• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 vs Melbourne

Andy

Following last nights unexpected defeat, this game is that much more important.

Injuries and suspensions will both play a part in the make up of our team and with Queensland playing the day before us, there could be that more bit of added pressure on us.

I would have put out the team I would like to appear, however due to the amount of injuries that we are not aware of fully, it'll have to wait.

We've got probably the best depth in the league, and this where we need it to show!

CCM-JAM80

This is looking to be the first game in two seasons that I miss due to family commitments on New Year's Eve unfortunately.

You're right Andy, our depth will be tested and the guys who fill in for the first team regulars really need to step it up. QLD Roar have a sniff now and this will be another test of charater for the boys.

mariners4ever

ok

heff- out
danny-supsended
kwassy-suspended
simon-doubtful
owens- doubtful

are the mariners allowed to appeal danny's red??

M

mariners_4_ever

u forgot john aloisi who also twisted his knee and was during this week some time is going 2 find out if he will be playing this weekend
So if we loose Aloisi and Simons, does this mean Paul will partner Sasho up front ????
Or will we go for a more defence line up with a lone striker and extend the midfield with brad ??

i think we should
because im watching the game now with mate and that ball  accutally came of dannys CHEST
so maybe the mariners should appeal his red card

:pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

possible line up

trott
          Boogs            Alex                  Tony              Clarkie

Brad                                  Mile

Tommy                    Gumps                          Browny

Sasho

FFC Mariner

Gumps and Browny will be avail plus Boogs (hopefully).

At least a back 5 of

Defenders will be chosen from Porter, Clarkie, Wilko, Viddie, Browny and Stringers. Add Boogs to that and we can pick a pretty good back 4

Mids - Tommy, Gumps, Hutcho, Jedi

Strikers - Saso and ??? (Aloisi and Simon maybe)

Andy

Greenpoleffc said:
Gumps and Browny will be avail plus Boogs (hopefully).

At least a back 5 of

Defenders will be chosen from Porter, Clarkie, Wilko, Viddie, Browny and Stringers. Add Boogs to that and we can pick a pretty good back 4

Mids - Tommy, Gumps, Hutcho, Jedi

Strikers - Saso and ??? (Aloisi and Simon maybe)

That's still a decent squad to pick from.

Trott
Clark  Wilko  Boogs    Brown
              Jedi
Gumps  Hutch  Tommy
      Sasho  ????

fedelta

I heard Owens, Hutchinson and Aloisi will all be getting scans tomorrow on their knees and are expected to miss the match. Hopefully Matty Simon will be alright to partner Sasho.

Trott
    Clark  Wikinson  Vidmar  Boogard                 
                                                                ?
Gumprecht  Jedinak Pondeljak Brown

Petrovski  Simon

Tassiemariner

Aloisi is getting scans done in adelaide tomorrow.

Trott
clark wilko boogs viddy
        jedinak
tommy  gumps  browny
      sasho simon??

brett

I think it's pointless guessing the team until we know the extent of the injuries.

Yes, our depth is just about the best in the A-League. But, looking at our performance but also spirit and fight in the loss to Queensland compared to the loss to Sydney, it's clear that the presence of such players as Hutcho is still important to get the most out of the other fringe players.

The boys will be counting down the minutes to this game and I think if we're not totally decimated by injury we will win.

Andy

Mini In Bay 6 said:
IS Mrdja back from the dead yet?  I thought I heard his name in a radio broadcast earlier this week as being available.

That was a f*ck up from some amateur journalists. He's out for the season.

rosko

Hutcho and Tommy are the key.... With those two we have a great midfield no matter who is in there with them.. They are both in the form of their lives at the moment..  The boys will go well this weekend... It would be great to see another big crowd to get them over the line. Taking 3 with a weakened team against Melbourne would be so nice. Im at work NYE for what has become a great tradition on the coast.... Go You Yellows

ryan

We could sign someone on an injury waiver for Heff provided that we could find someone who was good enough quality. If Aloisi and Simon have serious injuries perhaps we should look for another striker.

Andy

Taylor said:
Yeah, he has 6 yellows and misses this match.

I seriously don't think that's right. Heff got his 6th YC against Adelaide 2 weeks back, he still played against Sydney. Hutch should be alright, the next suspoension mark is eight YC's IIRC.

ryan said:
We could sign someone on an injury waiver for Heff provided that we could find someone who was good enough quality. If Aloisi and Simon have serious injuries perhaps we should look for another striker.

Alvin Ceccoli? I've heard his back in Australia ATM and would be a great pick up if he could get permission from Avispa Fukuoka.
However, I strongly, strongly doubt he would.

mustapha_beer

Many more games like that one, and I'll be changing my sign on to mustapha_sedative or perhaps even mustapha_paddedCell....anyway, thank goodness someone thought to start up the Melbourne thread early...gives us something to look forward to.

Was wondering about the idea of another guest signing myself...problem is, until we know whose injuries are worst, we won't know which area to strengthen....left mid? Up front?

Anyway, the Bling Scum result could do one of 2 things to the team:

Crush the morale OR
Fire them up

Guess we'll find out which soon enough.......

bikinigirl

mustapha_beer said:
Anyway, the Bling Scum result could do one of 2 things to the team:

Crush the morale OR
Fire them up

Guess we'll find out which soon enough.......

. obviously they would have been crushed by the result and the mounting injuries

. but they have also shown how they can fire up when the chips are down - it is now up to the coast to do their bit with another huge local and vocal crowd on nye

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred