• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Reign of Mike Mulvey

scoober

Is it worth us throwing anything at him for a cameo? Simon that is - not Corica lol
I don't think its a bad idea to get Simon back if he's on a low wage and accepts a squad role. I think its great IF the club could get the likes of Simon, Bozanic and Wilko back to the coast. It would show Members and those who have an interest in the Mariners that were returning to our foundations. Of course keeping in mind some quality for the final third too is a must.

Offsider

I don't think its a bad idea to get Simon back if he's on a low wage and accepts a squad role. I think its great IF the club could get the likes of Simon, Bozanic and Wilko back to the coast. It would show Members and those who have an interest in the Mariners that were returning to our foundations. Of course keeping in mind some quality for the final third too is a must.

Returning to the foundations ??? ............. they are good thoughts ...... but actually bringing back players that WERE succesful then may be left behind in the current league, unless they came back in coaching or related areas. Can’t see those mentioned as being in that mindset yet and surely out of the $ that charlesworth would offer. Bozanic and Wilkinson’s positions are already well covered by players that would command a start in any team in the league and Simon’s goal return is not profficient enough to fill the striker gap it would only add to it.

Jus’ sayin’

Josho Howe

I think Wilko will have one more season at Sydney then either go back to NPL or retire. He'd be 34 by the end of next season. Simon could possibly come back, but Bozanic is out of the equation l feel. He wouldn't be willing to accept lesser pay when he can play with City for a much bigger wage and play for a Socceroos spot. Unfortunately, we aren't an attractive destination for players.

Forum Phoenix

Returning to the foundations ??? ............. they are good thoughts ...... but actually bringing back players that WERE succesful then may be left behind in the current league, unless they came back in coaching or related areas. Can’t see those mentioned as being in that mindset yet and surely out of the $ that charlesworth would offer. Bozanic and Wilkinson’s positions are already well covered by players that would command a start in any team in the league and Simon’s goal return is not profficient enough to fill the striker gap it would only add to it.

Jus’ sayin’
This for me also.

Offsider

I think Wilko will have one more season at Sydney then either go back to NPL or retire. He'd be 34 by the end of next season. Simon could possibly come back, but Bozanic is out of the equation l feel. He wouldn't be willing to accept lesser pay when he can play with City for a much bigger wage and play for a Socceroos spot. Unfortunately, we aren't an attractive destination for players.

I would beg to differ. The club is an excellent destination for players as it has always been. It is just that the owner of the franchise charlesworth is the worst owner of a franchise since clive palmer............ if that is possible........... and I use the lower case as a mark of disrespect for both.

Forum Phoenix

I would beg to differ. The club is an excellent destination for players as it has always been. It is just that the owner of the franchise charlesworth is the worst owner of a franchise since clive palmer............ if that is possible........... and I use the lower case as a mark of disrespect for both.
Hang on, we're what now?

Update:
I asked around forum journalist style to see how the players felt about this claim. DDS told my wife’s cousins tennis partners friend that he wants to fight you,

Last edited:

Offsider

That’s understandable ........... love means nothing to a tennis player .

In my defence .............. I’m not sure I understood the question .......... and I’m not sure it is a rhetorical question that wouldn’t really apply had it not included “now” .......... which is the only real time as it doesn’t truely exhist being only a concept of man .......... similarly my answer if wrong or upsets anybody’s concept of a good club being part of the former post which I thought needed clarification ???? But whereas I am new I trust that I may be excused on the grounds of mental capacity due to my hearing being impaired because of the status of my head.

Forum Phoenix

That’s understandable ........... love means nothing to a tennis player .

In my defence .............. I’m not sure I understood the question .......... and I’m not sure it is a rhetorical question that wouldn’t really apply had it not included “now” .......... which is the only real time as it doesn’t truely exhist being only a concept of man .......... similarly my answer if wrong or upsets anybody’s concept of a good club being part of the former post which I thought needed clarification ???? But whereas I am new I trust that I may be excused on the grounds of mental capacity due to my hearing being impaired because of the status of my head.

I agree with your disagreement.

Luca Brasi

"The age of mediocrity is over."
Love the content and delivery of the speech but excellence comes at a cost - the best players, the best staff, the best resources, the best services all cost. How is this going to go with the owner imposing an unrealistic budget?

Reactions: adz

Insertnamehere

Love the content and delivery of the speech but excellence comes at a cost - the best players, the best staff, the best resources, the best services all cost. How is this going to go with the owner imposing an unrealistic budget?
Collaboration and cunning.
Collaborate where it can save us coin such as Ourimbah uni, if they still do sport science there. And be super cunning with our purchasing, such as loan Aussie players from abroad if we can find them.

Offsider

It is simple really ............. the age of mediocrity is not over .......... we haven’t even got there yet. We are still stuck in the age of greed and all indicators are that it will get worse before it gets better.

We are lucky that we have left over quality that okon has taken the fall for .............. so far there is only talk that hasn’t landed anything yet ???......... and visit from high profile visitor whose carefully chosen words of encouragement didn’t light any fires for me.

I would dearly love to hear that hoole has started pre season training with ten hours a day practicing spot kicks.:headbutt::headbutt::headbutt:

Forum Phoenix

Agree. The only answer it to work much harder and smarter than everyone else. Let's hope MM has the skill to achieve that.

Wombat

It is simple really ............. the age of mediocrity is not over .......... we haven’t even got there yet. We are still stuck in the age of greed and all indicators are that it will get worse before it gets better.

We are lucky that we have left over quality that okon has taken the fall for .............. so far there is only talk that hasn’t landed anything yet ???......... and visit from high profile visitor whose carefully chosen words of encouragement didn’t light any fires for me.

I would dearly love to hear that hoole has started pre season training with ten hours a day practicing spot kicks.:headbutt::headbutt::headbutt:

Spot kicks? Are you talking about Penalties or free kicks? Or do you mean all dead balls situations such as corners....which were shit.

Wombat

Agree. The only answer it to work much harder and smarter than everyone else. Let's hope MM has the skill to achieve that.

For the first time in forever we have a better than mediocre coach. Lets hope he is allowed to assemble a decent squad.
Lets hope our very mediocre Chairman can step up to A League standard.

Wombat

Ok.
I like a Newbie with confidence:).
Hoole has alot of potential but is a bit of a headless chook. With a decent coach in a proper team environment he could flourish.

You are not "Greedy Joilc" are you??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred