• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Transfer Speculation

tuftman

midfielder said:
brennan said:
Ribery looks set to join Real

and Real are apparently putting a bid on David Villa.

You do wonder how they can afford this in a single season... how many shirts do they need to sell ... will be interesting to see if they can't knock Baca off or make the final 4 of the Champions league...

They've taken out loans from Spanish banks to do what they're doing apparently

Kareem

Latest confirmed that I care about :p=

Valencia (Wigan--> Man Utd)
Albiol (Valencia--> Real Madrid)
Santa Cruz (Blackburn--> Man City)
Saviola (Real Madrid --> Benfica)
Johnson (Portsmouth --> Liverpool)

And De La Red is out for the season, heart problems I believe. Hasnt played for 6 months (Lass Diarra was original replacement)
Hence Real Madrids mega push for a CM (Not yet another case of big players pushing out homegrown).
Get well soon De La Red- our very own young spanish international :p
Most likely Xabi Alonso, perhaps Melo (although Arsenal want him)
Arbeloa loks good for madrid...just price is an issue (Liverpool want 8 mill, we have 3 mill on the table)- he has 1 year left on his contract!

Eto heavily linked with Man City- highest paid footballer etc. etc. I am now doubting this will happen. RUmours of it being just a way to get a new contract with Barca.
One year left on contract Man City offer 30 mill!
Mind you if they wait a year, with him being 'free', they will encounter competition.
I am sure Eto would choose Inter, Man Utd, AC Milan etc. and perhaps even Madrid over Man City!
And doesnt Eto know what a good deal it is. He is rumoured to want to have 13 mill of his transfer fee from Barca, as a sort of payout.
Barca apparently are refusing...although, they would still get 17 mill for a player out of contract. Alternative= no money, and he walks away free.
So entertaining for a madridista like me :D

And the most popular guy on the market is Karim Benzema :D
Man Utd, Real Madrid, Arsenal and Inter want him.
Man Utd seem to be only ones that can afford him.
Apparently deal is almost through :(
45 mill...?

Madrid offered 28 mill...seems we dont have an endless money supply

Kareem

And Kaka is now officially the New No 8 for Madrid
Kaka the Gr8 :p

Oh and absolute class by our man Valdano regarding Kaka taking Gago's number!

Valdano said:
As Jorge Valdano, Real Madrid director explained, the decision does not mean Gago is leaving, just he is changing number too.

"I want to clear up the reason why he has been given the number 8 jersey. As you know, numbers 5, 18 and 9 were not assigned. We knew that Fernando Gago wanted to wear the no. 5 - that is something that us Argentinians understand very well, it's a very special number for us. So we gave Kaka the number 8, which he was very happy to have," he mused.

"So for the first time at Real Madrid, we made two people happy at the very same time."
Best call ever :D

Sym

dibo said:
Sym said:
Friend has told me that Benzema signed for Real today.

So you're friends with ABC NewsRadio (and through them, the BBC) too? :p
It was Benzema himself, we talk occasionally, I tried to persuade him to sign for us but yeah didn't work...

nah I kept my head out of football news today so only heard it from a friend who is a man u supported, he was devastated, and knowing that there was a lot of talk about him in this thread thought I would spread the news :)

bjw

bjw
fedelt said:
brennan said:
fedelt said:
According to Kareem's facebook status he has signed for Real :O

Been waiting for this day for four years aswell. Congrats Kareem.

I actually meant Benzema but Kareem may have also signed?

correct me if i'm wrong, but Kareems facebook status was "Benzema is finally ours- Have been waiting for this for four years" ;)

itz kk tho, still <3 despite ur mistake!!

fedelta

brennan said:
fedelt said:
brennan said:
fedelt said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but Kareems facebook status was "Benzema is finally ours- Have been waiting for this for four years" ;)

</3

bjw

bjw
fedelt said:
brennan said:
fedelt said:
brennan said:
fedelt said:

</3

:(

fedelta

brennan said:
fedelt said:
brennan said:
fedelt said:
brennan said:
fedelt said:

</3

:(

jj, ily xo

mariners4ever

Michael Owen Will Sign For Manchester United Pending A Medical - Report
The crocked striker's career could be back on track if a shock move to Old Trafford goes through...

Owen has been heavily linked with a shock move to Manchester United according to The Guardian.

It is said that the injury prone striker has had his services called upon to provide goals for the Red Devils in the wake of the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez - all pending a medical at Old Trafford.

Reports say that Owen is currently holding talks with the Premier League champions as both parties move to complete one of the most unexpected transfers in English football history.

The 28-year-old's glittering career looked to be all but over as previous transfer speculation had linked him to teams in the lower half of the league, but the former England international's luck seems to have changed.

The transfer is likely to spark much controversy amongst United fans, however, a footballing figurehead such as Sir Alex Ferguson is sure to be unfazed as he looks to rebuild his attacking force.

not happy  :mad: :( :eek: :naughty: :fireup: :yellowcard: :redcard:

Kareem

lol Viduka was linked 2 years ago to Man Utd...
Owen to Man Utd- Saha Series 2 :p
I thought he would have been good for Liverpool
oh well
Man Utd would be smart to still move for Huntelaar! 20 mill asking price, next Van Nistelrooy etc. :p

Man Utd couldnt keep Tevez, so they replace him with Owen- for real?

AND WE GOT BENZEMA!!!!
One of the most happiest days for me as a Madridista!
Hala Madrid!

Kareem

Surely Man Utd fans all around the world must be hoping that Owen fails the medical?
I actually like Owen, so would like to see him go good and win back his place in England squad for WC2010

But surely
Berbatov + Rooney are the favoured strike pairing
and surely there will be one more striker to be signed...I mean you guys do have 80 million euros!

Looks like the brochure worked :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred