• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Reign of Mike Mulvey

VicMariner

Hoole shouldn't be anywhere near a dead ball.

MM is a proven coach at HAL level. He could win this league if given the right resources.
Watch MC hamstring him.

Forum Phoenix

Chin up now vic.

Mulvey has sounded the call to arms. Ours is now but to heed its call, :piano::shoutclap:

At the very least until the trumpet MC gave him cracks in two. :tophat:

Forum Phoenix

Hey we do have "some" rules here Offsider! There should be no ‘pheeelan’ boys in the choir.

Last edited:

Gratis

I've said this before, but I think with the side we had this season Mulvey wouldn't have wooden spooned us. He might have even had us in the finals. It would only have taken a few more wins really.

Money short, and he knows it, he still gets to build his own squad now. With Baro, Golec, Brama and Hiariej to build off there reason to be hopeful we can be at least mid table again next season

Forum Phoenix

I've said this before, but I think with the side we had this season Mulvey wouldn't have wooden spooned us. He might have even had us in the finals. It would only have taken a few more wins really.

Mulvey seems a class above TBH. But don't want to get my hopes up. Such a long road in front of us.

style_cafe

Make no mistake Mulvey has a f..king hard job ahead of him.
He not only has to find the right players, he has to mould them together, work their guts out & teach them how to win again.
He has shown already that he won`t tolerate any nonsense from players not 100% committed.
That`s a good start, discipline will be a key this year.
We cannot afford to have players being sent off,it`s as simple as that.

Also, I hope we don`t have the bullshit trial matches of the past 3-4 seasons.
Trials are for midweek,weekend matches are for getting combinations working & for putting your best team on the park.
They should also be used to gather the support of the faithful.
With PP stepping down this season it leaves a massive hole in the active support & the club needs a strong Yellow Army.

Wombat

The young fella who I believe is stepping up has a decent set of lungs.....but Pete, Jimmy and Eggy will be a hard act to follow.

Ozhammer

Money short, and he knows it, he still gets to build his own squad now. With Baro, Golec, Brama and Hiariej to build off there reason to be hopeful we can be at least mid table again next season
MM doesn’t buy into the 6th place is good enough philosophy, his view is either that you are in it to win it or don’t bother. That might sound ambitious but settling for second best would never be enough.

pjennings

MM doesn’t buy into the 6th place is good enough philosophy, his view is either that you are in it to win it or don’t bother. That might sound ambitious but settling for second best would never be enough.

Great - so the domestic treble is our target this year!!! It will make a change to get past our first round of the cup.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Ha. Love it.

Coach: Yes I think you'll find I'm much more ambitious than the previous coaches. I won't be happy with anything less than coming 9th and making it past our first round in the FFA cup. And we're building a team who believes we can really achieve that.

Wombat

Ha. Love it.

Coach: Yes I think you'll find I'm much more ambitious than the previous coaches. I won't be happy with anything less than coming 9th and making it past our first round in the FFA cup. And we're building a team who believes we can really achieve that.
Bahahaha!!

Coach: We will be training 5 days per week, during this training we are going to practice shooting and defending set pieces. We are also going to do video analysis that will show you that you can't possibly mark a player from the half way line when they are on the edge of our box.
Also you are all required to hand in your bongs.

priorpeter

With PP stepping down this season it leaves a massive hole in the active support & the club needs a strong Yellow Army.

Whoever it is will have any guidance or encouragement needed. Basically “drink all these beers and yell at all those people”. Capo 101.
We’re not necessarily ‘appointing’ anyone per se anyway - just needs people to step up into those match-day leadership roles organically.
I know I’m gonna miss it so I’m sure I’ll run a cameo or 3 here and there.

Wombat

I helped out in Bay 16 against Scum in Sully's finest hour.:(
Pete and Jimmy looked shell shocked and gutted and i think skulked off early. Eggy was still banging his chest, dreaming that we were still competative right until the f**king end.
For me that deserves alot of respect!!! I believe Eggy and the lads will still be in bay 16 making a noise but they simply dont want to be the leaders anymore.
These 3 boys are gold and deserve almost as much credit as some of the past players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb