• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wildly speculative off-season prediction thread

Kareem

dibo said:
you can all shut up...

to state the incredibly bloody obvious, i made it a sticky so that the predictions don't disappear. this is a similar thread to ones made in previous seasons, and it's good to be able to come back to it through the season.
thankyou
that makes sense now ie. we can compare our predictions to what actually happens
all i was saying was I agree with question and he shouldnt be bagged out on an innocent question!
Cant predict Adelaide until Djite (almost definatley gone) and Burns futures are resolved!

bjw

bjw
Newcastle to lose every derby this season.
Mariners in the grand final v Adelaide. Mariners win the first twighlight grand final on penalties- with Simon scoring the winner.

northernspirit

Champions - Us!
Premiers - Sydney FC
Mariners position on the ladder - 3rd
Mariners player of the season - Mile
Mariners top scorer - Sash
A-League top scorer - John Aloi$i
Wooden Spoon - Perth Glory
U20 player of the season - Kaz Patafta (Unfort a scummer!)
HAL Player of the season - Diego (A UTD)
Coach of the year - John Kosmina (Only cos he has such a good squad tho!)
Out of the Left Field prediction - Joel Griffiths to sack whacked
Ladder
1 Sydney FC
2 Adelaide United
3 Central Coast Mariners
4 Melbourne Victory
5 Wellington Phoenix
6 Queensland Roar
7 Newcastle Jets
8 Perth Glory

p.s i had tipped scum as wooden spooners but theyve made a couple of decent signings of late, if jade north goes i may re-consider again

MattSimon

Champions - CCM
Premiers - Sydney FC
Mariners position on the ladder - 2nd
Mariners player of the season - Matt Simon
Mariners top scorer - Matt Simon
A-League top scorer - Matt Simon
Wooden Spoon - Newcastle Jets
U20 player of the season - Tahj Minniecon
HAL Player of the season - Tomislav Pondeljak
Coach of the year - Matt Simon (replaces Lawrie in Round 2 after a BBQ mishap).

Out of Left Field predictions:
(1) James Holland handballs in a CCM-NJ derby, and...
- I boo and taunt until my throat is sore (like last time)
- He receives a :redcard: (unlike last time)

(2) Breeze's officiating is good, consistent, and consistently good.

Ladder:
1 Sydney FC
2 Central Coast Mariners
3 Melbourne Victory
4 Wellington Phoenix
5 Adelaide United
6 Queensland Roar
7 Perth Glory
8 Newcastle Jets

S

soccersensei

1) Mariners win the toilet seat & the plate.

2) Nix surprisingly finish top four along with Roar and the Reds.

3) After almost a year of secret expermientation on the missing Iraqui players that Lawrie has been keeping in his basement since the Ollyroo qualifier...He and Lyall now invest the money saved on a marquee into having Matt Simon and Dylan Mcalister genetically mutated into a 13 foot striker with two heads. Unfortunately the "Mcmatty Monster" is cruelly put down after the first derby, for eating Song Jin-hyung 4 minutes in and then pulling a protesting Gary Van Egmond's arm off and beating Joel Griffith's to death with the wet end. In a final act of mercy however, the Mcmatty beast earns itself the eternal gratitude of all football fans in Australia alike, when with it's dying breath it vomits acid into the faces of Mathew Breeze and Mark Shield, leaving the Football Federation Australia with no other choice but to finally concede, that Shield and Breeze are beyond any further shadow of doubt... TOTALLY FARKING BLIND!!!
;)

T

soccersensei said:
After almost a year of secret expermientation on the missing Iraqui players that Lawrie has been keeping in his basement since the Ollyroo qualifier...He and Lyall now invest the money saved on a marquee into having Matt Simon and Dylan Mcalister genetically mutated into a 13 foot striker with two heads. Unfortunately the "Mcmatty Monster" is cruelly put down after the first derby, for eating Song Jin-hyung 4 minutes in and then pulling a protesting Gary Van Egmond's arm off and beating Joel Griffith's to death with the wet end. In a final act of mercy however, the Mcmatty beast earns itself the eternal gratitude of all football fans in Australia alike, when with it's dying breath it vomits acid into the faces of Mathew Breeze and Mark Shield, leaving the Football Federation Australia with no other choice but to finally concede, that Shield and Breeze are beyond any further shadow of doubt... TOTALLY FARKING BLIND!!!
;)

I was wondering where those U23 players were hiding.... :thumbup:

adz

Staff member
soccersensei said:
...He and Lyall now invest the money saved on a marquee into having Matt Simon and Dylan Mcalister genetically mutated into a 13 foot striker with two heads. Unfortunately the "Mcmatty Monster" is cruelly put down after the first derby, for eating Song Jin-hyung 4 minutes in and then pulling a protesting Gary Van Egmond's arm off and beating Joel Griffith's to death with the wet end. In a final act of mercy however, the Mcmatty beast earns itself the eternal gratitude of all football fans in Australia alike, when with it's dying breath it vomits acid into the faces of Mathew Breeze and Mark Shield, leaving the Football Federation Australia with no other choice but to finally concede, that Shield and Breeze are beyond any further shadow of doubt... TOTALLY FARKING BLIND!!!
;)

I hope all that happens... lol

Aden

i wish i could predict us winning the toilet seat and plate  but at this moment i just cant see it
  so my  prediction which i hope is wrong goes like this
1st  -Roar
2nd - Adelaide
3rd -Sydney
4th Wellington
5th Melbourne
6th  Mariners
7th  Scum
8th  Glory

bulldogmariner

Mariners will finish top 4 if not win depending on the quality of the Marquee player and replacement keeper for Danny. We have 2 derby games to kick start the season and it would be so sweet to knock the scum off on their home ground.
The way i see the season
1. Mariners
2. Adelaide UTD
3. Sydney
4. Melbourne
5. Queensland
6. Wellington
7. Perth
8. Jets.
First Coach gone- Dave Mitchell at Perth
Top goal Scorer- Dylan McCalliaster or JOhn Aloi$i
Man to Watch- Mile Jedinak he may not be a Mariner for to long
Mariners player of season Mile Jedinak
A_League Player of Season- Diego (Ade)
Best Coach- A Vidmar

U20-Sydney FC with Brian McFadden in goals be tough to beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plus all those players off Superstars

S

soccersensei

Aden said:
i wish i could predict us winning the toilet seat and plate  but at this moment i just cant see it
1st  -Roar
2nd - Adelaide
3rd -Sydney
4th Wellington
5th Melbourne
6th  Mariners
7th  Scum
8th  Glory

Holy shit Aden, 6th??!! What's your postal?
I'm going to express post you my crystal ball!  :grouphug:

S

soccersensei

adz said:

I hope all that happens... lol

Me too ;D

Adz... any chance you can whip up/genetically mutate a "Mcmatty Monster" smiley thats either in the midst of eating song or beating Griifths to death with GVE's arm?
Then we can unleash it on any and all bogan postees...  :innocent:

Grant,
I've assigned all the copyright for the movie rights over to you!
:popcorn: :tv: :popcorn:
But I still just feel the plot is missing something...
Mmmm.. I know what your thinking... If in doubt, just add Kareem!
BUT... that does brings its own potential bag of problems...

A) Do you think Kareem will be willing to play himself?
B) If not, who is good enough to play Kareem?
C) Is Kareem even good enough to play Kareem?
D) If Kareem isn't any good at playing Kareem do you think Wilson would be willing to play Kareem? But Wilson would be such good casting for Meni B don't you think?
(Note: Meni B is unavailable to play himself as he is already the casting director - as Meni B always knows who is best)

Thoughts Grant?
Ermmmm... sorry, bit off topic... I mean Predictions Grant?  ;)

Aden

soccersensei said:
Aden said:
1st  -Roar
2nd - Adelaide
3rd -Sydney
4th Wellington
5th Melbourne
6th  Mariners
7th  Scum
8th  Glory

Holy shit Aden, 6th??!! What's your postal?
I'm going to express post you my crystal ball!  :grouphug:

yeh i donno usually going into seasons im quietly confident. but for some reason this year im not.
i hope  im wrong so i guess we wait and see what the season has in store for us .

Deej

As we're drawing closer to the season, teams are getting finalised and trials are being played so we've got a bit of a better idea on how teams are shaping up for V4.

Adelaide - Signing the Og is massive for them, they will have a tight defence next year.  Losing Burns and Djite will that impact them up front? If Agostino stays fit and their new Brazilian settles perhaps not? Plus with a strong midfield will certainly be challenging for a top 4 spot.

Sydney - Should challenge for a top 2 spot.  Perhaps the best attack in the league with Aloi$i, Bridge and Brosque? Very strong in the middle with Corica, Monkey Boy and Colosimo, but the loss of Rudan and Milligan hasn't really been dealth with, how much will this effect them? I think they will leak goals but score plenty, a few injuries and it could be very tough for them?

Newcastle - Losing Bridge and Monkey boy will hurt them, Patafa is their only major signing to date, will North stay the season? Jets are champions, everyone will want to beat them, how will they handle that? Lot's of questions there if you ask me BUT they do still have some quality players for this level.  A Griffiths, Thompson, Covic, Sack Whacker, the basis of a good team is still there with 1 or 2 quality signings still to come I'm sure.  Can Joel repeat his great V3? I expect Jets to continue challenging for a top 4 spot but may miss out for the first time in their history? Can't count them out with GVE thou, he's a good coach!

Wellington - Have signed better players than they have lost NO QUESTION!  Only exception could be Filipe he did have a creative spark behind the front 2 and could be missed but they have signed 2 good defenders, our good friend Mr Kwa$nik and with Smeltz up front will be a better team!

QLD - The loss of the Og and Reinaldo will hurt them, their recruitment has been pretty low key this off season apart from their new dutch striker who could prove to be very valuable.  They still have quality all over the park and I expect another challenging season, but think they could miss the 4.

Perth - Who knows? They can't get much worse really!  Dave Mitchell proved he could have what it takes towards the end of last year to make Perth a better team but they lost arguably their best player in Colosimo.  Signing 2 35 year olds, are they washed up? or will they be their answer? They will also have plenty of pace through Rukavystya and Downey, but will that be enough? I think they will be more competitive but struggle to reach the 4.

Melbourne - Should also be fighting for top 2 tbh, they have quality all over the park, expecially in attacking midfield, but is there too much there? Ward, Pondeljak, Hernandez and Celeski, a couple of those will need to move out of position if they want a starting spot? Solid keeper, solid defence and good attacking options they should be 1 of the teams to beat!

Mariners - Losing Aloi$i will have an impact, love him or hate him he was good for the club on and off the field.  We all know who we have lost and I feel Tommy will be lost the most, we have not signed a quality replacement, the loss of Vidmar won't be too bad as Boogs must and will step up!  In Caceres and Elrich we have signed 2 quality wingers, something we have not really had before, if Mrdja stays fit, if Matty can score and if Macca proves to be the striker we all hope we should be fine.  Defence we may be a little thin but with the best Defensive midfielder in the comp in front of them and the leadership of Wilko we should be ok.  I can't see a top 2 finish but certainly a top 4 challenge, however is there too many if's?

So I predict :

1. Melbourne
2. Sydney
3. Adelaide
4. Mariners
5. Wellington
6. Newcastle
7. QLD
8. Perth

3rd spot to 8th will have about 8 points between them it will be tight!  Anyone can make the 4 this year which is very exciting!

It will come down to squad depth, injuries and suspensions will play a massive factor. Last year Newcastle were lucky that nobody suffered major injuries, they also played a lot of teams at good times. Adelaide on the other hand were shit hot and then lost so many players and died!

BRING ON V4, I look forward to some entertaining football!

marinersman

Yeah, very good post Deej.

This is how I see it finishing:
1. Tards
2. Mariners (with minimal injuries. I'm worried about our depth, especially at the back.)
3. Adelaide
4. Flying circus (hoping they finish second last behind scum)
5. Queensland
6. Scum
7. Sheep shaggers
8. Glory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members