• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Reign of Mike Mulvey

Ozhammer

Can you not elaborate on mc’s acts of redemption ???

There are signs of improvement but also signs of the same old same old ???.
He told those present about the now known about signings and coaching arrangements, which he didn’t have to but asked us not to pre-empt the club’s announcements, which we were happy to agree to. He also actively sought the opinion of myself and others as fans as to what we saw as the key issues and what had transpired since his arrival had been announced. In essence, he listened to those that were present and asked very probing questions to make sure he understood the points of view being expressed.

He also spoke about what was being discussed and put in place behind the scenes, which smacked of professionalism and positivity. The fact that he is trying to engage the whole club in moving forward together rather than just concentrating on the football department was very encouraging, as I am sure the situation over the past few seasons has demoralised the staff just as much as it has us fans.

All in all, he came across as a highly motivated individual who believes he can build something worthwhile from the foundations that exist. He sees his role as a long term one and isn’t looking for the next big gig, like some previous incumbents I could mention. He seemed realistic and pragmatic, whilst giving you the belief that he can do what he says he will. So much so, that I came away feeling that he is exactly what we need at this point in time and if fortune deigns to smile on the team at least a little, the future will surely be a much better place for everyone associated with the club.

Offsider

That management team is a pretty solidly good sign.

Watching the ongoing signings will tell us a lot. So far we still have up to 10 spaces to fill - 8 more likely and some youth in that.
The signings and re-signings so far have been all about steel, experience, fire in the belly and culture. Happy with those signings for those reasons.
We have Baro, Golec, Wout and Hiariej - a fair bit of quality there.
So now we have some quality and grit in the team. Still not enough yet.
BUT - the last three new signings wouldn't have cost too much. I'm hoping that MMM is saving his coin for a few high quality players, striker and CAM ideally. Add those to the mix and some back ups at wings and wing backs and we have the potential for a pretty competitive side, balancing grit, ability and, as importantly, quality coaching.

Baro,Golec,Brama and Hiariej are as good a four as there is in the league and early in the season controlled the games with splatterings of the same all season. It is the support for these four that fell apart.

Offsider

He told those present about the now known about signings and coaching arrangements, which he didn’t have to but asked us not to pre-empt the club’s announcements, which we were happy to agree to. He also actively sought the opinion of myself and others as fans as to what we saw as the key issues and what had transpired since his arrival had been announced. In essence, he listened to those that were present and asked very probing questions to make sure he understood the points of view being expressed.

He also spoke about what was being discussed and put in place behind the scenes, which smacked of professionalism and positivity. The fact that he is trying to engage the whole club in moving forward together rather than just concentrating on the football department was very encouraging, as I am sure the situation over the past few seasons has demoralised the staff just as much as it has us fans.

All in all, he came across as a highly motivated individual who believes he can build something worthwhile from the foundations that exist. He sees his role as a long term one and isn’t looking for the next big gig, like some previous incumbents I could mention. He seemed realistic and pragmatic, whilst giving you the belief that he can do what he says he will. So much so, that I came away feeling that he is exactly what we need at this point in time and if fortune deigns to smile on the team at least a little, the future will surely be a much better place for everyone associated with the club.

Yes ........ that sounds encouraging

Forum Phoenix

Great posts and much appreciated. Cheers OH.

nebakke

I'm not against giving capo'ing a go.
bG8gjShUO5WxTp4GDjSxqeVEGnR.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb