• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Reign of Mike Mulvey

pjennings

The use of youngsters is about squad management.

If you have 7 players out of 22 as youngsters then you would be lucky to be spending $500000, (Assuming no DDS type). You then need the majority of those to be capable of playing in first XI of more experienced players. I think in Rowles and Lachie we have at least two that will fit that bill. Berry had few opportunities but may also fit that description. What we do not need is squad fillers that will get no game time even with injuries. The manager must be happy to play them. Pearce and Bingham were basically wasted spots last season - their money would have been better spent adding to the striker pot.

The remaining 15 players can then be on an average of $150000 - 1650000. Some will be on considerably more some on considerably less - but the more quality youngsters you have the more you can spend on the more experienced members and hopefully attract better players.

If you only have 3 youngsters the remaining 19 would average $130000 - $147000 for a total spend of $2.7m - $3m

JoyfulPenguin

The use of youngsters is about squad management.

If you have 7 players out of 22 as youngsters then you would be lucky to be spending $500000, (Assuming no DDS type). You then need the majority of those to be capable of playing in first XI of more experienced players. I think in Rowles and Lachie we have at least two that will fit that bill. Berry had few opportunities but may also fit that description. What we do not need is squad fillers that will get no game time even with injuries. The manager must be happy to play them. Pearce and Bingham were basically wasted spots last season - their money would have been better spent adding to the striker pot.

The remaining 15 players can then be on an average of $150000 - 1650000. Some will be on considerably more some on considerably less - but the more quality youngsters you have the more you can spend on the more experienced members and hopefully attract better players.

If you only have 3 youngsters the remaining 19 would average $130000 - $147000 for a total spend of $2.7m - $3m
Terrific analysis PJ, shows why it's so important not to waste spots. Made my blood boil when we had three keepers signed, get an injury replacement or the youth team keeper if one gets injured, we desperately need to make the most of every cent when we spend so much less.

Wombat

DDS is obsessed with Okon and will follow him anywhere. If Okon gets WSW he will end up there.
Trouble is WSW have just signed that dog Fitzgerald so DDS might not start

Fitzy is a winger. DDS is a 10. Okon is unlikely surely to get the gig at WSW unless its as a Youth team coach.

FFC Mariner

Fitzy is a winger. DDS is a 10. Okon is unlikely surely to get the gig at WSW unless its as a Youth team coach.
Fitzy was 10 for Australian Schoolboys and in our NYL side. He played wide because there was no place at 10 for him against Musty or Rogic. I think he left Roar because they wouldnt play him at his preferred 10.
Okon was at Wanderers with DDS the other week

Big Al

DDS is obsessed with Okon and will follow him anywhere. If Okon gets WSW he will end up there.
Trouble is WSW have just signed that dog Fitzgerald so DDS might not start
Have it on very very good authority from someone in the know at WSW it won’t be Paul but an overseas coach but our connection is only through a
Mutual friend and they knew I’m a Mariners fan so could of been lying but I think i read the conversation right that it won’t be Paul

Reactions: adz

Big Al

Fitzy was 10 for Australian Schoolboys and in our NYL side. He played wide because there was no place at 10 for him against Musty or Rogic. I think he left Roar because they wouldnt play him at his preferred 10.
Okon was at Wanderers with DDS the other week
My chat was only last Friday but could have been trying to throw me now you say that.
Thought City group would be perfect for DDS and they don’t have a #10 and if got him humming have the connections to send him back overseas

Wombat

Heard a rumour that Matt Simon is getting another year with Sydney and Corica is favourite to get the coaching gig.

If they want TBT they better give us Simon (or Brillante)

Corica is not a very impressive speaker. Not sure if he has the communication skills to be the number 1

Last edited:

Pirate Pete

Corica is not a very impressive speaker. Not sure if he has the communication skills to be the number 1
Mossy will be Corica's number two so he can do the talking ......
icon_lol.gif

Insertnamehere

Brilliante yes thanks!
Corica will be like Rado after Ange. Good no 2. Not a good top dog.

tyson

Absolutely OZ.

And while I may not know the intricacies of football like some on here, I have never got my head around aiming to play 'attractive' football. I want to play 'effective' football. I would quite happily watch my team park the bus and play on the break, if it meant we won more games and made finals. We played 'attractive' football last season, and it got us nowhere. The Soccoroo's very nearly missed the WC off the back of 'attractive' football.

Sure - if you have the right squad play some attacking football, but it should be a secondary consideration after actually winning games.
Did we play attractive football though? The early games were and that had us sitting at 4th but that all changed - the counter attacks disappeared, the plays slowed down and turned into passing between the defenders, there was a lack of movement off the ball and less high pressing which was FAR from attractive.

Wombat

Did we play attractive football though? The early games were and that had us sitting at 4th but that all changed - the counter attacks disappeared, the plays slowed down and turned into passing between the defenders, there was a lack of movement off the ball and less high pressing which was FAR from attractive.

It was f**king ugly and dire dumb Football.

Big Al

Edited video of his speech at Mariners Medal. I like the bits at 2mibs and 3.40pm.
Talks a great game now go and deliver

Reactions: adz

Offsider

Have it on very very good authority from someone in the know at WSW it won’t be Paul but an overseas coach but our connection is only through a
Mutual friend and they knew I’m a Mariners fan so could of been lying but I think i read the conversation right that it won’t be Paul

The way I understand it ............. okon and gombau are both disciples of the postenoclue brand. Gombau was much higher in the pecking order than okon and they cut him. I don’t see them thinking that okon would be a better choice ???.

Wombat

The way I understand it ............. okon and gombau are both disciples of the postenoclue brand. Gombau was much higher in the pecking order than okon and they cut him. I don’t see them thinking that okon would be a better choice ???.

Gombau is is own man and wouldn't give a shit what Ange preaches. Ange is a country hick to him.
The Drive bys have always been stupid and were stupid in my opinion not giving him next season.....it's not like they ever keep any players for more than a year anyway. Having said that I would think Okon has a 5% chance of getting that gig.

Offsider

Gombau is is own man and wouldn't give a shit what Ange preaches. Ange is a country hick to him.
The Drive bys have always been stupid and were stupid in my opinion not giving him next season.....it's not like they ever keep any players for more than a year anyway. Having said that I would think Okon has a 5% chance of getting that gig.

Are you forgetting that gombau was socceroo’s assistant to postecoglou. Postecoglou would not have appointed him if he didn’t buy into his attacking mantra. Gombau didn’t leave the setup until news that postecoglou had bailed.

Don’t get me wrong ........... I am a Gombau fan of both his character and his philosophy and would have loved him to have the ccm gig. The thing that would have not put him on charlesworth’s list is that he “is his own man “ as you put it and is no puppet.

Wsw are imploding at a great rate and the thing that made them great is now eating them.

pjennings

I have heard whispers that Mr Fairfield is hoping that the Campbelltown bid gets up so that he can get the gig and build a team from the ground up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred