• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 - CCM v City @ Gosford

Timmah

Hyundai A-League 2017/18 | Round 16
Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne City

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
Sunday 14 January 2018, kickoff 5:00pm

TV: Fox Sports 501
Radio: Coast FM 96.3 & ABC Grandstand

Match Officials
Referee: Adam Kersey
Assistants: Lance Greenshields & Matthew McOrist
4O: Kurt Ams; VAR: Strebre

fiJmFhZ.png

CCM: 1.Ben KENNEDY (Gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 8.Blake POWELL, 9.ASDRUBAL, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 20.Adam PEARCE (Gk), 21.Kye ROWLES, 22.Jacob MELLING, 24.Lachlan WALES, 25.Peter KEKERIS, 26.Jack KUIPERS
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 14.Adam BERRY (promoted), 16.Liam ROSE (promoted), 17.Josh BINGHAM (promoted), 21.Kye ROWLES (promoted), 25.Peter KEKERIS (promoted), 26.Jack KUIPERS (promoted)
Outs: 3.Josh ROSE (suspended – 1 week), 7.Andrew HOOLE (suspended – 1 week), 11.Connor PAIN (hamstring – indefinite), 23.Wout BRAMA (hamstring – 1 week)
Unavailable: 10.Daniel De SILVA (international duty), 18.Tom GLOVER (Gk) (international duty), 12.Trent BUHAGIAR (international duty)

bTi7yS1.png

MCY: 1.Dean Bouzanis, 2.Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 4.Harrison Delbridge, 5. Bart Schenkeveld, 6.Osama Malik, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 10.Dario Vidosic, 14.Daniel Arzani, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 25. Iacopo La Rocca, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 34.Connor Metcalfe, 35.Ramy Najjarine, 37.Nathaniel Atkinson, 44. Ross McCormack

Ins: 25. Iacopo La Rocca (promoted), 34.Connor Metcalfe (promoted), 35. Ramy Najjarine (promoted)
Outs: 9.Marcelo Carrusca (omitted)
Unavailable: 11.Bruce Kamau (international duty), 13.Stefan Mauk (international duty), 21. Ruon Tongyik (international duty), 23. Bruno Fornaroli (ankle)

------------------------------

Fixture History v Melbourne City / Heart (Hyundai A-League)
Played 22 / CCM 10 / MCY 7 / Draws 5
Goals Scored 29 / Goals Conceded 29

City at CCS:
Played 10 / Won 2 / Drawn 2 / Lost 6

Biggest Wins over City/Heart:
2-0 at Gosford, 2012/13 R11
2-0 at Gosford, 2014/15 R14
3-1 at Gosford, 2011/12 R8

Biggest Loss to City/Heart:
1-5 at Gosford, 2015/16 R9

Last Met:
2017/18 Round 10
City 1 CCM 0 at AAMI Park

Form (A-League)

MCY - L L L W W
CCM - L L D D L​

Last edited:

Big Al

There a two man team atm. We can take em.

No Hoole even better chance as won’t be turning attack into useless possession

Fishsdad

"On Sunday I'd like to see Wales start for Pain, Hoole back on the right wing and Asdrubal and Powell start as 9 & 10 and rotate themselves between those 2 positions. I think they can both play both positions effectively and rotating will create a lot of chances by keeping the defence guessing."

Gratis wrote the above on another thread, and I really like the idea of Asdrubal and Powell sharing 9 &10.

Given that both our wings (Hoole and Pain) are out I can see that Paulo will start with both Kubi and Wales. Hopefully we'll see Wales in at RW, where he is more comfortable. Kubi has played often enough on the left and will be the same player regardless of which wing he's on.

While I reckon this is our strongest front four given the unavailability of the Hoole, Pain and Buhagiar, it isn't likely to have City quaking with fear.

Forum Phoenix

Kubi has played often enough on the left and will be the same player regardless of which wing he's on.

:piralaugh: yeah you mean he'll work hard and run well but still won't be able to play a decent final ball or shoot. Agreed.

With Hoole, DDS and Wout out, we're unlikley to have the time on the ball we like/need to play our system. But Okon does not change tactically. So the real question is who will he play at 10? Tommy is much less likely now that Wout is out – unless Okon is willing to start Rosey and Melling side by side. I can't see that happening. Powell seems the most likely as Okon played him there (to our detriment) last year, but agree with others that I'd rather he tried Adsrubal.

For the most part I think we'll line up exactly how I thought we should have against the Jets. Lachie in for Pain. Rowles in for Rose. Melling in for Wout (resting him till 60 mins). The only question mark for me is how he will seek to fill the hole at 10.

scottmac

Suspended
:piralaugh: yeah you mean he'll work hard and run well but still won't be able to play a decent final ball or shoot. Agreed.

I think it might be better for Appiah on the left. He always brings the ball to his right foot which narrows the angle for shooting but on the left it would open up.
Not sure how he passes with left foot

Ozhammer

I stand by my previous post on the Rd 15 thread that Asdrubal would be most likely to make the best fist of playing at No.10, with Powell at No.9 and Wales and Appiah on the flanks.

Melling and Tom at DM and Rowles or Roux at LB. The rest of the side picks itself imo.

I really can’t see Okon making any surprise selections on Sunday given the desperate need for the points.

scottmac

Suspended
I stand by my previous post on the Rd 15 thread that Asdrubal would be most likely to make the best fist of playing at No.10, with Powell at No.9 and Wales and Appiah on the flanks.

Melling and Tom at DM and Rowles or Roux at LB. The rest of the side picks itself imo.

I really can’t see Okon making any surprise selections on Sunday given the desperate need for the points.
I can see him making surprise selections because of the desperate need for points

Timmah

Squads named.
In are Berry, Rose Jnr, Bingham, Rowles, Kekeris and Kuipers
They replace Hoole, Rose Snr, Pain & Brama. Glover/Bingham/DDS still with Oly

For City, La Rocca returns; Carrusca is left out. Kamau, Mauk & Tongyik all on int'l duty.

Full squads & in+outs in first post.

scottmac

Suspended
Why not as above with Powell & Asdrubal swapped? I think we've seen how good Powell is at #10 (last year) and he's scored twice from #9 this year.
I actually had them that way then changed it. I think both Bingham and Asdrubal would benefit having another striker beside them. Powell has played some great one touch balls to put players on goal and I think he may encourage moor attacking play in 10 than Asdrubal would there. Just my thoughts.

TedShot

cant explain why.. but I am excited about Bingham, and Kekeris getting a run. Especially if its alongside asdrubal and powell! Hell, asdrubal and powell being on at the same time is gonna be great to see. Here's hoping that scottmac has picked the starting side (and nice formation)!

MagpieMariner

I actually had them that way then changed it. I think both Bingham and Asdrubal would benefit having another striker beside them. Powell has played some great one touch balls to put players on goal and I think he may encourage moor attacking play in 10 than Asdrubal would there. Just my thoughts.
I'll go with that. Historically I think we've done best in that area with 2 strikers together (Simon & McBreen, Simon & Sasho to name a couple).

MagpieMariner

Thinking of Asdrubal as a lone striker, I think he's too small against most sides with 2 monsters at CB, seeing we insist on crosses in the air. When we learn to put our passes at his feet he may do better.

Yoda

What's the go with Kuipers? What position etc.
Kuipers has predominantly played LB in the NYL & NPL last year. Could be there to provide cover for LB, RB and possibly CM but I wouldn't expect him to get a run. Not very tall but appears reasonably athletic and good on the ball plus willing to get forward.

scottmac

Suspended
cant explain why.. but I am excited about Bingham, and Kekeris getting a run. Especially if its alongside asdrubal and powell! Hell, asdrubal and powell being on at the same time is gonna be great to see. Here's hoping that scottmac has picked the starting side (and nice formation)!
Wee could tweak that and put Hiarjei in at 10 and Melling at 6 with one of the strikers dropping to the bench. In defence Tom could drop back to another 6 and Asdrubal to 10. that way any long balls that Bingham wins could be knocked back to an advancing Asdrubal and Hiarjei.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami