• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 - CCM v City @ Gosford

Big Al

Any chance Kekeris has a left foot? Probably don't wanna start him, but I'm wondering whether he might at least be worth having on for the last bit of the game, if he does. Work extra-well as an impact-sub if we went from having nothing on the left, to suddenly being able to cross ;)
Sure does. Pure left winger just a step down on the pecking order

nebakke

Leaves me wondering if he'd have taken over from Wales if things had gone a bit differently on the weekend then... Thanks @Big Al - appreciate it.

Wombat

For me it'd be Asrubal to the bench, Powell up front, Hoole in at ten, Wales left, Appiah right. It's not ideal, and I don't particularly like Hoole at ten, but I don't see many other options.

The other option is Asdrubal to 10. He looks a more natural fit than Hoole or Powell. Hoole to the wing. Flip a coin between Appi and Wales on the left. I'd be tempted to reward Wales.

style_cafe

The more I see Rowles the more I like the look of him.
Sure Fitzy turned him inside a couple of times but Fitzy did that to Roux too & he does that consistently every game.
Rowles has good vision, is good in the air, is calm under pressure & has a decent 1st touch.
Once he gets a few games under his belt & gains confidence, I think he could be a future Socceroo.

Gratis

I'd be interested to know the logic behind the disagree rating @Coast Football Ramble @Gratis
Happy to explain my thinking here. I'll come to it in a moment but I actually think the club wants us to share it.

Once the information is public it's public. It seems unrealistic to have an expectation that you can text 7000 people with details of interest about the game and they'll all keep it quiet. I doubt the club expects it to remain hush hush when they directly tell the people most likely to talk - fans who are the most pumped to engage the game (the members). Anyone with that expectation will absolutely not have their expectation met.

I would argue the club's purpose in doing it is twofold. Firstly, it's a nice little extra for members and helps them get into the game day experience. It shows non members (when members pass on their privileged information) that there is additional value to being a member.

Secondly, it serves the exact purpose of getting people talking. The best way to build engagement is to get the fans interacting, sharing, discussing, reacting. Not shutting fans out.

Based on likelihood I would suggest a) the club knows full well that when they tell 7000 people then the information is as good as public, and that b) they want it to be shared as a way to demonstrate membership value and drive up engagement through the discussion and interaction of all fans.

Finally, I would imagine that if you're a regular on this site then you're an engaged fan with genuine interest. Most likely a member, but if not then likely a contributor to the club in some way via watching on Fox or buying tickets and the club wouldn't begrudge you knowing the team line up 15 minutes before other non members.

Maybe I've misread it and the club sees it the other way around. If so they should probably mention it's hush hush but still lower their expectation that something made public to 7000 people (less children without phones of course) will remain private.

Personally, I think there is far more value in sharing it than withholding it

pjennings

I'd play Hoole at LW, he has played a lot there during his career. Lachie on the right. I'd be tempted to start Adrubal at 10 as per Wombat and Powell up front. Neither are super fit at the moment - and they may need to swap a bit to keep pressing the defence.

Appiah can come on to replace Lachie when he is more likely top make an impact.

Gratis

I'd play Hoole at LW, he has played a lot there during his career. Lachie on the right. I'd be tempted to start Adrubal at 10 as per Wombat and Powell up front. Neither are super fit at the moment - and they may need to swap a bit to keep pressing the defence.

Nailed it

Big Al

Who plays 10 whwn Asdrubal is rooted at half time. Could move Hoole in and bring on Kekeris.

Asdrubal has good touch and vision but I’m worried about his size strength and pace there

Timmah

Happy to explain my thinking here. I'll come to it in a moment but I actually think the club wants us to share it.

Once the information is public it's public. It seems unrealistic to have an expectation that you can text 7000 people with details of interest about the game and they'll all keep it quiet. I doubt the club expects it to remain hush hush when they directly tell the people most likely to talk - fans who are the most pumped to engage the game (the members). Anyone with that expectation will absolutely not have their expectation met.

I would argue the club's purpose in doing it is twofold. Firstly, it's a nice little extra for members and helps them get into the game day experience. It shows non members (when members pass on their privileged information) that there is additional value to being a member.

Secondly, it serves the exact purpose of getting people talking. The best way to build engagement is to get the fans interacting, sharing, discussing, reacting. Not shutting fans out.

Based on likelihood I would suggest a) the club knows full well that when they tell 7000 people then the information is as good as public, and that b) they want it to be shared as a way to demonstrate membership value and drive up engagement through the discussion and interaction of all fans.

Finally, I would imagine that if you're a regular on this site then you're an engaged fan with genuine interest. Most likely a member, but if not then likely a contributor to the club in some way via watching on Fox or buying tickets and the club wouldn't begrudge you knowing the team line up 15 minutes before other non members.

Maybe I've misread it and the club sees it the other way around. If so they should probably mention it's hush hush but still lower their expectation that something made public to 7000 people (less children without phones of course) will remain private.

Personally, I think there is far more value in sharing it than withholding it
I hadn't considered that way - appreciate the explanation!

scottmac

Suspended
Who plays 10 whwn Asdrubal is rooted at half time. Could move Hoole in and bring on Kekeris.

Asdrubal has good touch and vision but I’m worried about his size strength and pace there
I'm not sure his size and strength will matter he just needs to move to space and then move the ball on quickly when played in. Hes got a great first touch and turn so shouldn't be a problem of size.
I just cant see it happening though. Powell at 9 and Asdrubal at 10 Hoole on the left Wales on right could be great but I don't think Okon will do it

Ozhammer

I'm not sure his size and strength will matter he just needs to move to space and then move the ball on quickly when played in. Hes got a great first touch and turn so shouldn't be a problem of size.
I just cant see it happening though. Powell at 9 and Asdrubal at 10 Hoole on the left Wales on right could be great but I don't think Okon will do it
That perhaps shows how blinkered and/or stubborn Okon is then doesn’t it?

Someone else mentioned on here something about him talking to individual players about what they need to do better and my source tells me he is very poor in that area, so I wouldn’t hold high expectations there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred