• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 vs Melbourne

Omni

Merrick tipped the Mariners to go on and win the Premiership in the Age this week, so he could be securing his prediction, and I'm sure he'd love to screw Sydney.

The crowd won't be a sellout, I don't think it'll beat the Sydney crowd but anything less than 15 I'd be pissed.

Andy

The daily telegraph has listed Simon, Petrovski, Aloisi and Hutcho all starters, meaning we are most likely to see a 4-3-3.

Trott

Smitta  Clark  Wilko  Vidmar

Pondeljak  Jeidnak  Hutchinson

Simon  Alioisi  Petrovski

kevrenor

FFA Site - Tommy speaks about Monday night

Mariners aim to secure finals berth
Saturday, 29 December 2007

Central Coast midfielder Tom Pondeljak is hoping history repeats on New Year's Eve when his side attempts to clinch a place in the Hyundai A-League finals series against the Melbourne Victory.

Pondeljak's team is just one win away from becoming the first to book a play-off position.

And the club's midfield lynchpin is confident the Mariners can snare the three points against the defending champion, just as they did in season one with a 3-1 win over Melbourne that booked a berth in the minor semi-final.

Somewhat surprisingly, Pondeljak cited last weekend's thrilling 5-4 loss to Sydney as a source of self-belief.

"We've been together solid now for the last three seasons and this year probably more so than most and I think we've really got a belief in ourselves," Pondeljak said in the lead-up to Monday night's game.

"If anything, I think that last week's game against Sydney FC gave us confidence going into, hopefully, a finals series."

"If anything, it probably hardened us up a lot more, every one of us stepped up for each other and although the chips were down, we stuck at it and it's galvanised the team even stronger and it's all positive signs going into the finals race."

Pondeljak, who was born and raised in Melbourne, said any clash with the Victory carried a bit of added significance for him and fellow Victorian John Hutchinson.

"It's always a little bit special to play against a team from Melbourne, obviously the Victory have had a bit of an up-and-down year and they're not in the best form at the moment, but they're a side that can turn it around in a week," Pondeljak said.

"We're expecting a hard game, we're not expecting anything less and we'll be treating this game like any other game that we've played so far this season and hopefully we can come away with three points."

"It should be a good night and hopefully we can come away with the three points and everyone will be happy on this side of the border."

brett

Andy said:
The daily telegraph has listed Simon, Petrovski, Aloisi and Hutcho all starters, meaning we are most likely to see a 4-3-3.

Trott

Smitta  Clark  Wilko  Vidmar

Pondeljak  Jeidnak  Hutchinson

Simon  Alioisi  Petrovski

If they are starting I reckon it'll more likely be a

Trott

Clark Wilko Boogs Viddie
            Jedi
Simon  Tommy  Hutch
      Johnny  Sash

Very interesting move by Lawrie if that's the case with Simon. As for the back four, I'm not sure what he'll do. His options for left back are either put Browny there, play Boogs there, do what I've done above, or go in the market for a new one. We've got to find out what's going to work and do it quick.

mariners4ever

based on the team that the terro had i would have:

trott

porter  clarky  wilko  viddy

jedi

simon                    tommy

hutch

johnny    sasho

Horza

Horza said:
You'll win, last round's thrashing at the hands of c__tface Griffiths provided Merrick the excuse he needs to bench Caceres, Patafta and Hernandez and get back to good old 7-0-3. You've got the depth and your guys showed mental toughness in spades last week, they're going to bounce back with a vengance vs the tards.

serious14 said:
Nick Ward is starting ahead of Kaz Patafta, and Allsopp is promoted from the bench.......

Picked it :D

f**k Merrick is awful.

Tassiemariner

I don't like to see simon at AM. He doesn't have the creativity, the ability to dictate how the team plays or can play that pin-point last through ball consistantly.
He would be an ok winger, he can produce a great cross but doesn't have the defensive skill.
Leave him as our version of crouchy but better.

marinersman

I'm very nervous about this game.

I never thought I would say this about the tards, but this is a real banana skin. I'm worried with all our supensions/injuries and how the boys will back up mentally after last week.

The tards have been crap all year and I've been thinking it's only a matter of time before they click. Given our vulnerable state, I just hope it's not this week.

Is it possible we can get 18,000?

Horza

Tards are stuffed, thump them hard and we'll kick them into the wooden spoon come Jan 20th.

Deal?

Statue

I am going to take a page out of the Coves book and does anyone know what the PAX number is at the moment?

Part_Timer

is this a banner ??
victoryqf6wj4.jpg

cause it is awsum

Ursus

Andy said:

Trott

Smitta   Clark   Wilko   Vidmar

Pondeljak   Jeidnak   Hutchinson

Simon   Alioisi   Petrovski

Is it true or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred