• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 2018/19 v Melb City @ CCS

Insertnamehere

To get two points from our first two games whilst bedding in a very different team line up is most encouraging from where I sit.

I always knew that the guys would take 6-7 games to get even close to a cohesive unit, so any points we are able to pick between now and then are a bonus imo.

Let’s also remember that we have played two teams first up that will very likely be contending for silverware, so we need to respect the points earned and move on to the next game.

Speaking of which, Adelaide will be another tough game and we have to hope that the FFA Cup game they play on Tuesday takes a bit out of them to give us a bit of an advantage.
Fortunately Adelaide playing similarly to us. Probably luck to have 2pts.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It is more than apparent that the referees have had enough of the rollipolli faux fouls. Cissee took full advantage and you could sense the var wanting him to go for it. Cissee is a monster and I regret in an earlier post mentioning him in the same sentence as faty ......ugh !!! I’ve just done it again.
If we didn't have the controversy last week in MV-MCY, I wonder if the VAR/ref would have given this one to Fall'n'rollin? Who knows.

I'm still stunned that we've had 3 VAR reviews that have come back in our favour so far!!

Sad I didn't get to watch the game. Draws are frustrating - we've had soooo many draws - but given that everyone would tip MCY to be much higher than us on the ladder, and that their goal just just a lucky pinball one...well, frustrating, but still a good result.

Sounds like our attack gelling is the biggest issue at the moment. I wonder what Plan B is if this attack structure doesn't work out?

MagpieMariner

Big difference today compared to the last two seasons
1) Had we obtain a 1-1 previously we would have been happy to have scraped a point after being hammered all game
2) This year we got a 1-1 and we are disappointed as we have an expectation to win and would have deserved it
3) Twice we have now scored and led in the first half... first half goals were very rare previously
4) We are UNDEFEATED :piralaugh::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::thumbup:
5) We have not been headed this season. :piralaugh:

MagpieMariner

One thing I did like tonight was that we kicked shit out of them and they got the cards.

It is the start of a new era.

Shame there were not more there. Those that weren't missed out.
The shit we dished up last year cost us bums on seats this time. If this new look (or if you like, the resurrection of the old look) Mariners continues, our crowds will increase.

MagpieMariner

It is more than apparent that the referees have had enough of the rollipolli faux fouls. Cissee took full advantage and you could sense the var wanting him to go for it. Cissee is a monster and I regret in an earlier post mentioning him in the same sentence as faty ......ugh !!! I’ve just done it again.
You're forgiven this time -- comparing him very, very favourably this time.

MagpieMariner

I'm eagerly waiting for the refs to start issuing cards for diving. Oh, silly me, they'll only do that to us, and our guys don't cheat.

true believer

Must say after watching his performance tonight, for mine the only improvement I see is his haircut. How he can start and keep Vidosic on the bench has got me beat.
Vidosic is always banged up .i think if you start him you'd be worried he's only got just 60 minutes.
if something goes to shit your playing with a broken wing

scottmac

Suspended
If we didn't have the controversy last week in MV-MCY, I wonder if the VAR/ref would have given this one to Fall'n'rollin? Who knows.

I'm still stunned that we've had 3 VAR reviews that have come back in our favour so far!!

Sad I didn't get to watch the game. Draws are frustrating - we've had soooo many draws - but given that everyone would tip MCY to be much higher than us on the ladder, and that their goal just just a lucky pinball one...well, frustrating, but still a good result.

Sounds like our attack gelling is the biggest issue at the moment. I wonder what Plan B is if this attack structure doesn't work out?
I don't think its a case of gelling in attack. It's the midfield being able to control the ball and move. Once Oniell Mcglinch and Tommy click we will be a great side that is super f**king hard to beat.

Ancient Mariner

Watching the replay there were couple of things I noticed.

We are really only playing with one fullback in the attacking sense. Rowles does not get forward much at all and is playing most of the game as a wide centre back. And while Clisby gets forward neither fullbacks worked overlapping runs with the wingers.

This along with a yet to be developed better understanding with our forwards is limiting our attack. However if you are going to build a team you must build it from the back. This is one of Arnie's great strengths as a manager and appears to be MM's philosophy. I am happy with this and prepared to be patient.

Another improvement over last week was while we allowed City a lot of possession we did not let them do much with it. Our defence in midfield was much improved with Wee Mac being more comfortable and working his but off on the wing and O'Neil showing a massive amount of talent for one so young in a position that requires experience. I look forward to more of him and to him and Tommy H. working together. I like Cisse giving him advice on what looked like body position just before half time. Good to see the old heads lending their experience.

At the game I thought Cisse was pushing his luck against Fornarolli with his close marking and that after last week the refs were down on Fornarolli. However on closer examination in just about all of their coming togethers Fornarolli was in the wrong massively backing into Cisse and got away with what should have been a lot of free kicks to us. However the ref was prepared to let play run and I thought he had an excellent game.

Our high pressing was good and will cause many inferior teams massive problems. Our close marking was tough but fair which is why we did not give away too many free kicks. Obviously a lot more sense is being shown in this regard than previously.

We have a long way to go before being considered contenders but the start we have shown is solid and holds out greater promise than the many previous false dawns we have seen.

This is a Mariners team in the making.

Josho Howe

I enjoyed seeing us making that extra effort and that came from Matty. His commitment and desire to get to the ball when he was second favourite was something we've lacked for years. O'Neill is sheer class, what an outstanding signing. Him and Tommy H pivot will get virtually zero plaudits from Fox people or journos coz it's us but that partnership could prove to be one of, if not the, best in the league.

Timmah

Didn't get to catch a lot of the game last night but I did tune in to see the Cisse-Fornaroli incident and I cannot believe the opinion of some (outside CCM that is) trying to suggest Fall-and-rolli should've got the penalty.

He's clearly pushing back into Cisse and grabbing at his shorts. It's so obvious on the close angle and the referee saw it. Fair call.

Just hope he doesn't have a concussion after the ball smacked him in the head a second later :santa:

Offsider

Didn't get to catch a lot of the game last night but I did tune in to see the Cisse-Fornaroli incident and I cannot believe the opinion of some (outside CCM that is) trying to suggest Fall-and-rolli should've got the penalty.

He's clearly pushing back into Cisse and grabbing at his shorts. It's so obvious on the close angle and the referee saw it. Fair call.

Just hope he doesn't have a concussion after the ball smacked him in the head a second later :santa:

I thought the initial contact was outside the box and continued into the box ........... only free outside the box ???

MagpieMariner

Vidosic is always banged up .i think if you start him you'd be worried he's only got just 60 minutes.
if something goes to shit your playing with a broken wing
True, but coming off the bench against a tiring defence might work. Although Vid coming off the bench against a tiring defence did the trick yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred