• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Reign of Mike Mulvey

Timmah

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves just yet, I would like us to have a red hot go at winning the FFA Cup.

It would go a long way to stop using us as an example for pro / rel when we can’t even beat NPL teams.

Start with the focus on that, it would build spirit in the team and with the fans.
Even just getting past the Round of 32 :santa:

LFCMariners

All he needs do is not attain the spoon in the worst possible fashion and he's ahead of the curve currently.

So he's got to win just one game next season and it's a pass mark?

F**k that. When did this club begin aiming so low?

I don't want a club who regards finishing outside the finals as a pass mark!

I want to see PRIDE!

I want to see POWER!

I want to see BAD-ASS MOTHERS WHO DON'T TAKE NO CRAP OFF NOBODY!

Josho Howe

Agreed that a solid FFA Cup run is needed. Last year against Blacktown l couldn't handle all the people leaving the ground knowing who we supported and yelling out ''WHERE'S OUR ALEAGUE TEAM''. They're a division below and we should be always winning those games. Just getting to the quarters would be nice.

Forum Phoenix

For me anything less than top six is not a psss mark and never should be in a ten or even a twelve team comp. still only equals a 50% mark with 12 teams. So finishing sixth is only scraping a bare pass imo. I want to do better. And we should absolutely be aiming to.

I think Mulvey will be aiming to win the league. Which is EXACTLY what any coach should be doing. You dream it, make a plan to achieve it, and then work your guts out trying to successfully execute it. And then see where you land. Want to reach the moon. Aim for the stars.

This whole finish inside the six in a ten team comp or play entertaining or quality style of football has been more than half our problem. It shows a lack of ambition on and off the field. We used to win ugly and often. Everyone hated it, and us, and it was great.

We don’t have money, ok, so we can’t be short on mongrel and ambition as well or we’re screwed before we even kick a ball. And this is not the EPL. Yeah we need some quality, but the monetary gaps between top and bottoms sides are nowhere near as extreme.

Mariners used to ALWAYS believe they can win. And so they bloody should. They can. We’ve always been the little team with players no one rated right from the get go, But we proved everyone wrong. Again. And again and again. That’s a big part of the spirit that needs to be back also, Mongrel fight to the death, f**k the rich show ponies style BELIEF.

Last edited:

nebakke

What'd we think of Bray when he played for us?

I was absolutely dumbfounded that the poor guy didn't get another game after that performance, especially in a team with a decidedly mediocre-looking Izzo - I don't recall him being particularly at fault for any of the three goals that were scored that day, but i seem to recall him saving our bacon more than once.
But - as Joyfulpenguin points out, he clearly has some injury issues - we didn't know that at the time though.

JoyfulPenguin

I was absolutely dumbfounded that the poor guy didn't get another game after that performance, especially in a team with a decidedly mediocre-looking Izzo - I don't recall him being particularly at fault for any of the three goals that were scored that day, but i seem to recall him saving our bacon more than once.
But - as Joyfulpenguin points out, he clearly has some injury issues - we didn't know that at the time though.
If he can ever get his body right he's more than capable of being a starting A-League keeper. Such a shame he did his ACL, a good season with South Melbourne would have put him straight back into the A-League.

Josho Howe

Agreed with having a look at Chris Oldfield. We have before but went with Bray instead. A no.1 keeper is a must sign. I can't handle an ex scum keeper being our no.1 any longer.

greenlig

Tbf, I dunno that that's quite right... Paolo avoided the spoon last season - I think it'll take a bit more than just avoiding the spoon next season... He might get away with not being top-6, but it'll need to be more than just not being bottom 1...
Paolo avoided it this season as well. We were a respectable 9th when he left.

Wombat

Pretty sure we were looking at losses in all of those games. Paulo had lost the plot and shitlips Jolic was curled up in the corner smoking crack!(allegedly.............actually, useless f**ktard that he was...no one has alledged that....so file that as bad Ricky Gervais style humour)

Gratis

It's just perspective really isn't it?

One point of view: the fans, club and players wanted to win games

The other point of view: Jolic knew that wanting to win games was just greedy.

Potayto/Potarto

bikinigirl

To be a fly on the wall during exit interviews with the players. Assuming we are professional enough to be doing those....

. interesting viewpoint - the question was asked about Okon's 'performance reviews' around the middle of the season ... as in who was involved, how often or when. the answer was 'at the end of the season'

. i don't know whether most of the players would have the maturity to provide useful exit interviews ... but Balder's could have been a cracker

Insertnamehere

. interesting viewpoint - the question was asked about Okon's 'performance reviews' around the middle of the season ... as in who was involved, how often or when. the answer was 'at the end of the season'

. i don't know whether most of the players would have the maturity to provide useful exit interviews ... but Balder's could have been a cracker
Doesn't need to be complex.
Could even be tick box if you're that lazy. Not as useful though.

Coastalraider

That's great news OZ, and promising that Monty is involved. I get the feeling that he was heavily under-utilised last year, as Okon would have seen him as another threat like Hutch.
I know Monty actually wanted to continue playing, but was not offered a contract by Okon, and I get the feeling that the'job' he had last year was a kind of peace deal. Hopefully MM can see what an immense resource he would be both to our squad, training, culture and recruitment, and he is properly utilised this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred