent and is an influence in big games where as Ibra chokes. but to spend an extra 35 million Euro he might even be a flop in Barcelona's game while eto'o was a perfect piece of the puzzle

tuftman

Ibra is much more likely to create something out of nothing though. That said so is the rest of their forward line and midfield. Interesting to see what Guardiola's logic on this transfer is

RADINHO

tuftman said:
Ibra is much more likely to create something out of nothing though. That said so is the rest of their forward line and midfield. Interesting to see what Guardiola's logic on this transfer is

lol i dont think barca needed him as he is may i say a person who likes to have their fair share of the ball while barca play a tactical short passing possesion game which doesn't depend on players dribbling thats why they sold ronaldinho last year.

tuftman

Didn't they sell him because of his poor fitness, and a lack of motivation+he had a falling out with the coach at the time, Rijkaard? Similiar situation with Deco as well?

Sym

Franco Di Santo from Chelsea to Blackburn on a loan til January, good stuff, hopefully he will come back for the better :)

serious14

*waves goodbye to Liverpool's season*

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/04/liverpool-sell-xabi-alonso-real-madrid

Xabi Alonso is poised to seal his protracted move from Liverpool to Real Madrid tomorrow after the clubs agreed a fee believed to be around 30m for the Spain midfielder.

A statement on Liverpool's website this evening read: "Liverpool Football Club have reached agreement for the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject only to a medical. The terms of the deal will remain confidential and undisclosed."

But although they will not reveal the details of the deal, privately sources were maintaining that manager Rafael Bentez had got his own way over the fee. It is believed that Madrid made another attempt to end the deadlock today with an offer of 30m that will rise to 34m depending on Alonso's success over the first two years of what is believed to be a five-year contract.

Alonso had trained with his Liverpool colleagues this afternoon at the club's Melwood complex. But as the squad headed for John Lennon airport and a charter flight to Norway for tomorrow's friendly with Lyn Oslo, Alonso was heading back to Spain.

Real Madrid issued a statement of their own, confirming he will have a medical tomorrow. Assuming all goes well, he will join his former Liverpool team-mates Alvaro Arbeloa - who moved to Real last week for 3.5m - and goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek at the Bernabu.

Alonso and Dudek were both involved when Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005 after their penalty shoot-out victory over Milan. Now only Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher remain at the club from the 18 players on the team sheet in Istanbul that night.

Bentez tried to sell Alonso last year to fund his unsuccessful bid to sign Gareth Barry from Aston Villa. Alonso did not want to go then but his stance changed this summer, culminating in a formal transfer request last week.

The Alonso deal will bring Real Madrid's spending under new president Florentino Prez to around 220m. Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema, Ral Albiol, Esteban Granero, Arbeloa, and lvaro Negredo have all moved to the Bernabu this summer.

Liverpool are now likely to step up their attempts to sign Roma's 18m-rated Alberto Aquilani as Alonso's replacement.

Kareem

meh
definately a good signing
but I hope this doesnt affect Granero's devlopment

Casillas
Ramos        Pepe        Albiol          Arbeloa (Marcelo)
              Diarra      Alonso
                    Kaka
      Ronaldo                  Higuain (Robben)
                Benzema

Bench: Dudek, Garay, Marcelo, Gago, Granero, Robben, Raul
Squad: Adan (GK), Metzelder, Torres, Drenthe (sad), Guti, RVN, Negredo (?)
To be Sold: RVDV (sadly), sneijder, Huntelaar, M.Diarra
Already gone: Saviola, Salgado, De La Red (heart problems)

Strong looking lineup IMO (and only 25 players to be left, just like Perez said)
Would like a LB though...Marcelo is a bit suspect on the Defence! And then we can afford to let go of drenthe (all we are doing is hurting his devlopment!)
But apart from that closeup the chequebook
I would love to see Van Der Vaart stay...
oh well

Kareem

oh and
milan rumoured to go for Fabregas (sure :p)
and Man utd for Silva! (this would be a good move) + (it is possible0

bjw

bjw
Liverpool's Xabi Alonso is poised to sign for Real Madrid on Wednesday after the clubs agreed a fee believed to be 30m for the Spain international

serious14

Rafa Benitez, May 16: "Xabi has been talking about how he wants to stay here and we certainly want to keep him so I don't think there will be any problems."

Liverpool FC club statement, May 21: 'There has been no contact from anyone and Alonso is not for sale.'

Rafa Benitez, May 22: "It's very clear, Xabi has three years left and we do not want to sell him."

Rafa Benitez, May 24: "He is not for sale and we do not want to sell. Alonso has three years left on his contract and we are really pleased with him, so we do not want to sell."

Rafa Benitez, June 1: "The situation is clear, we do not want to sell our best players and that includes Xabi."

Liverpool FC club statement, June 14: 'Despite repeated media speculation on the futures of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano, Liverpool has received no official approach or offer from any club regarding the players. Neither is for sale.'

Liverpool FC club statement, August 4: 'Liverpool Football Club have reached agreement for the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject only to a medical.'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred