• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 2018/19 v Melb City @ CCS

MagpieMariner

The other sidw of the coin. When you get offered the 2 yr contract. Um sign it.

While offers were pulled they could of been signed when offered.

Can be a deadly game either trying to negotiate a better offer or trying to get an offer elsewhere in the mean time.

Harsh but tough reality as well

While the contracts were probably pulled to give Mulvey a chance to have a look and not be locked into McGing type contracts we still should of done better with Wales. Don’t treat your own as disposable like that.
Must say after watching his performance tonight, for mine the only improvement I see is his haircut. How he can start and keep Vidosic on the bench has got me beat.

Wombat

The only 2 concerns I have right now (and it’s amazing I only have 2 compared to our previous seasons!) are:
-Is our high effort defensive style fatiguing is late in the match leading to errors and goals?
-What happens to our mentality if we keep putting in great individual shifts but don’t start getting results? We started last year with lots of promise as well, but lack of results started a lack of belief in the system and each other.

Early days, but just something to keep an eye on.

Bloody proud of our efforts though, it’s like the style matches our quality and strengths as a team - who would have thought!!!

We started last season with an absolute flogging at the hands of the Scum where we defended like blind men.

This season we have had 2 decent draws against Top 6 opposition.

It was wrong to try and close out the game like that after 50 mins as you could see we would concede BUT its a sign of a well coached and confident side that we thought we could sit back and contain them for a whole half.

I give big credit tonight to Matty Simon (probably the best 2 defensive headers of the game came from him!) Cisse, Pain, Rowles and Kennedy.

MagpieMariner

If City had a lesser keeper than Galekovic, we would have won 2-1, with a double to Roscoe. That free kick in the first half was immense, as was the save.

scoober

My thoughts.
Defensively we were far better then last week. As much as we allowed them to come on us in the second half they had no real clear chance due to our superior structure, compare that to last week we were last ditch everywhere to save the goal or bad finishing by brisbane.
Our front third needs improvement but our midfield was much better with Aidan in there.
The thing we overlook is both Aidan and Ross have played next to zero preseason or actual games so far this year. They will both dictate the success of our season. If they both get more match fit and stay healthy we will get healthier results.

Michael

In the end I’m happy with another point, in comparison to this kind of game last season.
Sucks we conceded a crappy goal late. But we were very competitive throughout

We kept the ball better than last week but yes obviously were out possessed and didn’t create a whole lot. But we got stuck right in. O’Neil especially who for me was man of the match. I love him. I want to kiss the bloke. He controlled the first half for us and didn’t shy away from constantly staying involved. Any experienced centre mid doing that is going to misplace a pass here and there. This is a 19 year old without loads of first team experience and he did the aforementioned. So ofcourse a pass here and there will go astray. But he had Brattan in his pocket. I was half surprised oar was dropped but late pre season and all. Wee Mac from what I saw was non existent and Pain beside the assist was also mostly non existent.
Simon has had better days but stayed involved and got stuck in. Tommy H did his job. And we defended much better than last week which was a major highlight for me. Each of the back four were immense. Rowles was excellent from the start so good on him. RB is his for now.

2 draws is an okay start and consider how close to 3 points we’ve been in these 2 games without being great going forward, we can’t forget we’re starting with a new squad, MM is obviously getting defence right first and foremost and anything after that is a bonus until we starting clicking consistently going forward. That’s how arnie built our golden years and his Sydney team.

I’m happy.

Insertnamehere

In the end I’m happy with another point, in comparison to this kind of game last season.
Sucks we conceded a crappy goal late. But we were very competitive throughout

We kept the ball better than last week but yes obviously were out possessed and didn’t create a whole lot. But we got stuck right in. O’Neil especially who for me was man of the match. I love him. I want to kiss the bloke. He controlled the first half for us and didn’t shy away from constantly staying involved. Any experienced centre mid doing that is going to misplace a pass here and there. This is a 19 year old without loads of first team experience and he did the aforementioned. So ofcourse a pass here and there will go astray. But he had Brattan in his pocket. I was half surprised oar was dropped but late pre season and all. Wee Mac from what I saw was non existent and Pain beside the assist was also mostly non existent.
Simon has had better days but stayed involved and got stuck in. Tommy H did his job. And we defended much better than last week which was a major highlight for me. Each of the back four were immense. Rowles was excellent from the start so good on him. RB is his for now.

2 draws is an okay start and consider how close to 3 points we’ve been in these 2 games without being great going forward, we can’t forget we’re starting with a new squad, MM is obviously getting defence right first and foremost and anything after that is a bonus until we starting clicking consistently going forward. That’s how arnie built our golden years and his Sydney team.

I’m happy.
Probs overkill with O'Neill. However we had a few of their important blokes in our pocket.
Particularly de Laet was blowing up deluxe and looked a shadow of last wk.
Agree with the defence part. I reckon MM is getting the defensive structure shored up before hammering the attack. As it should be unless you have absolute class strikers and wingers.

Rocket

Big difference today compared to the last two seasons
1) Had we obtain a 1-1 previously we would have been happy to have scraped a point after being hammered all game
2) This year we got a 1-1 and we are disappointed as we have an expectation to win and would have deserved it
3) Twice we have now scored and led in the first half... first half goals were very rare previously
4) We are UNDEFEATED :piralaugh::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::thumbup:

scottmac

Suspended
Big difference today compared to the last two seasons
1) Had we obtain a 1-1 previously we would have been happy to have scraped a point after being hammered all game
2) This year we got a 1-1 and we are disappointed as we have an expectation to win and would have deserved it
3) Twice we have now scored and led in the first half... first half goals were very rare previously
4) We are UNDEFEATED :piralaugh::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::thumbup:
Agree. But. We lead the most games last year and then lost. That's not a great indicator. f**k that we were not happy. The players were not happy after the draw. Watch the replay and see what happens after full time. Guys were pissed. A massive change from last year.

Offsider

The only 2 concerns I have right now (and it’s amazing I only have 2 compared to our previous seasons!) are:
-Is our high effort defensive style fatiguing is late in the match leading to errors and goals?
-What happens to our mentality if we keep putting in great individual shifts but don’t start getting results? We started last year with lots of promise as well, but lack of results started a lack of belief in the system and each other.

Early days, but just something to keep an eye on.

Bloody proud of our efforts though, it’s like the style matches our quality and strengths as a team - who would have thought!!!

You are not alone with those fears .......... but most people I go to see their tips rated brisbane and city in their top four and ccm in their bottom three. I would say that the two draws are a bonus and a great result for team mulvey.

Joyce thought he was going to win the game in the last fifteen minutes with his socceroo replacements against out fatigued defense .......... didn’t happen.:thumbup:

Ozhammer

To get two points from our first two games whilst bedding in a very different team line up is most encouraging from where I sit.

I always knew that the guys would take 6-7 games to get even close to a cohesive unit, so any points we are able to pick between now and then are a bonus imo.

Let’s also remember that we have played two teams first up that will very likely be contending for silverware, so we need to respect the points earned and move on to the next game.

Speaking of which, Adelaide will be another tough game and we have to hope that the FFA Cup game they play on Tuesday takes a bit out of them to give us a bit of an advantage.

UnitedsNo9

Simon .......... is the best worst player in the league. Work rate and physicality damage supreme............ but not my cup of tea.:-|

Lots of work ethic and clearly tries 100% for the team. First touch and passing capability just not up to scratch unfortunately. First touch takes just enough sting out of the attack meaning his passing options become trickier, which meant several times yesterday turning the ball away, on one occasion in particular, lucky that fornaroli missed his target.

Michael

I feel like once we get the go forward sorted and more crosses from different areas, Simo will bag a few.
A massive frustration for me with Pain yesterday was when we didn’t clear but instead Clisby had time and space to carry out of defence Pain would slowly be jogging in the pocket not even looking to lose his marker or sprint wide for a feet pass or even drive forward to take the couple defenders away from Clisby to carry even further.
So basically killing an out ball for Clisby in what could’ve been decent counter attacks or even settling moments. Seeing it in person just makes it look even more like pure laziness.

Connor has to step up big time this year.
A goal and an assist from 2 games looks good on the stat sheet and Wikipedia page and foxsports will pump him up, but his general play hasn’t changed and he keeps fading out of matches extremely fast.

Offsider

Lots of work ethic and clearly tries 100% for the team. First touch and passing capability just not up to scratch unfortunately. First touch takes just enough sting out of the attack meaning his passing options become trickier, which meant several times yesterday turning the ball away, on one occasion in particular, lucky that fornaroli missed his target.

Yes ......... yes .......... and yes. :doh:

But ...........:-| ............ just watched the game again .......... voluntarily ( Unlike last season they reappeared every night as nightmares) and shock horror, although I watched it to pick out simon errors etc .......... low and behold I have to put him in contention for MOM. Not once did he get caught offside or threaten the sauce bottles with a shot at goal.

UN ...... F’EN ........BELIEVABLE.:cheers:

Offsider

Sadly we didn’t get to see Fornaroller doing his Neymar impersonation and Captain Coastie backhanding him saying “get up dickhead! Your not in Brazil”

It is more than apparent that the referees have had enough of the rollipolli faux fouls. Cissee took full advantage and you could sense the var wanting him to go for it. Cissee is a monster and I regret in an earlier post mentioning him in the same sentence as faty ......ugh !!! I’ve just done it again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred