• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners stars blitzkrieged over Mad Monday gag

BiggusMickus

Wheresdadspants? said:
I would have been more offended with someone dressing as Shields or Breeze. Also is tommy p dressed as Auburn. (haha just jokes)

I'm sorry did I miss something - I thought they were dressed up as Shields & Breeze (again just joking - silly mistake made by the boys without thought)

tyson

Greenpoleffc said:
What similar things to the Nazis had you in mind???

I can see no Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Mark Shields etc etc

so its ok for america to do what they are doing atm?
so its ok for people to fly a plane into a building?
so it was ok for the english to take over the aborigines?
so it was ok for the cowboys to kill the indians?

i don't know how you are linked to anything to do with the nazis or anything, because i dont know you... but dont you think that someone who lost a family member or close friend because someone flew a plane into the building they were in is going to feel just as offended by people making jokes about terrorists as someone whos people were affected by the nazis so many years ago being offended by what gumps did?

how are those two things not similar?

kevrenor

tyson said:
Greenpoleffc said:
What similar things to the Nazis had you in mind???

I can see no Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Mark Shields etc etc

so its ok for america to do what they are doing atm?
so its ok for people to fly a plane into a building?
so it was ok for the english to take over the aborigines?
so it was ok for the cowboys to kill the indians?

i don't know how you are linked to anything to do with the nazis or anything, because i dont know you... but dont you think that someone who lost a family member or close friend because someone flew a plane into the building they were in is going to feel just as offended by people making jokes about terrorists as someone whos people were affected by the nazis so many years ago being offended by what gumps did?

how are those two things not similar?

What ARE you on about Tyson?

tyson

well in an earlier post, i said similar things arent getting the same reactions... which as an answer to greenpoleffc's question was the chaser's dressing like terrorists... so i explained how they are similar.

tyson

pfft... the tele is more interested in sex scandals, league/union/afl players committing crimes and racism in the cricket.

lol

skilbeck

marinershell said:
Watch the Tele tomorrow for the quotes from this thread!!
the terror can piss off and come up with their own stories rather than steal things off this forum. As a matter of fact we should make it compulsory registration to view this forum and if anyone is discovered to be a Journo for the terror or any other major news service, outside the coast, they should get an automatic ban.

skilbeck

Shooter25 said:
So are the Mariners now the official anti-semetic club in the league?

TROLL grrrrrr. No one here is anti-semitic, that is an unfair slur you are casting on the club

skilbeck

Shooter25 said:
skilbeck said:
Shooter25 said:

TROLL grrrrrr. No one here is anti-semitic, that is an unfair slur you are casting on the club

Good to see the humor of the FFA has permeated into this forum.

Just you posted a question that is designed to start up issues and controversy and that is the major hallmark of a troll

Shooter25

skilbeck said:
Shooter25 said:
skilbeck said:
Shooter25 said:

Good to see the humor of the FFA has permeated into this forum.

Just you posted a question that is designed to start up issues and controversy and that is the major hallmark of a troll

I'm sure there was plenty of controversy before I made a joke.

skilbeck

that may be so, but you are asking a question that is gonna inflame the situation and I think that if thats your idea of a joke I think you have a very poor and warped sense of humor

marconigirl

Just some articles about this controversy if you wanted to read them...
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=384349
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23274576-953,00.html
http://sportal.com.au/Football-news-display/gumprecht-in-hot-water-43877
http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,,-7336519,00.html

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Look, Gumps I can understand people getting up in arms about - but anything more than a 'hey, think about it next time mate' is over the top.

As for Viddy - can anybody please explain why what he did was wrong?  His nickname is God, and he went as an actor's portrayal of God.  It certainly doesn't 'threatens, disparages, vilifies or insults another person, or group of people'

Who are the FFA to persecute him for that when I don't think a single person has taken offence?

BAD BULLZ

How come O gradys isnt offensive isn't that mocking the homosexual community ::) If vidmar is offending people why was there no complaints about bruce almighty(and i'm not being biased its not a secret i'm not his number 1 fan)As for gumps He looks like a pretty harmless version of hitler looks like he has purposly left a few important details out and delibratly gone for a lighter take on him.If he was really trying to go as a serious hitler worthy of offence he could have easy added the trade mark symble.

T

thanman

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Look, Gumps I can understand people getting up in arms about - but anything more than a 'hey, think about it next time mate' is over the top.

As for Viddy - can anybody please explain why what he did was wrong?  His nickname is God, and he went as an actor's portrayal of God.  It certainly doesn't 'threatens, disparages, vilifies or insults another person, or group of people'

Who are the FFA to persecute him for that when I don't think a single person has taken offence?

I think it may also be about the fact he decided to go with the colouring of the skin.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

And what's wrong with colouring his skin?
How else was he supposed to look like Gordon Freeman?

Just wondering....nobody had even heard of the costumes until it was mentioned in the paper.  And in the first newspaper articles, the Jews were apparently already up in arms.

So how did they know about it before anybody else?

S

soccersensei

Ah, how absurd. If gods offended, he can certainly look after himself.
If Morgan Freeman's offended I'd be beyond surprised.
A Hitler costume... well I've seen so many parodies of Hitler, from theatre. film and television that I just see it as one more parody. If it was not intended as such then that would be a different story. But as a fancy dress on a Mad monday celebration...I find it disappointing that while over 1 billion of the worlds population "currently" live in absolute poverty, such an occurrence can receive coverage and a beat up, without which it would not even be seen by eyes as to even become potentially offensive.

Sigh this shits boring and depresses me. I want to focus on all the incredible positives that our season has now created for us and if I want to focus on outrage, I'll think on my sponsor child who recently died because he couldn't get a $25's worth of medicine that would have saved his life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred