• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 - CCM v City @ Gosford

Big Al

The boys were baked. Simple as that.

Bingham was woeful. I was a fan but his confidence is shot. He’s out of here

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

That result you can lay squarely at the feet of us only spending the cap floor. 7 players out and a waste of space up front. Should have been 3-1
Agreed. I mean, our good players we've recruited on the cheap. So perhaps we should be happy we're doing as well as we are.
We.
Need.
Strikers.

No point even watching until we bring in a striker. I almost said 'another striker', but that would imply we already have one.

greenlig

Worst collapse I've seen in ages. f**k the tiredness, we gave it up against 10 men. Only person who actually wanted it in the last 10 was Golec. I'm shaking with rage right now, we are so incredibly toothless in attack.
Golec was good, should have done more on their first goal.
Baro did things. Cut out a few, didn't make any huge mistakes.
McGing not great. Got done for the first goal, didn't offer much going forward.
Roux is just a passenger at this point.
Melling I like. Some great tackles, plays with intent, could have good passing range once he beds in a bit.
Tom didn't get the chance to do much. Didn't play badly, just didn't have a big impact.
Wales looks like he might create something, great free kicks.
Powell is a striker, not a #10.
Appi did what he does.
Astro, useless. I thought he'd come good if he got service, nope. Good touch when receiving the ball, absolutely shit when it comes to running with it. To not have a shot from his opportunities is simply unreasonable. Runs around a lot, but then so does my dog. Good thing it's a 1yr contract. I liked him, now I don't.
Rose Jr didn't do much, looks nervous, didn't pass well.
Rowles didn't add much defensively, Fitzy played through him.
Bingham was on the wing around the half way. Great place for a natural striker to play.

We scored from two set pieces, still don't look like we can score from open play. I can't even remember what it feels like to have a cohesive attacking team. Gotta believe the coaching staff can see all the options better than me because Bingham on the wing and Astro playing out the game blows my mind.

So sad to watch this team right now :(

Big Al

Wales. Never started before. Baked.
Appiah. Could have kept going but always gets pulled
Adrubal baked. Hasn’t played more than 60mins in forever
Powell baked. Hasnt played midfield for a year
Tom gets injured After to much football
Melling 2nd game only played 50mins or something all year. Baked

Just simply nothing left in the tank after all those games. Injuries suspension and the spare parts aren’t good enough

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I did think Wales showed some promise as a winger. He was completely schooled by his opposite number but I don't mind putting that down to a bit of experience. He ran well, put some good balls in, and was hungry.
For half an hour at least, disappeared after that. Looks like he was running on adrenalin to start with.

Forum Phoenix

I was about to lament how much negativity is in the room here...

but now I can't do anything but wonder how we bother with Asdrubal

Yip, I'm feeling pretty negative. Hard to watch us fail to close ou a side reduced to ten and not just twice let our lead slip. but ultimately be outplayed by them. And yes...

Adsrubal - sorry, but it's over, he's a dud. His heart/effort is in the right place, but that's not enough.
Rose - sad to have come to this after so much initial promise, he was worse than a waste of a sub - from the point he and Bingham came on and Tommy and Kubi went off City dominated the midfield, we were unable to spend any real time in their half (which is galling) and worse we were he ones who got pushed deeper and deeper, as they controlled the rest of the game. This was Liam's chance to step up and show he's been hard done by, it was utterly wasted. Would have been better off bringing on Kekeris for Powell as he was beyond cooked and was destroying our attacking play by the last 20.
Bingham - does not look HAL standard. Did not hold the ball up for us when we needed so e field position and to get some control back, could not break, poor passing... TBF he was never really a winger, but he looks like he's gone backwards if anything.
Rowles - looks the goods. Should start in front of Storm at LB.
Kubi... ahhh shit... I mean he does a lot right but if you cant play the final ball or shoot... there's just no point.
Tom - we're absolutely lost without him.
Melling - few mistakes but a lot of good work and has true grit. I like him. Much better cover at DM than Rose.
Kennedy - Baro - very good solid games.
Storm - well tbh thought he was doing "ok" until Fitzy came on and then it looked they were going to score whenever they ran at him.
Powell - tried hard, nearly had the goal before McGing headed it in. But A) He's still not a ten, and B) He will never be consistent 10 goal + HAL quality striker. He's just a squaddie at best.
McGing - Guilty for first goal, but got one back and I thought had a some other decent moments. I still think he's doing really well and hope he continues to grow.
Golec - my CCM MOM. Some great intercepts, defended well, and even had a quality air swing :thumbup:... really tried to lead by example at the end. Was tragic to see him run 70 odd metres and do what NO OTHER MARINER was doing only to then see it scuppered by Powell too tired to stay onside.
Wales - fantastic set pieces, in every other regard sadly it was not a very good game from him. Occasion may have gotten to him. Looked much more assured in his other appearances.

NoDiggity

That hurt. But let's look at the positives.

7 players out and we take a point from a team spending the full cap, with a striker loaned from a top flight English club. If you told me we'd get a point this morning I'd be happy.

Next week is Sydney away. This will be a tough game and I don't expect anything from it, but the week after is Brisbane away and a run of 5 games I think we can win or at least get a point from.

It's not all doom and gloom for the Mariners, I still feel we can make the 6.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
HEY HEY noth8ng like a draw from the jaws of Victory
Well if nothin* else Lachie can take a decent fkn corner, sure his opposite bossed him around a bit but that’ll change
Golec was brilliant Tom was great , Melling was alright, got a bit of mongrel about him
Astroboy can just f**k off back to Gibraltar what a useless pile of euros, trouble is Powell, Kwabi and especially the that useless stack of crap Lost Bingham are his replacements, none of em could hit a house with a water balloon , well Powell arsed a couple but the rest of the time his runnin* around like a goof....storm roux has no depth perception , his passes are either too soft or sailing into the ionosphere...Rose Jnr blew his chance....trouble is fkn Okon won’t change anything cause his a stubborn arsehat, he will probably play Hoole, Rose the Elder, and all them useless fkn strikers next game
and I was hoping for so much more

ccmjack

Burned out and busted , bench was dreadful but you can only play with what you have. Thought the boys played well with all the football they have been playing , take the point I’m happy with that.

LFCMariners

The weather didn't help (had tears in my eyes most of the game from that wind off Brisbane Water)- but performances like today are cancer for home crowds.

I'd hate to see what the score would have been if CCM had gone down to 10 instead of Citeh.

Big Al

Yip, I'm feeling pretty negative. Hard to watch us fail to close ou a side reduced to ten and not just twice let our lead slip. but ultimately be outplayed by them. And yes...

Adsrubal - sorry, but it's over, he's a dud. His heart/effort is in the right place, but that's not enough.
Rose - sad to have come to this after so much initial promise, he was worse than a waste of a sub - from the point he and Bingham came on and Tommy and Kubi went off City dominated the midfield, we were unable to spend any real time in their half (which is galling) and worse we were he ones who got pushed deeper and deeper, as they controlled the rest of the game. This was Liam's chance to step up and show he's been hard done by, it was utterly wasted. Would have been better off bringing on Kekeris for Powell as he was beyond cooked and was destroying our attacking play by the last 20.
Bingham - does not look HAL standard. Did not hold the ball up for us when we needed so e field position and to get some control back, could not break, poor passing... TBF he was never really a winger, but he looks like he's gone backwards if anything.
Rowles - looks the goods. Should start in front of Storm at LB.
Kubi... ahhh shit... I mean he does a lot right but if you cant play the final ball or shoot... there's just no point.
Tom - we're absolutely lost without him.
Melling - few mistakes but a lot of good work and has true grit. I like him. Much better cover at DM than Rose.
Kennedy - Baro - very good solid games.
Storm - well tbh thought he was doing "ok" until Fitzy came on and then it looked they were going to score whenever they ran at him.
Powell - tried hard, nearly had the goal before McGing headed it in. But A) He's still not a ten, and B) He will never be consistent 10 goal + HAL quality striker. He's just a squaddie at best.
McGing - Guilty for first goal, but got one back and I thought had a some other decent moments. I still think he's doing really well and hope he continues to grow.
Golec - my CCM MOM. Some great intercepts, defended well, and even had a quality air swing :thumbup:... really tried to lead by example at the end. Was tragic to see him run 70 odd metres and do what NO OTHER MARINER was doing only to then see it scuppered by Powell too tired to stay onside.
Wales - fantastic set pieces, in every other regard sadly it was not a very good game from him. Occasion may have gotten to him. Looked much more assured in his other appearances.
To be fair to Liam there was no one available to pass to. They were just to tired. Especially Powell who is supposed to be the link and the wingers where Roux who was deeper than Rose and Bingham who basically couldn’t be F@@ked and Asdrubal was going nowhere. There where just no options for anyone at the back to give the ball to

nebakke

I still reckon Wales is a bloody revelation. Has 10x the vision of Pain and I reckon between the wind and his youth, he did pretty well.
I also am increasingly of the opinion that Appiah could really well if we had a bloody striker who could hit the bloody goal and who would play for that rather than the pen. He clearly can't hit the goal but hee creates do many chances.
Powell actually surprised me positively tonight as well. He's no 10 but still looked much better oom that role tonight than last year.
I reckon a striker who can run and hit the target would make all the difference in this team.

Big Al

Asdrubal was absolutely getting stuck into Appiah for missing him on his crosses. There were 3 i saw but the 3rd was a little nastier frim frustration. A you are stuffing it up. Really got to Appiah who knew he didn’t do well enough but also probably felt Asdrubal wasn’t in the best position. Asdrubal was pointing to his eyes to say look, look what your doing. Unfortunately Appiah does has have his eyes down trying to concentrate on the ball that is bobbling around his feet. The wind was also making dribbling difficult.

Paulo also had a massage go at Bingham. Yelling you can get past them what r you doing. Bingham just didn’t want to be there. It was that I can’t do anything right look from Bingham

Wombat

I'm surprised by the bile posted about Asdrubal. Yes I was pissed of he didn't finish but I've seen far worse performances in a yellow shirt from many others players in our squad. I was actually more annoyed by Liam Rose's effort.
Would I renew his contract.....no.
Would I start Powell or Appi in front of him.......not yet.
City's back 4 are big and physical and he didn't have a good day at the office.

I also saw Fab at the game which was interesting.

Also what was the active support protest about??

Wombat

Why are we such a dumb side. We were playing well, outplaying them and then when they are down to 10 we stood off and stopped moving.
Why do we stand off when they attacked us? What coaching manual is that in? I never ever seen a team fail to close down like we do.
And the lack of effort in the final 5 or 6 minutes was disgusting to watch.

Big Al

I'm surprised by the bile posted about Asdrubal. Yes I was pissed of he didn't finish but I've seen far worse performances in a yellow shirt from many others players in our squad. I was actually more annoyed by Liam Rose's effort.
Would I renew his contract.....no.
Would I start Powell or Appi in front of him.......not yet.
City's back 4 are big and physical and he didn't have a good day at the office.

I also saw Fab at the game which was interesting.

Also what was the active support protest about??
All second half I’m like do i post something to wombat about Asdrubal today. Was going to say something along the lines of can you find me anyone else who likes him today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred