• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 vs Melbourne

jaypee

So the assumption is that there are what another 3000 odd members as well? Should be a big crowd then. We will also get walk ups so may break 18k

jaypee

ok - Either way I expect a number to make their way from the races to the ground and a number of walk ups so I think we will go above 15k. That would be good 2 games in a row.

jaypee

Even though we are members I just tried the Ticketek web site and for Gold tickets the best is the corner down near the traveling fans. Haven't tried General Admin etc but if thats the case there is a lot sold already - I did try and buy with 4 in a row so there may still be single and doubles elsewhere in the stadium.

I can sense a big win here. forget 3-0 I think the boys will be fired up....

krusty

HI HO HI HO ALL DRESSED IN YELLOW WE GO
HI HO HI HO OF TO THE LEAUGESY WE GO
GO YOU YELLOW
4-1 MARINERS

Omni

Not the pax talk!!!!

I still can't figure out where we're fitting in 2 500 from last week!

Andy

Trott

Clark  Wilko  Viddy

Gumps  Tommy  Jedi  Hutch  Brown

Sasho  Aloisi

Theoklitos
      Ryall  Muscat  Vargas  Kemp
                  Broxham
  Vasilevski                      Caceres
                    Ward
            Allsopp Thompson*

* Thompson is in doubt with a thigh injury and illness. If he doesn't play i'd expect a straight swap for Leandro Love.

jaypee

2500 would certainly come from General Admin + away Fans area. Although to Sydneys credit they were full.

Gen Admin in the bays near the Marinators would be able to accomodate a fair bit more. Then it would be the odd one or two seats here and there....

cruiser

Fair dinkum! After reading the posts on here about queus for tickets and high ticket numbers I jumped into my car and drove up to Gosford. When I arrived at the ticket office there were two people there to buy tickets and my general admission ticket was number 7799.

jaypee

cruiser said:
Fair dinkum! After reading the posts on here about queus for tickets and high ticket numbers I jumped into my car and drove up to Gosford. When I arrived at the ticket office there were two people there to buy tickets and my general admission ticket was number 7799.

Who knows - maybe they work backwards...

kjetiltv

Why is this league so damn unpredictable?!? Cost me money vs Sydney, and now again!! Top vs bottom with players returning should in most leagues mean easy money!

Tassiemariner

Well that COULD of been a game of two halves match but it wasn't.

Positives.
Crowd, 18,383 well done coasties. Hopefully that will be our average crowd in the not too distant future.

Jedinak i thought played well considering the way everyone else played.
His goal was better than Owens.

Negatives (i'll keep it short)
Simon's shooting, You gotta feel for the kid but some of those shots were beyond horrible.
Aloisi's shooting, Superstar socceroo striker yet missed 4 chances from 10 yards out and closer. Not acceptable.

Vidmar, is a hero to us all but is slow and can't interecept the ball like he used too.
Boogs + Wilko from now on.

Browny, Mixture of match rust and improved level of play in the a-league is what made his game bad.

Lawrie's defence, Why play a high line when you know that at least once in the match melbourne will spring it and you have vidmar chasing archie. This was at fault for most of the goals.

bobandbill

Vidmar IMO was better than that - leastways, better than Wilko, who played rather badly and without confidence - also poor marking costing us the 2nd and 3rd goals. Besides Vidmar's penalty, which I wouldn't mind seeing again, he was ok...

Mostly the whole team sucked - Aloisi played well givene the poor passes he recieved, and Simon had a bad game. Gumps was nice to see again, and IMO was better than a few others - gave good effort, and although a bit rusty, won the ball more often than others. Crowd was on his side as well - anyone notice the numourous 're-sign Andre' signs?

Porter was non-existant, Jedinak on and off (what a goal though!), and Brown cost us that first stupid goal, and wasn't very convincing.

We had concedded 12 goals in the first 16 rounds. Now 10 goals in 2 matches. Clearly something more than Vuko's send off happened here... I just hope it gets fixed. This match showed us why we have become dependant on Hutch, and lestways we have him for the next match. Poor game though, and not something to show a 18, 000 odd strong crowd.

jaypee

5 Goals all soft.

Feel for Trotty - he had bugger all to do on most of those goals..

First Goal - poor back pass (header)
Alsops header - Jedi kept him onside
Archies Goal he probably needed to do a bit more on
The penalty
Then the last Goal he had no chance

As far as our shooting

I can only remember one that Aloisi missed. Mat neede to use his left foot but lets face it we missed chances early (Tommy P) and had a great free kick cleared off the line (though I doubt Muscatt saw it)

In terms of referee decisions - yes some 50/50 did not go our way but you get that.

We still could have won that in the second half, we just couldnt shoot.

Anyone know what the possesion and territory stats looked like?

jaypee

Having seen the replays I will say I agree it was Wilkos worst game this year.

I thought Clarkey had a decent game.

Gumps was ok but I feel he is better as an impact player of the bench

Jedi and Tommy played ok but they do need Hutch. Maybe it will stop all of those Hutch is overrated people.

We can still win this thing. It was interesting to hear Harper say that after JA's goal we still had enough chances to win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred