• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Champions League, Semi Finals

FFC Mariner

Paolo said:
can only hope that the fans get a battering again

Scum (if they make it) and Roma/Lazio v Manure on the Streets of Rome.

might be good to leave the red shirt at home I reckon lol

Arabmariner

It'll be interesting to see how Chelsea aproach this one.Obviously they have to be a bit more adventurous at home.

Chelsea have been prone to leaking goals at home lately.

What's the potential for another 2-6 result or similar ?

serious14

It's intriguing - obviously, nothing short of a win will do, so at some point they will have to venture beyond their 18 yard box :)o) and attempt to score.  Whether from a set piece, a Cech hoof, or a Lampard through ball - whatever, really.  The fun part is if it breaks down and Iniesta and Messi are set loose......

Ben

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25440670-23215,00.html

An Arsenal fan in football-mad Kenya hanged himself following his team's 4-1 aggregate drubbing by arch-rivals Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, police said.

Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hanged himself in his Arsenal shirt after the match, police said.

"We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal was defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying," Calvin Otieno, one of his friends, said.

"We didn't know he was going to hang himself until this morning when we received the reports and came here to find his body at the balcony," Otieno said outside the deceased's home.

Arsenal slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, capping a disappointing season for the Gunners who were already out of the Barclays Premier League title race early in the season.

Football-related domestic tragedies are frequent in the region, where English clubs enjoy passionate following and European games draw more attention than national and continental games.

serious14

Teams are in:

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Alex, Terry, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba. Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Di Santo, Mikel, Kalou, Belletti, Mancienne

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Abidal, Pique, Toure, Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Messi. Subs: Pinto, Caceres, Gudjohnsen, Bojan, Sylvinho, Hleb, Pedro.

serious14

And again, Messi is found wanting in a big game...... Chelsea are all over him.  They seem to be switching between the agricultural hoof clearance and the lightning counter with Drogba.

Barca are putting on the razzle, but Lionheart Cryboy and co. are too quick to get back.  I wouldn't be surprised to see another 45 minutes of this.

Arabmariner

Barca are 45 mins from not having scored in 4 legs of Champions league semi-finals.

Weaving pretty patterns is all very well as long as there's goals at the end of it.

serious14

Wow...... I dunno what Guardiola said at half time, but Barca are taking the piss at the moment - surely a goal will amount from all this posession and penetration??

P.S.  Drogba is a c*nt.  End of.

serious14

HOLY MOTHER F*CKING TITTY JESUS CHRIST GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INIESTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

serious14

Fulltime, 1-1.

Football.  Bloody hell.  That was the longest 7 minutes of injury time ever.  EVER!!!!

(and now we're treated to the "Chelsea are a pack of petulant children" fulltime show - this is Karma biting you hard on the arse you insolent pack of thugs, enjoy)

Kareem

how many semi-final losses in major tournaments is that for Hiddink now? :p (I'm counting 5)
What was Drogba saying towards camera at end (I have no sound- that is if it was able to be heard at home...?)

Kareem

and secondly- ballack did a lot of man handling there
chest bumping, pushing into ref etc. I know they are more lenient over there- but still
and it wasnt as blatant a handball as ours was when Danny high fived ref

serious14

Kareem said:
and secondly- ballack did a lot of man handling there
chest bumping, pushing into ref etc. I know they are more lenient over there- but still
and it wasnt as blatant a handball as ours was when Danny high fived ref

I was on the phone to a friend at the exact moment that happened, and that was the first thing I said to her.  What was Danny's ban??  Ballack should be getting that and more - precedent.  PRECEDENT!!!!!

I don't actually know what Drogba said, I was out of the room on said phone call at the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred