• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners stars blitzkrieged over Mad Monday gag

~Floss~

Yeah, although we can tell it was meant in good fun, and probably not as a public display, Gumps probably should have recognised it as being a reasonably risky thing to do.

However I doubt many would have been offended without the photos getting out and being accompanied with such a story.

FFC Mariner

SamCC said:
i think this is the funniest thing to happen in the a-league.
and when will the jews get a grip. People dress up as george bush but do the innocent iraqis killed by his war get up in arms? no they probably laugh cos those dressed up as him are taking the piss just like those who dress as hitler are having a laugh at him.
the world needs to lighten up.
as for vidmars costume....im beyond words to explain how that was offensive. im suprised johnny aloisi's lawrence of arabia costume was deemed anti-muslim or somethign stupid like that

Where to start????

Obviously you havent studied much history have you??

T E Lawrence was an English Army officer for a start.

When will the Jews get a grip?? Maybe when they forget that 6,000,0000 of them were killed because Hitler thought he was a better human I expect.

Bay14

Greenpoleffc

Your personal picture and text power to the people could be classed as revolutionary and leans towards communism and would more than likely be offensive to most Cubans, but I guess thats OK. :soapbox:
Lighten up, none of the players were out to make a political, racist, sexist or religious statement, it was just having a good time.

serious14

Religious groups whinging??

WELL WHAT A F*CKIN' SURPRISE THAT IS!!!!    Have they ever thought that he way they conduct themselves with their whole "God" story is offensive to some??  Do they see those people whinging about it??

Idiots......

Mariner Girl

We all agree that Andre was very thoughtless in his choice of costume. If anyone is offended by Viddy playing God, well God is for all people - there is only one God. Everyone from the FFA down to us is getting a little too sensitive. It was a players Mad Monday where most teams dress up.

Did we hear of any Public disturbance or drunken nude runs along Terrigal Beach? Any of our Boys put on a Rape charge? Common Assault even??? No No NO........ They were just having a QUIET Mad Monday before the Media stuck their noses in.

FFC Mariner

Bay14 said:
Greenpoleffc

Your personal picture and text power to the people could be classed as revolutionary and leans towards communism and would more than likely be offensive to most Cubans, but I guess thats OK. :soapbox:
Lighten up, none of the players were out to make a political, racist, sexist or religious statement, it was just having a good time.

Alternatively it could be a picture of the actor playing a character from a 1970's sit com about a 1 man revolutionary who was a Fulham supporter.

Characters name was Wolfie Smith BTW

cruiser

Greenpoleffc said:
Bay14 said:
Greenpoleffc

Your personal picture and text ‘power to the people ‘ could be classed as revolutionary and leans towards communism and would more than likely be offensive to most Cubans, but I guess that’s OK. :soapbox:

Alternatively it could be a picture of the actor playing a character from a 1970's sit com about a 1 man revolutionary who was a Fulham supporter.

Characters name was Wolfie Smith BTW
And Vidmar was dressed as MORGAN FREEMAN playing God. You've taken the Telegraph's bait. It's bad enough that it feels like the Mariners have become the A-League's punching bag without people on here joining in on some of it.

Paolo

The point which is being missed is that gumprecht should be congratulated not condemned, he is the first german in history to have a sense of humour

dibo

ABC is reporting that gumprecht has made a public apology for his costume. it sounds like he's feeling pretty silly about the whole thing.

promdi442

When I saw the pic of Viddy I thought he had gone 30 minutes too long in a solarium. But no that wasnt it at all. Every day you learn something new. From my next comment you will realise I dont watch movies very often. I was thankful when I read that he was a MORGAN FREEMAN look alike I havent seen the movie and still dont know what movie he (MF) was in dresssed like that.

Gumps in the terrorgraph today said, "Earlier I thought can I wear this? I had mixed feelings to be honest, because in Germany you could go to jail"
So the question begs to be asked if he had reservations before the event then why do it? Simple reply DONT.

In three years of the A-League the media vultures have been circling waiting for someone to stuff up so that they could swoop and take the heat away from the habitual bad boys of NRL, AFL and Rugby and up until Monday they hadnt had a sniff of anything "scandalous". Here was their chance and the feeding frenzy, most probably fuelled by the aforementioned organizations have had a field day with it.

More the pity it is the Mariners who are in the sights of these guys. Its not a matter of telling people to lighten up it is a matter of maintaining the good image that the A-League has over the other codes for these past three years. When I saw the pics of Danny and Gumps I just shook my head and my reaction was what have they done? why did they do it? what were they thinking.?

Maybe some would query my reaction to Danny dressing up like that dipstick Corey BUT is it sensible to glamorise such a deadbeat in a family community that the Mariners are where Danny is such of favorite to so many kids. I can just imagine some mums on the Central Coast now sitting down with their kids and trying to explain away that NO DANNY IS NOT GOING TO HOST GATE CRASHER PARTIES AND DO A COREY COPY CAT NATIONAL TOUR TO SUPPLEMENT SALARY LOST WHILST UNDER SUSPENSION FROM THE FFA.

There is so much talk about role models these guys have to think the ramifications through before they happen. One slip up and you are crucified nationally. But then maybe Viddy can help out there to perform a miracle and right the wrong. 

dannysgirl

Maybe no one told the paper where they were, maybe some passersby noticed them and took some photos, which they then gave to the paper?
Who knows, and I don't like your chances of finding out.

T

thanman

serious14 said:
Religious groups whinging??

WELL WHAT A F*CKIN' SURPRISE THAT IS!!!!    Have they ever thought that he way they conduct themselves with their whole "God" story is offensive to some??  Do they see those people whinging about it??

Idiots......
So true.  :goodpost:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred