• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 - CCM v City @ Gosford

Forum Phoenix

Trent I’m going to go out in a limb and say as imperfect as he is. If he’d started every game up top, I think he’d probably be on 7 odd goals now. I think we have players in tom wout and dds who can hit the right ball.
And think he’d finish his share of 1v1s.

Adsrubal just gets run down or butchers and kubi doesn’t get run down but cannot shoot.

I don’t see ANYTHING to lose. Whereas as a right mid he lacks the touch and is behind others - so really can’t see it helping his development and I DONT want him as a right mid. I’ll suited imho. He’s a striker or nothing for mine.

Gratis

I like what I've seen of Rowles generally but this game he got repeatedly skinned in defence when he came on (but also did well a few times too). And when he went forward he didn't have either the timing or vision to get onto balls, put the right pass on, or go forward with any oomf (in the way Golec did a few times). A long way from the finished product but on a good day I'm perfectly happy to have him on the park.

Go back to the top and change Rowles name to LRose and reread - applies perfectly to him too

true believer

I like what I've seen of Rowles generally but this game he got repeatedly skinned in defence when he came on (but also did well a few times too). And when he went forward he didn't have either the timing or vision to get onto balls, put the right pass on, or go forward with any oomf (in the way Golec did a few times). A long way from the finished product but on a good day I'm perfectly happy to have him on the park.

Go back to the top and change Rowles name to LRose and reread - applies perfectly to him too
He got skinned by fitzy i believe .
Thats a pretty steep learning curve .

Wombat

Fitzy has had a very good season so far. He is still frustrating as hell sometimes but has improved a lot, so much so, that he is close to being starting 11.
What happened to Caceras?

Pirate Pete

Fitzy has had a very good season so far. He is still frustrating as hell sometimes but has improved a lot, so much so, that he is close to being starting 11.
What happened to Caceras?
Caceres left Melbourne and moved on loan to Al-Wasl in July 2017, including an option for the UAE Arabian Gulf League side to purchase Caceres outright from Manchester City.[9]
11 appearances, I goal.

Fitzy and whoever Melbourne had playing on that side were skinning Storm all second half. Rowles did a bit better than Storm when he came on.
Still got beaten a couple of times though.

Big Al

Rowles is also a LB novice as he is a CB.

Give him time but links really well with Pain in attack puts some great balls through.

Just needs to learn the defensive side if being a LB

Ozhammer

Huh? Appiah is a right wing as well - no sure what swapping them was going to do... Someone had to play over there, so probably made sense not to break up two FB/W partnerships, over taking only one apart.
Kabsy’s ‘greater’ level of experience at HAL level should have helped him deal with being played out of position better than Wales. The lad had to deal with that on top of getting acclimatised to the intensity too. For mine swapping them over would have been the smarter option.

nebakke

Kabsy’s ‘greater’ level of experience at HAL level should have helped him deal with being played out of position better than Wales. The lad had to deal with that on top of getting acclimatised to the intensity too. For mine swapping them over would have been the smarter option.

His experience might help but, Lachie may have a slightly better left-foot, or perhaps has played there in the past, who knows?
Look at Fabs last year, he might as well not have had a left foot. It was an atrocity to watch whenever he was played on the left side - and his got more experience at just about every level, than almost anyone else in the team.
And that doesn't even start in on what the wind was doing to everyone's crosses.

Big Al

Wales also tried one or two left footed crosses. They were horrible but he tried. I liked that. It was the sort of thing a coach cannsay to a young kid. You had a taste you have work to do but you can make it. Also your set pieces were excellent but it won’t be enough to earn you a spot.

Go back to training work on your fitness your defence and your left foot.

Hoole Fab last year and Appiah just pretend they don’t have a left foot. They will never be more average players at A League level because they don’t have that weapon at all under pressure or not

I think Appiah should of been in his preferred position. He is the more senior player and out offensive weapon. Wales was just a step off the pace of his team mates when they put through some early balls for him.

Wales does deserve some more bench time when everyone comes back

Coastalraider

Agree with all that Big Al, but what happens this week? Pain out for a few weeks, Hoole to return - do we shift Appiah this week or leave Wales on the left??

JoyfulPenguin

Agree with all that Big Al, but what happens this week? Pain out for a few weeks, Hoole to return - do we shift Appiah this week or leave Wales on the left??
Personally would keep Wales there, if he isn't cooked of course, and then have Appiah on the bench with Kekeris as impact subs. I would say Paolo will move Appiah to left wing though.

Woollybutt

For me it'd be Asrubal to the bench, Powell up front, Hoole in at ten, Wales left, Appiah right. It's not ideal, and I don't particularly like Hoole at ten, but I don't see many other options.

Big Al

Leave but Kekeris needs to be the sub if we don’t have any injuries other issues that don’t allow us to sub as we wish.

My line up is as per Woollybutt.

No other options and I don’t see Kekeris starting.

nebakke

Any chance Kekeris has a left foot? Probably don't wanna start him, but I'm wondering whether he might at least be worth having on for the last bit of the game, if he does. Work extra-well as an impact-sub if we went from having nothing on the left, to suddenly being able to cross ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred