• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 2018/19 v Melb City @ CCS

Timmah

Round 2
CCMFC v Melbourne City
Saturday 27 October 2018
Kickoff 5:35pm
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Referee: Stephen Lucas
Assistant Referee 1: Lance Greenshields
Assistant Referee 2: James Cleal
Fourth Official: Stephen Laurie
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 5.30pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers

Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (Coast FM).ABC News on Radio, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Listen App – A-League Live.

j0_111396_0.png
j0_112224_0.png

Central Coast Mariners Squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (Gk), 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 10.Tommy OAR, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (Gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Josh MACDONALD, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON, 20.Kalifa CISSE, 22.Jacob MELLING, 25.Jordan MURRAY, 44.Ross McCORMACK

Ins: 16.Josh MACDONALD (promoted), 18.Matt MILLAR (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (ACL), 7.Andrew HOOLE (foot injury), Corey GAMEIRO (hamstring)

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (Gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (C), 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (Gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 39.Anthony LESIOTIS, 51.Idris ABDULAHI
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 3.Scott JAMIESON (returns from injury), 10.Dario VIDOSIC (returns from illness)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (calf), 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring), 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON (international duty), 36.Dylan PIERIAS (international duty), 42.James DELIANOV (international duty), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (international duty), 38.Joshua CAVALLO (international duty), 30.Moudi NAJJAR (international duty), 34.Connor METCALFE (international duty)

----

City were a bit of a surprise victor for mine on Saturday night, was expecting Victory to beat them (VAR not withstanding). We'll be better for having had a proper game under our belts. Depending on who we play and if there are any squad changes I think we can snag another draw out of this one.

Last edited:

Michael

Imo, we’ll line up pretty much the same with only wee Mac being replaced by O’Neil (wee Mac just purely didn’t suit that role) and maybe Rowles who doesn’t suit RB but he did improve through the match and must be training the house down for MM to find a spot in the XI for him.
Pain will need a big week on the paddock despite his goal, he went missing a fair bit.

Just want us to keep the ball better, we have the players for it. Ross needs to work a bit harder off the ball and be more involved than yesterday.

Antlion

I'd keep the same starting line up but replace Pain with Weemac and O'Neill into DM.

I am a fan of Pain but think Weemac is the more capable and rounded player. He doesn't suit DM but can do a job there, and excels on the wing.

Timmah

I'd keep the same starting line up but replace Pain with Weemac and O'Neill into DM.

I am a fan of Pain but think Weemac is the more capable and rounded player. He doesn't suit DM but can do a job there, and excels on the wing.
Additionally, I think Pain would be a handy sub late on. His best value yesterday was in the first half hour - short sharp bursts of form seem to be his thing. Bring him on after 60 min to exploit tired defences.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Yep, start Wee Mac with Painy as his full of beans sub and start AO next to Tommy and Macca and Oar revved up after a proper game and we may very well give Manchester City Colonial Version a scare

Offsider

Not sharing everybody’s positivity for this one.
Their overall depth of talent playing in their right positions will make life difficult for our out of position squad members. Once again a packed defense will bring the odds back considerably with another good showing by our defense a given.
I will be happy if we just make city win ugly ........... or late............ or even not :cheers:.

Antlion

True - odds are city should do us in.

But once this team gels (admittedly it will be several more weeks yet I reckon) I think we'll be a chance of beating any team on our day. It's nice to have actual hope again, even against the odds

greenlig

I was very happy with the game V bris, considering the dross we've had for a few seasons. I expect us to do more of the same until it clicks going forwards.

true believer

Round 2
CCMFC v Melbourne City
Saturday 27 October 2018
Kickoff 5:35pm
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

j0_111396_0.png
j0_112224_0.png

City were a bit of a surprise victor for mine on Saturday night, was expecting Victory to beat them (VAR not withstanding). We'll be better for having had a proper game under our belts. Depending on who we play and if there are any squad changes I think we can snag another draw out of this one.
A draw ! Yeah i hope MC are coming to a street fight

Michael

De Laet v Clisby will be a very good battle. Clisby is a hard nut and has good positioning and can time a very good tackle, might not be as fast as De Laet though, Tommy Oar did track back to help on occasion too, so I feel like we can cover that threat (city’s biggest I thought which says abit)
Fornaroli is fornaroli, he’ll have impact.
Their CM area is good but we can compete this season.
We need more involvement from Ross and better and smarter possession and win the fight.

style_cafe

Fall over Fornarolli is always a danger but with the VAR he`ll eventually get caught out.
City have a number of players coming back into their side which,hopefully,will disrupt them a little.
It`ll be a tough battle and unfortunately I won`t be able to make it (nephews wedding go fugure) but I`ll work out a way to tune in.
So fire up !!! and lets bring some joy to the coast & JP :overheadl::shoutclap::shoutclap::shoutclap::shoutclap::overheadl:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

You know what? City are one team we tend to lift against. They usually beat us, yes, but we usually play some of our best football against them. They don't dominate us - they usually JUST beat us. Playing the way we often do against city makes me feel like we can take anybody on (then, historically, the game after reminds me that we couldn't take on the Barnestoneworth United O35Cs.....)

Wombat

You know what? City are one team we tend to lift against. They usually beat us, yes, but we usually play some of our best football against them. They don't dominate us - they usually JUST beat us. Playing the way we often do against city makes me feel like we can take anybody on (then, historically, the game after reminds me that we couldn't take on the Barnestoneworth United O35Cs.....)

Haha. Overated Terrigal Trotters!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred