• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 2018/19 v Melb City @ CCS

nebakke

Lucky with that no -pen call with Fallingoverrolli. Right call, there was an arm on him but no weight, cheating scum did the same thing he did last week. Thank god for last week, probably influenced the VAR. And he was holding Cisse as well.

Well piss off then. Sorry we're not winning enough for your liking.

He also had a handful of shorts, should've been a free for us.

Rowles was bloody immense.. Actually the defence looked decent for mine but Rowles was awesome for mine.

nebakke

I'm a little concerned about McCormack - felt like he only made move if he felt like he'd get the glory. Matty had so many balls played in where he should have been.

scottmac

Suspended
if you love getting 1 point from multiple 3 pt opportunities enjoy. we lucky again to get away with a point when it should have been three
Disagreed with your first but you've hit the nail on the head here. We closed off after scoring. That's what winning only 10 from 120 games does to you.
For all the midfield class we thought we had today showed that its our weakest point. That may be to do with the game plan or the players mentality.

Offsider

I'm a little concerned about McCormack - felt like he only made move if he felt like he'd get the glory. Matty had so many balls played in where he should have been.

Simon .......... is the best worst player in the league. Work rate and physicality damage supreme............ but not my cup of tea.:-|

Offsider

Disagreed with your first but you've hit the nail on the head here. We closed off after scoring. That's what winning only 10 from 120 games does to you.
For all the midfield class we thought we had today showed that its our weakest point. That may be to do with the game plan or the players mentality.

OR ............. pressure from a very competant opponent that compensated our strong point. It’s called tactics.:popcorn:

nebakke

Simon .......... is the best worst player in the league. Work rate and physicality damage supreme............ but not my cup of tea.:-|

I think he's been decent these two games actually. He cops a lot and often for good reason, but I thought there was a similar problem last week. Matty managing to get and hold the ball, playing it to where you would reasonably expect the other forward to be, only to find an empty space and Ross 10m away.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying bench him or anything, I'm not that silly, just that I hope it's just about them gelling still.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Talk about pinned in your own half...we must of spent 38 of the 45 mins in the second half inside our final third...not a good look....BUT a point is a point
MOM ...Kye (again)

Offsider

Talk about pinned in your own half...we must of spent 38 of the 45 mins in the second half inside our final third...not a good look....BUT a point is a point
MOM ...Kye (again)

If you don’t win ........... then not losing is next best.:)

I thought Cissee was very good .............. Rowles ??? Yes ............ Tom H ........... O’Neil and Kennedy all earned mom points for me.......... not forgetting Clisby and Pain ........... and Golec. Simon did his work and I was immense ........ out of my chair numerous times ........ even kicked the unicorn when they scored the equaliser ......... bugger:doh:

Wombat

If you don’t win ........... then not losing is next best.:)

I thought Cissee was very good .............. Rowles ??? Yes ............ Tom H ........... O’Neil and Kennedy all earned mom points for me.......... not forgetting Clisby and Pain ........... and Golec. Simon did his work and I was immense ........ out of my chair numerous times ........ even kicked the unicorn when they scored the equaliser ......... bugger:doh:

Why weren't you at the game?

We definately need someone to lead the active support!

LFCMariners

Mulvey wants to set a new HAL record- be the first coach to draw every game of the regular season, draw every game of the finals and then win the GF on penalties.

Ancient Mariner

An improvement on last week.
Another game that we would have lost last year.
Glinch great on the wing.
Back 4 looked good again. Rowles is not a great fullback but is a great defender.
Looking forward to seeing more of O'Neil.
Looking forward to seeing more of Ross and Oar when they get a bit more time and understanding.
I will comment more after seeing the replay.

'You have to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the tim......"

BaysideMariner

Just home from the game and I agree with most sentiments here. Simon was immense. He won every header. It was great to see the players work so hard. We did seem to lose energy from the end of the first half and for at least 20 minutes in the second half. After the game that clueless muppet Kisnorbo just kept argueing with the ref.
My top 3 would be Simon, Cisse, Rowles. It could have been many more. As this team gels they will get better.

Coastalraider

The only 2 concerns I have right now (and it’s amazing I only have 2 compared to our previous seasons!) are:
-Is our high effort defensive style fatiguing is late in the match leading to errors and goals?
-What happens to our mentality if we keep putting in great individual shifts but don’t start getting results? We started last year with lots of promise as well, but lack of results started a lack of belief in the system and each other.

Early days, but just something to keep an eye on.

Bloody proud of our efforts though, it’s like the style matches our quality and strengths as a team - who would have thought!!!

nero

Cisse is my player of the season so far. He just seems to be in the right spot in most situations. I am very confident in the defence with him and Golec and the current full backs.
Its a shame that city had 40 minutes of complete ball to try to earn a goal in the second half. What can defenders do against that if our attack completely stops playing?
Simon is a fantastic unconventional player upfront. I am happy for him to win headers and harass defenders while Macca scores the goals.

scottmac

Suspended
The only 2 concerns I have right now (and it’s amazing I only have 2 compared to our previous seasons!) are:
-Is our high effort defensive style fatiguing is late in the match leading to errors and goals?
-What happens to our mentality if we keep putting in great individual shifts but don’t start getting results? We started last year with lots of promise as well, but lack of results started a lack of belief in the system and each other.

Early days, but just something to keep an eye on.

Bloody proud of our efforts though, it’s like the style matches our quality and strengths as a team - who would have thought!!!
Started with promise? Do you remember the first game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred