• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners stars blitzkrieged over Mad Monday gag

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I'm more offended by danny dressing like that nitwit Corey Hahahahahahahahaha

brett

Hitler warrants an apology, God doesn't, but the media should just leave the f**kin guys alone when they do their mad monday dress up.

I cannot believe that the FFA is so 'big brotherish'!
Why is the Mariners Mad Monday so much more newsworthy that the inexcusable behaviour of certain Jets players after the games at both EAS and SFS?
For me, everything that is happening to the Mariners is pointiing to Lowy being totally peeved that Turnbull chose to invest in his money in a decent hardworking club and community and the Mariners are going to be punished forever for it.

FFA - YOU'RE PATHETIC! GET SOME NUTS!!!!!

dannysgirl

Andre may have been a bit thoughtless to dress up as hitler, but as others have said, that might not have been what he was going for...
This is just another excuse for the FFA to give the mariners a hard time.

P

Pete

brett said:
Hitler warrants an apology, God doesn't, but the media should just leave the f**kin guys alone when they do their mad monday dress up.

And, so........how the f**k did the photographer find out where they'd be? Anyone go to the Mad Monday celebrations here that can enlighten us?

Did someone tell them or did they just happen to have a photographer on the Central Coast area with his gear wandering around looking for them?

Me thinks someone was naive enough to let the Tele know where they'd be, and not think of the ramifications of the players dressing up.

I'm not happy they are being portrayed as buffoons (the players collectively are a much better bunch of men than that -and Andre has been an exceptional personality for the club), and even though the costumes don't offend me, I can understand Andre's selection being a bad one.

Pokes

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/gallery/0,22056,5029862-5012667,00.html

Pics from the Mad Monday celebrations.

Loving the Laurence of Gosford

Shooter25

fishmum said:
Once again it appears that the Mariners are being persecuted, no matter what they do, even when letting off steam and going out to try and have some fun and trying to forget the misery of what had happened the day and night before, they still cop a blasting...
If you ask me, I think that Gumps looks more like Steve Martin, Just because he is german and has a mostash doesn't really show that he is being hitler?.... is he wearing a swatzsticker?.. No!!

Common sense dictates if your gonna dress up as Hitler well your gonna cop it. Mariners have built a repuatation as being a family club, and however amusing it really maybe its just stupid to go doing things like this.

bone

f**k, thank god there were no newspapers at my mad monday.
the boys should apologise for s**t, anyone offend by this should tuffen the f**k up.
was charlie chaplin asked to apologise for potraying hitler? no, why? because it was funny.
people just need to take of the skirt and grow a pair.

P

Pete

Actually....a lot of the other costumes are hilarious. Shame the broader media picked up on the two more 'controversial' ones. Danny's costume (as bad boy Corey) is sadly apt.

Shooter25

If your a public figure ie. Sportsman dressing up as the 20th centuries most evil person is really not the best idea. Has nothing to do with growing up, and yes it is funny but a public relations disaster really.

sambuca

How funny to Wilko and Tommy look!! Hahaha!

pokey said:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/gallery/0,22056,5029862-5012667,00.html

Pics from the Mad Monday celebrations.

Loving the Laurence of Gosford

kevrenor

Shooter25 said:
If your a public figure ie. Sportsman dressing up as the 20th centuries most evil person is really not the best idea. Has nothing to do with growing up, and yes it is funny but a public relations disaster really.
Didn't look like Pol Pot, Stalin, or Hitler to me!  :naughty:

Definitely a Gumps take on the Dad's Army that is parts of the FFA!  :tv:

Shooter25

kevrenor said:
Shooter25 said:
Didn't look like Pol Pot, Stalin, or Hitler to me!   :naughty:

Definitely a Gumps take on the Dad's Army that is parts of the FFA!  :tv:

The Hitler moustache is a slight giveaway ;)

Maybe a case of Wengeritis has gotten into Shield and some Mariners fans ey? :p

ryan

Has no-one heard of satire? If anything he is mocking Hitler not supporting him.

Marinerchick

pokey said:
For goodness sakes.

Ok, the Hitler thing was a bit far (BTW, Anyone see Danny? He went as that Corey Kid....very funny), but Vidmar as God? Funny! I'm a Christian and have no problem with it. People "dress" as Jesus (such as....well...Jesus...at the Grand Final....) all the time.

LOL yes i saw danny dressed as corey worthingtion (if that isnt his name then i dnt no what im tlking bout) but one question that wasnt his realy hair was it????
he looked really funny
its even on the back of todays terrograph
lol

i go to a catholic school and i am ok with tony going to mad monday as god
he looked alright  and the ffa should get over themselves its supposed to be a fun day for the boys to relax becasue the season is over
HOW ARE THEY GONIG TO RELEX IF THE FFA ARE ON THEIR BACK ALL THE TIME!!! :soapbox:

Arabmariner

Hitler my arse.

He,s the guy off on the buses and a good likeness too!

As for Viddy , wtf are they whinging about ffs.

serious14

ryan said:
Has no-one heard of satire? If anything he is mocking Hitler not supporting him.

I think it's pretty clear that News Limited is completely and hideously unaware of the concept of satire in any way, shape, or form.....

marconigirl

Pete said:
Actually....a lot of the other costumes are hilarious. Shame the broader media picked up on the two more 'controversial' ones. Danny's costume (as bad boy Corey) is sadly apt.
In some of the pics I recon he actually almost looks like Heath Ledger...
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/gallery/0,22056,5029862-5012667-11,00.html

I don't see any difference in what they did, and actors when they dress up for films... It was just a fun day to let off steam... leave them alone...
Being a christian, I don't see anything wrong with Tony going as god, he was clearly taking the part from a tv show, as is Gumpy (dads army)...
If it offended anyone, then okay maybe a bad choice, but honestly.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred