• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 19 - CCM v WSW at Gosford

JoyfulPenguin

Skapetis wanted to make that difference too.
Hoole....is he off contract this season?
I wonder what the talk in the boardroom is about Okon's future.
I couldn't even begin to imagine where you start training the recovery from that mess.
I'm glad I expected nothing going into this game.
He is contracted till the end of next season "Hoole will bolster Okon’s attacking options until at least the end of the Hyundai A-League 2018/19 season."
Masterfood Quality sauce:
https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/central-coast-mariners-sign-andrew-hoole

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Right ...note to Okon
NEVER play Hoole again, his so close to a drop kick it ain’t funny
Lachie is off the bench from now on
Melling has some potential
Skeps over Blakey
Sell Roux
Sell Junior
Work on Berry , he may come good
Never make Tom captain again, he gets rendered almost ineffective when he gets the armband

Of course I could be wrong

Holy

I didn`t even last 75mins.
For the first time in over 50 years I left a game of football with 25 mins to go.
We were poor in defence ,diabolical in attack & lacking in the midfield.
There was no plan "B" at all.
I`m sure even Sydney FC has a plan "B" for their new coach (after Arnold goes),surely Paulo won`t get the gig after that performance.

Our season is now officially over,except the fight to avoid the wooden spoon again.
I have to admit ,I`m just totally disillusioned with football,I need a fortnight off...:popcorn:
You weren't alone, a family of 4 rusted on fans that sit in front of me left at about the 60 minute mark and 3 behind me at 75.

Wombat

Wow.
That was appalling again.
Defence was comical but a very dark comedy:mad:
DDS had a go but needs to spend hours each day on his shooting.
Skepitas looks the goods.
Baro was sorely missed.
Good to have a beer with Ancient Mariner.

Kennedy. some good saves
McGing. Very average. Ball watches oblivious to where the opposing players are.
Golec. Some good tackles but short passes were terrible. Failed to pick up again.
Rose. Poor. Paul should have started Posco.
Roux. The invisible Kiwi was at it again. Probably the WORST fullback in the HAL when it comes to actually defending.

Wales. Very poor tonight. Should have been hooked at half time.
Tom. Good. Intelligent distribution.
Melling. Good. Great cross for the goal.
Hoole. Poor. Headless chook at times.
DDS. OK. Had a dig. No options available to him as we no longer work off the ball at all.

Powell. Poor. Not starting 11. Needs to make way for Skepatis.

TBT. Unconvincing but better than Lachie and at least has the confidence to drive towards goal.

A fail by Paulo tonight im afraid to say but i am not in the Okon out camp.

Insertnamehere

Wow.
Baro was sorely missed.

Kennedy. some good saves
Golec. Some good tackles but short passes were terrible. Failed to pick up again.
Roux. The invisible Kiwi was at it again. Probably the WORST fullback in the HAL when it comes to actually defending.

DDS. OK. Had a dig. No options available to him as we no longer work off the ball at all.

TBT. Unconvincing but better than Lachie and at least has the confidence to drive towards goal.

Formation was wrong. Guys out of position. Terrible first half. Too narrow the whole game.
Let's start up front.
DDS playing a s a false 9 ain't gonna work. Needs to be in midfield. Needs to be distributing. Works sooooo bloody hard though.
Hoole needs to sort his sh*t out. Too many times he gave up the ball or dribbled into a wall. One touch then pass. Stick to that kid. Defs don't play him as an inside forward.
Powell played well I reckon. Best I've seen him play.
Lachie Wales out of position in wide midfield. He's a winger. Play him as such. Needs to push onto the defenders shoulder. And challenge the man when he has the ball not dish it off.
Tommy H and Melling. Good in midfield. Tommy H needs to drop into space at CB when the WB has pushed up the field.
Roux and mcging..... No crossing ability. Not wing backs. Caught upfield alot.
Rose and roux ball watching for 2nd goal.
Golec strong. Took a while to command rose.
Rose underdone.
Second half was good. But standard issues exist and can't win.

bikinigirl

DVKVkRTUQAAvjMC.jpg:large

Hoole Wales Powell across the front by the looks.

Certainly puts the Hoole rumours to rest I'd say. And Rose for that matter.

. i don't think it has done anything of the sort ... we are bare bones at the moment (with departures, injuries and suspensions)
. the bench has about 15 minutes* between them in mariners colours this season so what were the options (although i'd have preferred to see trent and skapetis start)

* deliberate under-estimation to illustrate a point without doing the research

bikinigirl

Kennedy should have had that one...

. that was my first reaction (and maybe he could have got his weight distribution better) ... but he had the whole goal mouth to defend against a bloke who could pick his spot completely unchallenged

. maybe he could have done better ... but it was not his fault

Last edited:

Big Al

Wow.
Baro was sorely missed.

Kennedy. some good saves

Roux was actually really good in the second half. Was on Ikonomidis every time and pushed forward well. Hard to believe i know but it happened in front of me. Helped that we started to control the game.

DDS isn’t Socceroos material. A lot to work on. Especially physically.

Melling was good in 2nd half but chasing shadows in the 1st.

Liam is not going to be a professional footballer for long.

Missed Baro big time

Skapetis was good and Powell looked slow.

Wales is not up to scratch. 20mins each week to develop nothing more.

Hoole. Oh my so bad.

TBT still can’t dribble and should of scored at the end or at least made the keeper save

Last edited:

Wombat

. i don't think it has done anything of the sort ... we are bare bones at the moment (with departures, injuries and suspensions)
. the bench has about 15 minutes* between them in mariners colours this season so what were the options (although i'd have preferred to see trent and skapetis start)

Football nut

Wales has shown some tremendous glimpses of talent and that's all you can really ask from a young player, especially one who hasn't had a season or two of senior squad training behind him.
Wales has been involved in the last 3 preseasons and has trained full time for over 12 months with the senior squad plus stints prior to that. He has been given a chance and has shown he is not up to it. He is turning 21 this year there are many others of his age or younger that have been able to step up to aleague there are players at CCM of the same age DDS, Rose, Berry, Rowles, Trent, Glover and Pearce. I am sick of hearing excuses and people whinge we do not have a strong squad put are happy to praise consistent sub standard displays.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred