• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wildly speculative off-season prediction thread

bulldogmariner

I really think teams who lack depth in their squads will struggle!!
Look at teams like Sydney and Qld who have strong starting 11 but young kids who are unproven at this level. Scum are very young and if injuries set in good bye! Perth and Wellington have improved squads but wont get through the season week to week.
I really think Adelaide, Melbourne and CCM have the depth of squad and have all positions covered!
They will finish top 3

S

soccersensei

bulldogmariner said:
Look at teams like Sydney and Qld who have strong starting 11 but young kids who are unproven at this level. Scum are very young and if injuries set in good bye! Perth and Wellington have improved squads but wont get through the season week to week.
I really think Adelaide, Melbourne and CCM have the depth of squad and have all positions covered!
They will finish top 3

Yeah I agree Bulldog, I think Welly will be top 4 though.
Unless they win the PSC and invoke the curse of course...
Right razorback ;D  ;)

marinersman

I'm not convinced about Well just yet. Although it could be my bias against having foreign teams in the H Australian L.

Arabmariner

soccersensei said:
bulldogmariner said:
They will finish top 3

Right razorback ;D  ;)
It was Teddy Bear who was on about "the curse" ss. ;)

And re Wellington......they will be much improved I think and very hard to beat at home but I think the constant travel factor may affect their away form.

Not wooden spoon challengers but finals.....not convinced. :-\

S

soccersensei

Arabmariner said:
soccersensei said:
bulldogmariner said:
They will finish top 3

Right razorback ;D  ;)

*Wryly polishing his buttons*
Ahhh, I think you need to move around to the right my good man...
Teddy was pro curse... razor firmly against.
Hence my post... Its about "perspective' I think Razor put it in a later post...
In this case being, that I think if you take a step to the right you'll see Razors tusks firmly embedded in Teddy's ass...  ;D

From razor... (To Teddy)
"Absolutely Ridiculous. 3 seasons in not a jinx, The Boston Red Sox not winning a game of baseball against the New York Yankees for 70 years because they traded Babe Ruth to them is a jinx."

just a snippit for validation...

:tophat:  ;)

Arabmariner

soccersensei said:
Arabmariner said:
soccersensei said:
bulldogmariner said:
They will finish top 3

Right razorback ;D  ;)

*Wryly polishing his buttons*
Ahhh, I think you need to move around to the right my good man...
Teddy was pro curse... razor firmly against.
Hence my post... Its about "perspective' I think Razor put it in a later post...
In this case being, that I think if you take a step to the right you'll see Razors tusks firmly embedded in Teddy's ass...  ;D

From razor... (To Teddy)
"Absolutely Ridiculous. 3 seasons in not a jinx, The Boston Red Sox not winning a game of baseball against the New York Yankees for 70 years because they traded Babe Ruth to them is a jinx."

just a snippit for validation...

:tophat:  ;)
My wee brain just exploded!!! ;)

S

soccersensei

Ahahahahaaaaa lol, I thought the toffee nose approach would be funnier...
But not a particularly great read now I read it back lol!

marinersman

I thought it might be fun to re-visit this now we're a third of the way through the season and see whether anyone want to change their original tips.

My original tips on 13 July was (I copied straight from my post):
1. Tards
2. Mariners (with minimal injuries. I'm worried about our depth, especially at the back.)
3. Adelaide
4. Flying circus (hoping they finish second last behind scum)
5. Queensland
6. Scum
7. Sheep shaggers
8. Glory.

Now I'd go:
1. Tards
2 Adelaide
3. Us
4. Choppers
5. Roar
6. Scum
7. Sheep
8. Glory

Bex

Bex said:
1. Mariners

2. I don't care
3. and so on

My tip remains unchanged. :)

Glad I didn't make a list though; I certainly wouldn't have picked the Nix as second last.

Sean

Perm said:
1. Sydney
2. Melbourne
3. QLD
4. Mariners
5. Wellington
6. Adelaide
7. Perth
8. Newcastle

Mariners to beat Melbourne in the GF, after getting through on penalties against Syd FC

I still think my last point will come true.
but here is my revised table.

1. Melbourne
2. Mariners
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. QLD
6. Newcastle
7. Wellington
8. Perth

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online