• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 vs Melbourne

Lloydo

Taylor said:
It doesn't matter that we have injuries and suspensions we still have great depth in the squad and that will be evident on monday night!

The main thing, is that you still have Aloisi.

fedelta

From the latest news item on CCMariners site: Aloisi 'confident' of contributing to quest for Victory.

Central Coast Mariners striker John Aloisi is confident of lining up for the yellow and navy at Bluetongue Stadium on New Years Eve, having returned to post-Christmas training with his team-mates in high spirits this morning.

Aloisi is one of three players under an injury cloud for Mondays blockbuster, which will see the current Hyundai A-League leaders playoff against the club whose achievements they are trying to emulate season two Premiers and Champions the Melbourne Victory.

Along with midfield pair John Hutchinson and Greg Owens, Aloisis presence for Mondays fixture looked doubtful immediately following the Mariners unforgettable derby loss to Sydney FC last Saturday.

While Aloisi has shown significant improvement in recovering from his knee strain, Hutchinson is a less likely starter and Owens is certain to watch from the sidelines for a match where the Central Coasts depth and versatility will be stretched as much as it has been throughout the current campaign.

Obviously he isn't suspended. Good commentating Ange Postocoglou. Lets hope he plays some part in the match.

Statue

so maybe with Hutchinson being a "less likely starter" it could mean he may be fit for the bench?

pjennings

IMHO he was the best keeper in the HAL. Not the best shot stopper per se - but always in the right place, commanded his box well and distributed well. 

adz

Staff member
Mariners win is the only result for me! This person has obviously never watched a Mariners game before....

forever_yellow said:
Sadly i predict a loss. Too many injuries/suspensions.

... we have more of a squad available this week than most other weeks :-\

Add to that if we play anything like we did against Sydney we will be unstoppable!

:pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

skilbeck

i definitely reckon a win although we are hurting a bit out wide defensively but im confident lawrie will put some sort of decent outfit together

Jocwa08

Hey after the sydney game i was thinking how much our chants sound the same as everyone elses then i was wondering does wilko have his own chant, cos i dont think ive ever heard it.

Andy

Allsopp and Ward are both expected to join the Tards starting XI at the expense of Hernandez and Patafta. Brebner to come off the bench.

Statue

I think with the injuries we have the side that will most likely go out sitll would like very strong with Boogs likely to come back and i would assume Porter and Brown would take GregO and Hutchs spots on the wings

fish

I think we will win and actually win comfortably tbh.
Melbourne have been poor for weeks and aside from the drivel its a GF for them from here on they have had weeks to get it right and failed.

FFC Mariner

How long before Fox stop referring to every MV game as their "make or break"??

They have been goooooooooooone for ages and all this "last chance to save their season" shit is frankly insulting.

We will win 3-1 and the crowd will be 18k plus

Andy

Greenpoleffc said:
How long before Fox stop referring to every MV game as their "make or break"??

They have been goooooooooooone for ages and all this "last chance to save their season" shit is frankly insulting.

We will win 3-1 and the crowd will be 18k plus

It won't stop until they're mathematically out of contention IMO.

roonytunes

I agree with Fish, Muscat has moved to the back, always better but also takes pressure off our midfield, brebener is out of sorts at the moment, Ward is coming in for Patafta just as the kid was getting game time and gelling with the team, hernandez out just as he was getting going, and Version 1 Alsopp in instead - I think they are more interested in testing formations for the acl than anything else from now on. Hope so.

2-1, simon-aloisi - caceres

BAD BULLZ

Jocwa08 said:
Hey after the sydney game i was thinking how much our chants sound the same as everyone elses then i was wondering does wilko have his own chant, cos i dont think ive ever heard it.

Wilko does have his own chant or 2 it useally gets sung at least once a game he plays in roughly goes like this "oh wilko i would do anything just to be like him"  I think there might be a song to the tune of captin planet's theme for wilko as well.

I think hutch will be omitted soccer sensai just got me all fired up and yes we will dominate our run home.I think that sydey game will re ignite the MONGRAL AND ATTITUDE that we need to show. Brett called for it a few weeks ago against adl and the boys delivered but sadly it was only evident for one game now more then ever we need to have the belief that not only can we win but we WILL win attitude and just be relentless against the other teams.
We should pull over 15k for all remaining games:
NYE- Speaks for itself.
Scum- Will be intense with alot of people showing up with high expectations of a similar style game to one vs sydney as well as i believe there will be alot of blow ins turn up looking for trouble as it'll be easy to find.
Nix- We will be presented with the minor premiorship so everyone should show up for our first Aleague seaon proper trophy.

SO PLAYERS/FANS AND EVERYONE ON THE COAST FIRE THE FARK UP.

marinersman

I see in the local rag today, Lawrie is saying if Hutch trains tomorrow he'll play.

Is anyone planning on going to training tomorrow? Love to know ahead of time if Hutch is fit.

serious14

Nick Ward is starting ahead of Kaz Patafta, and Allsopp is promoted from the bench.......

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING - MERRICK OUT, MERRICK OUT, MERRICK OUT!!!!   

The man has truly lost his mind, OR - he knows he's out at the end of the season so he's out to f*ck the Melbourne board/suits over as hard as he can.  Whatever - I'm just looking forward to those sweet sweet 3 New Years points.

What are the odds on a sellout/19 000 plus crowd??

offtheball

I think the crowd is going to be huge. I know 8 people going who have never even considered going to a game before.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
hmmmm ya might have something there S 14, looks like old Ernie is bending the board over ..don't it
As for the crowd a sellout would be nice but methinks it will probably be more or less close to last weeks tally....wonder how many of those grumpy Mexicans that stood outside the KB last time are coming up.

:fireup: <-----victory fans  :piralaugh:<------US

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred