• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 - CCM v City @ Gosford

TedShot

I still feel we can make the 6 also. After Sydney we have a string of games that I believe we can win. Brisbane, Western Sydney, Adelaide, Wellington, Perth.

Honestly that’s a great opportunity to get our shit together and get multiple wins in a row.

Wombat

Yip, I'm feeling pretty negative. Hard to watch us fail to close ou a side reduced to ten and not just twice let our lead slip. but ultimately be outplayed by them. And yes...

Adsrubal - sorry, but it's over, he's a dud. His heart/effort is in the right place, but that's not enough. POOR GAME.
Rose - sad to have come to this after so much initial promise, he was worse than a waste of a sub - from the point he and Bingham came on and Tommy and Kubi went off City dominated the midfield, we were unable to spend any real time in their half (which is galling) and worse we were he ones who got pushed deeper and deeper, as they controlled the rest of the game. This was Liam's chance to step up and show he's been hard done by, it was utterly wasted. Would have been better off bringing on Kekeris for Powell as he was beyond cooked and was destroying our attacking play by the last 20. BYE BYE. HORRIBLE EFFORT AND APPLICATION.
Bingham - does not look HAL standard. Did not hold the ball up for us when we needed so e field position and to get some control back, could not break, poor passing... TBF he was never really a winger, but he looks like he's gone backwards if anything. NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED THIS YEAR
Rowles - looks the goods. Should start in front of Storm at LB. SHOULD HAVE OVERLAPPED BETTER
Kubi... ahhh shit... I mean he does a lot right but if you cant play the final ball or shoot... there's just no point. NOT THE WORST
Tom - we're absolutely lost without him. QUALITY
Melling - few mistakes but a lot of good work and has true grit. I like him. Much better cover at DM than Rose. QUITE GOOD. NEEDS TO CLOSE DOWN MORE QUICKLY IN AND AROUND THE BOX
Kennedy - Baro - very good solid games. BOTH EXCELLENT
Storm - well tbh thought he was doing "ok" until Fitzy came on and then it looked they were going to score whenever they ran at him. POOR
Powell - tried hard, nearly had the goal before McGing headed it in. But A) He's still not a ten, and B) He will never be consistent 10 goal + HAL quality striker. He's just a squaddie at best. AGREE
McGing - Guilty for first goal, but got one back and I thought had a some other decent moments. I still think he's doing really well and hope he continues to grow. MIXED BAG
Golec - my CCM MOM. Some great intercepts, defended well, and even had a quality air swing :thumbup:... really tried to lead by example at the end. Was tragic to see him run 70 odd metres and do what NO OTHER MARINER was doing only to then see it scuppered by Powell too tired to stay onside. SOME EXCELLENT MOMENTS BUT STILL BALL WATCHES SOMETIMES
Wales - fantastic set pieces, in every other regard sadly it was not a very good game from him. Occasion may have gotten to him. Looked much more assured in his other appearances.
. GREAT STARTING DEBUT. SOME OF HIS CROSSES WERE TERRIBLE. I WAS PLEASED WITH HIM OVERALL.

Last edited:

LFCMariners

We won't beat the Roar. We'll either sink to their level and play the ugliest draw you've seen, or they'll arse a deflected goal in the 94th minute of injury time.

scottmac

Suspended
I still feel we can make the 6 also. After Sydney we have a string of games that I believe we can win. Brisbane, Western Sydney, Adelaide, Wellington, Perth.

Honestly that’s a great opportunity to get our shit together and get multiple wins in a row.
The only win I could see there is Perth. We will not make the 6. No chance.

Football nut

Not sure about the excuses of being baked, unless I am missing something isn't there another 9 teams in the comp in the same situation with the amount of games? Maybe our fitness is not up to scratch if the other teams are coping.

Big Al

Not sure about the excuses of being baked, unless I am missing something isn't there another 9 teams in the comp in the same situation with the amount of games? Maybe our fitness is not up to scratch if the other teams are coping.
It’s more who was baked. Players who just haven’t had game time.

McGing Baro Golec Roux were fine and Appaih was an unlucky sub as everybody got hurt or tired after.
As i said previously the minutes played by Melling and the front four over the last month is low and Wales has never played at this standard. Starting is a whole another level

Powell and Asdrubal have been swapping 70/20 mins since Christmas with Powell playing all 90 on Tuesday at the Jets.
AU, Nix, MV and Jets

Last edited:

Wombat

The only win I could see there is Perth. We will not make the 6. No chance.

We just dominated the 2nd and 3rd best teams in Australia until our inate dumbness took over and we turned 6 points into 1.

We can beat anyone but we struggle to beat ourselfs.

Ozhammer

Wales has been poor. He very uncomfortable on the left.

He looks cooked. Maybe mentally tired. Might have played the game in his head before it actually started. Would of been exciting but he’s really struggling
It doesn’t help that Okon is starting him on the left, he should have played Appiah on the left and Wales on the right to get the most out of him, rather than see him struggle on the left. He was tired at the end of the first half which doesn’t say much for our younger players’ conditioning.

Big Al

It doesn’t help that Okon is starting him on the left, he should have played Appiah on the left and Wales on the right to get the most out of him, rather than see him struggle on the left. He was tired at the end of the first half which doesn’t say much for our younger players’ conditioning.
Just shows the massive gap between youth and 1st team. You just can’t replicate that intensity and pace of the game in training

Forum Phoenix

To be fair to Liam there was no one available to pass to. They were just to tired. Especially Powell who is supposed to be the link and the wingers where Roux who was deeper than Rose and Bingham who basically couldn’t be F@@ked and Asdrubal was going nowhere. There where just no options for anyone at the back to give the ball to

I agree with that. But he could have pressed and tackled like a demon and made forward runs himself like Golec. Looked fine not to take responsibility again to me.

Last edited:

style_cafe

I hate to sound negative but forget making the 6 we have to concentrate now on staying above Roar & Nix.
The display today just simply wasn`t good enough.
In the first half we had the wind at our backs and had them down to 10 men after 27mins.
We just dominated the 2nd and 3rd best teams in Australia until our inate dumbness took over and we turned 6 points into 1.

We definitely don`t struggle to beat ourselves. :popcorn:

The continuance of the negative football ends up killing us.
Don`t get me wrong,I understand possession football & the need to pass back, but FMD how many times do we kill the attack ourselves when a simple ball forward is on?
Why the hell didn`t we have a shot from 40-50m when Bousanis was on the edge of his box & we had 40KMH wind at our back?
Whats wrong with playing into the space behind the defenders?
It`s all pretty to watch but it`s pretty ineffective when you look at our position on the table.
Seriously 3 wins in 16 games is nothing to get excited about.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Just shows the massive gap between youth and 1st team. You just can’t replicate that intensity and pace of the game in training
Adelaide debuted 3 youth players tonight in full starts and drew with Sydney. Not sure what you say there is entirely true

scottmac

Suspended

You do realise you don't beat anyone if your strikers dont score regularly. Our goals came from sloppy play today. More arse than class and from 2 defenders to boot.
We need a new front 3 ASAP and its not going to happen. Therefore we won't be in the 6.
As for dominating today im not sure what game you were watching. 1st half ok but we were bossed by 10 men.

bikinigirl

It doesn’t help that Okon is starting him on the left, he should have played Appiah on the left and Wales on the right to get the most out of him, rather than see him struggle on the left.

. yeah a lot of people talking about Lachie's poor crossing ... using his non-preferred foot in an unfamiliar role at a higher level than he is accustomed

. if the two had have been swapped maybe his crossing would have been getting the same praise as his set pieces - swinging the ball in with his preferred foot

. and you never know, with Appiah cutting in from the left he may have been able to shoot on target too

Forum Phoenix

. GREAT STARTING DEBUT. SOME OF HIS CROSSES WERE TERRIBLE. WAS PLEASED WITH HIM

Mmm watch a replay and I’m pretty sure you’ll see his crosses were mostly all poor. Set pieces were outstanding though - needs to play right side?

EDIT* wrote this a couple pages back so hadn’t heard the confirmation he is right footed. I though he might be ambidextrous. That explains it. He looked right footed. Plant foot was all wrong a few times. For someone who hits dead balls so well with his right..,

Shit, big mistake to play him left then, probably has the best cross in our side on his side.

Playing kubi left makes no difference to his end product, Hell, might even improve it. Certainly Couldn’t get any worse.

Last edited:

Wombat

Pretty sure I said they were terrible...not mostly poor.

Maybe my poor sentence construction threw you. Sorry about that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred