• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Champions League, Semi Finals

FFC Mariner

Hmmmmmmmmmm - I am not terribly confident TBH. I saw us win there one Boxing Day (and lived which is even more remarkable).

Left it to my mate to get tickets for us and the idiot scabbed them from a work promo and we ended up in the old West Stand in amongst all the Chavs.

They were all ex skinheads and were making monkey chants at their own black players.

Those were the days when they used to sell National Front literature outside the ground (as the cops looked on)

One of my mates had a Rock Against Racism badge on and we almost tore it off him (I suggested we beat him up ourselves to save time and the rest of us but got outvoted)

When they dont wear colours at a home game and spend 90 mins standing and facing the away end, you know you are in trouble. The Shed was always supposed to be where the nutters were but that was for kids (like we were) - the real lunatics were all season ticket holders in the West Stand next to the terrible away terrace.

I'm sure they picked us straight away but thankfully we werent worth the trouble.

Arabmariner

The West Stand ?

Was that the little one in the corner ?

Or was that the one they knocked down to build the 3 tiered thing that nearly sent them broke ?

Arabmariner

This is a bit off topic FFC but you'll like it.

I've got a copy of an evening paper from 14/5/83 (last day of the season.....we won the league )

Looking at the league tables Fulham finished 4th in Div 2 and Chelsea finished 6th bottom of Div 2 (3 pts off the bottom).

If I remember correctly they escaped relegation on the last day.

Sym

tuftman said:
Sym said:
It means..I won't bite at the remark...

result means more than the way we play, if we came out and played ie Bayern..we coulda got done 4-0 and it's game over, defensive, get the nil all and it's game on on our home turf

Let me ask you a question, if Blackburn were up against a top 4 team on the last day of the season and needed just one point to avoid relegation, and played how Chelsea did, and got the point, would you be pissed off because they played defensive football.... ?

Little different don't you think? Given the gulf in quality between Blackburn and the big 4, regardless of the situation we pretty well have to play defensive against them. Chelsea, however aren't really that far behind Barca in quality, and are certainly ahead of Bayern by a big margin. Perhaps you could've come out and played at the Nou Camp like you did last time, and gotten a 2-2, like you did last time??

A simple yes/no would of done.

Serious..dude..calm down hey ?

marinersman

I've recorded the game and just watched the first half. Absolute men against boys. Chelsea hardly touched the ball. That said, Drogba missed a sitter.

As a neutral from what I've seen so far, Chelsea are not worthy to be on the same pitch. If Messi and co had the shooting boots on, it would have been all over after half an hour. If you want to see the beautiful game, visit Spain on your next trip to Europe and don't bother with the UK.

Sym

lol don't blame a lack of shooting boots, pretty sure Bosingwa marked Messi out of the game.

Don't all whinge and bitch about defensive football, if the mariners did it in the ACL you'd all be fapping and calling Mckinna a genius

marinersman

LOL all you like, there was only one team playing football. Chelsea waved the red flag and virtually admitted they weren't good enough to compete with Barca. They don't deserve to go through and I hope they don't and I'm speaking as a neutral.

Chelsea were a disgrace with their negative tactics and if you're happy supporting that lot than good luck to you. I guess mediocrity has it's place, just not in the teams I care to watch. You seem to be very touchy about perceived criticism of Chelsea.

serious14

Sym said:
Serious..dude..calm down hey ?

Sym, dude, start making sense yeah??  At what point did I fire up??

Your comment about "if McKinna did it you'd all call it it genius" makes me laugh...... what "genius" is there is saying "right, all of you, stay behind the halfway line, and kick it as far forward as humanly possible the second you get it"??  If you're the manager of a League 1 team with 1/50th of the budget of Chelsea away to a Premiership team in the FA Cup perhaps, but your "team" cost nearly 300 million quid to assemble over the years, it's won a trophy or three since Roman rolled into town, yet you're still afraid to actually have a go when it matters.  I expected defensive football (long balls to Drogba, Lampard and Malouda running off him), but you didn't even offer up that. 

:vomit:

FFC Mariner

Point of order, the 300 mil wasnt Romans to start with. Makes Murdoch look like Mother Theresa

Thank you Wiki

Bribes

On 5 July 2008, The Times reported that Abramovich admitted he paid billions of dollars for political favours and protection fees to obtain a big share of Russia's oil and aluminium assets as was shown by court papers The Times obtained.[30]

[edit] Allegations of illegal share-dilution

Yugraneft, an affiliate of Sibir Energy, is seeking billions of dollars in damages in a lawsuit in London against Roman Abramovich and his investment company Millhouse Capital, alleging that it was cheated out of its Russian assets.[31] It alleges that another of Roman Abramovich's companies, Sibneft, illegally diluted Yugraneft's interest in their joint-company that had oil fields in Russia to 1% from 50%. The proceedings "involve substantial claims to recover the proceeds of the diluted interest", said Sibir Energy, a company co-owned by the billionaire Shalva Chigirinsky.[31]

[edit] Arrest for theft

In 1992 he was arrested in a case of theft of government property: AVEKS-Komi sent a train containing 55 cisterns (tankers) of diesel fuel, worth 3.8 million roubles, from the Ukhtinsk Oil Production Factory (Case No. 79067 for the large-scale theft of state property);[32][33] Abramovich met the train in Moscow and resent the shipment to the Kaliningrad military base under a fake agreement, but the fuel arrived in Riga. Abramovich co-operated with the investigation, and the charges were dropped after the oil production factory was compensated by the diesel's buyer, the Latvian-US concern, Chikora International.[10]

[edit] Aluminium wars

The Times[18][34] said that Mr Abramovich "famously emerged triumphant after the aluminium wars, in which more than 100 people believed to have been killed in gangland feuds over control of the lucrative smelters. He avoided the fate of a rival oligarch who annoyed the Kremlin and ended up being transported to jail in Siberia for ten years," and "Numerous officials and executives are said to have lost their lives".

[edit] Antitrust law violations

International Herald Tribune said:[35]

Russia's antitrust body said Wednesday that Evraz Holding part-owned by Kremlin-friendly businessman Roman Abramovich has breached anti-monopoly rules, overcharging customers for coking coal.

Sym

No point in continuing this argument when I believe a nil all at the Noucamp is a good result regardless of how we play XD

kanewillow

has any one mentioned this mornings game nice finish by oshae.
arsenal lucky to get away with being 1 behind
make good viewing in a week time

serious14

Now _that_ was a game of football - we probably should have taken a few more of our chances  (3-1 would have been a fair reflection of how the game went), but wow, does it make for a _cracking_ second leg.

Was very nice to see a team attempt to actually play the game away from home (and before you retort with "you're no Barca" Sym, we are reigning English, European, and World Champions, so we must be doing something right), full credit to Arsenal - they do however need to work on the whole "end product to the sexy passing" part of their game.  I cannot believe Fabregas is only 21.....

Despite being subbed at the hour mark, Anderson and Tevez were positively sublime - and even though Berbatov has that lassez-faire thing going on, he had two moments of ludicrous skill that very nearly resulted in goals towards the end of the game.

Giggs - 800 appearances..... legendary.

Bring on next week - I reckon we might even sneak through on a 2-1 or 3-2 loss, but I would take a draw of any sort.

Sym

serious14 said:
Was very nice to see a team attempt to actually play the game away from home

Nawww and now they find themselves in a harder position to qualify then we do.

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Honestly, is there anything better in club football than these four games every season??  Surely the pinnacle.
We made the list.

Number 5 still leaves a bitter taste even 25 years later.

http://guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/apr/28/joy-six-european-cup-semi-finals-champions-league

serious14

Man Utd side in full: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Ronaldo, Rooney. Subs: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Evans, Giggs, Scholes, Berbatov, Tevez.

Arsenal side in full: Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Djourou, Gibbs, Walcott, Fabregas, Song Billong, Nasri, Van Persie, Adebayor. Subs: Fabianski, Eboue, Silvestre, Diaby, Denilson, Vela, Bendtner.

Oh boy, gettin' nervous now...... here's to a cracking game.

serious14

JI SUUUUUUUUUUUUNG PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod.....

1-0, 7th minute.  Man U 2-0 on aggregate.  No extra time as a result of this goal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred