• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 vs Melbourne

uptheguts

farkin fire up.........

I will be away for the game but plan to be in front of a television device hurlling chants...

Come on you yyyyeeeelllllloooooowwwww

C

C U JIMMY

Is Jardel available, ok I'll get ma coat I'm leaving. 4 games to go I think it would be awfully hard to get somebody decent in, with the spirit within the club at the moment, maybe the time is right for the return of  Stringers with Viddy moving to left back, Lawrie knows what he is doing and I am confident he and the boys will do it for Heff and the rest of us :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:.

northernspirit

im not going to guess a team lineup till we know whos in and whos out either, on paper we still look ok as melbourne are stuggling im just afraid that theyre due a big performance and well we have gone from having an almost full squad of players to choose from to struggling to fill the bench... as much as last weeks game was heralded the best a-league match ever, and i tend to agree it was despite the result as it had everything - goals, cards, drama galore etc... it does little to encourage creative players from overseas wanting to play  here for fear of serious perhaps even career ending injuries and who could blame them. At international level we are often thought of as too rough, but some of the challenges we saw last Sunday were down right intentional and cruel and for mine that is a real shame

bjw

bjw
big game this one
if we win here and QLD and Newy stumble then were a hell of a lot closer to minor premiership..

nerves have kicked in already

Tassiemariner

On the left back position. Shane steffanuto has said he would like to come back to keep fit for the up coming socceroos matches. a possibilities but i don't think we sold rush in for cover for heff just yet.

skilbeck

Foriegnmariner said:
On the left back position. Shane steffanuto has said he would like to come back to keep fit for the up coming socceroos matches. a possibilities but i don't think we sold rush in for cover for heff just yet.

Shane Stefanutto is under contract by a club in Norway and would need permission to play here, but is a loan deal possible there?

Andy

No Owens or Hutch now. Both big losses, especially Hutch.
I think we'll see this:

Trott
Clark  Wilko  Boogs  Vidmar
              Jedi
Smitta  Tommy  Browny
        Sasho  Aloisi

Crawley
Stringers
Gumps
Simon

Have a sneaking suspicion that Gumprecht will be used as an impact player.

jaypee

I'm not convinced its 6 YC that determines another game off.

Heff had 6 but only missed 1 and Daniel from the Nix has 7 and only missed one.

Hutch should be ok (I hope).........

Andy

jaypee said:
I'm not convinced its 6 YC that determines another game off.

Heff had 6 but only missed 1 and Daniel from the Nix has 7 and only missed one.

Hutch should be ok (I hope).........

He is injured anyway.

skilbeck

i believe because of our decimated midfield it could be a chance to go with 3 forward:

----------------- Trott

Clark------Boogs--------Wilko------Vidmar

----------------Jedinak

Tommy-----------------------Brown

Simon---------Aloisi----------Sasho

Bench: Redders/Crawley, Porter, O Grady, Gumprecht

Or if not play 4-4-2 with Gumprecht in for Simon in that lineup

jaypee

Andy - no worries

I was only wondering if the comments were due to scans done or the belief (correctly or incorrectly) that Hutch was suspended...

S

soccersensei

mustapha_beer said:
Anyway, the Bling Scum result could do one of 2 things to the team:

Crush the morale OR
Fire them up

Guess we'll find out which soon enough.......

Well going into NYE I don't feel how I usually feel...
I don't feel confident...
I don't feel enthusiastic...
I don't feel excited...
I feel something else... something much stronger...
I feel a deep burning and fiery certainty that anyone who steps onto the pitch with us is going to be soundly beaten. I agree that some losses make or break teams, but that was no ordinary game... that was no ordinary loss... That was a rite of fire. A ritual transformation that will focus the hearts and wills of players in a way nothing else I can imagine would -
(short only of heaven forbid a death in a team)

It is/was in the air, only those too pained by the loss didn't seem to feel it, and many are still feeling it. That game, that saturday night went through the players and audiences souls like wildfire. Hearts were opened and minds blown. And the tragedy, the injustice, the losses... were so pronounced yet mixed with so much, to be so proud of... That everything tells me this will be an experience that not only forge and fortifies the team, but elevates our whole community of supporters to another and much desired level.

Saturday nights "experience" - I won't call it a loss, as too much transpired to relegate this as simply the loss of a lone game - this experience is going to compel us IMO to
not only a clean sweep of the final four games and the claiming of the premiership,
but the Gf also. I think we are going to see a light and fire that is simply unshakeable in our boys now. Nothing and no one will rattle them, there will be no falling asleep, no loss of focus and most importantly no more doubts...  Our boys were always passionate, they were always focused... but now I think we are going to see what is clearly the best footballing side of the season so far, take a step into a whole other dimension that leaves the other clubs struggling to be competitive. We've already seen heavy glimpses of this possibility and now I think it's going to become our reality.

Heres to that!

That said, I think due to injury, it will be tougher, however we will rally, it will be a whole unit effort, where we play brilliantly and with heart, unifying our team even further at this crucial time by inspiring confidence and even deeper gratitude to our depth and the entire team and management!

Sincerely looking forward to it unfolding, it's going to be a beautiful and thrilling ride! :piralaugh:

Best Wishes To All
AND LONG LIVE THE YELLOW ARMY!!!  :pirashoot: :pirate:

Andy

Although it would never happen, this would be a great week to play with a back 3 IMO.

Trott
      Boogs  Wilko  Vidmar
Clark                                Brown
        Gumprecht  Jedinak                   
                Ponedljak
              Sasho  Aloisi

bikinigirl

. yes sensei - that should be forwarded on to the team (i am sure they have been galvanised, but it shows belief from the supporters as well which will inspire more confidence)

. andy was thinking similar things about a back 3 but had still been too emotional to start talking lineups before all the injuries are known

. also i think it sends a pretty clear message to all the pretenders (refer sensei's post above)

skilbeck

well said sensei, i believe that even despite the injury set backs that have occured in the last week for the mariners, that we are yet to see what the side can do and the best out of the mariners. players like porter, gumps, browny, o grady, trott and kwas (the following game), who havent been getting regular starts will fire up and show why they are mariners. this will scare other teams in the comp that play them as well as lowy and his minions. unfortunately, i dont believe the injustices are over, but i do believe whatever adversity comes against them they will rise up to it and show why they are number 1 on the ladder, why they will win the premiership and why they will be champions.

Ted

I don't think any other HAL team could lose so many key players in one game and still field a team of the quality and depth we have in CCM.

kevrenor

Demented said:
I don't think any other HAL team could lose so many key players in one game and still field a team of the quality and depth we have in CCM.

Very true ... as heart rending it was to see all our injuries, and particularly Heff's break (I hope your leg and your heart heals fast in what should have been months of opportunity for you), just try and pick a team for New Years Eve from this list who should be OK by then:

1. Matthew Trott (gk)
40. John Crawley (gk)

18. Alex Wilkinson,
15 Andrew Clark
3. Paul O'Grady
13 Tony Vidmar
4. Ian McAndrew
16. Nigel Boogaard

11. Damien Brown
5. Brad Porter
23 Mile Jedinak
10 Tom Pondeljak
6. Andre Gumprecht

25 John Aloisi
22 Sasho Petrovski
2 Matt Simon

No slashing of wrists, there is lots of life in the Mariners yet! Get behind them and get along on Monday.

(BOTN report on the Sydney game - http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/2007-2008/R15/R15-CCvsSF.htm)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred