• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners stars blitzkrieged over Mad Monday gag

P

Pete

Didn't anyone tell McAndrew that it was fancy dress? The kid's turned up in his normal clothes! :piralaugh:

skilbeck

I bet Holland wears a brown paper bag like most of the bogans from scumland as a matter of fact thats probably wear they got their jersey colour from as it is an important part of their tradition, because if you ask me, a jet is painted dark grey not that ugly brown colour, and as an important recommendation, it would be good for the squadron and the players to wear brown paper bags over their heads when they play cos then we dont have to look at them

P

Pete

serious14 said:
So where's the outrage over Grego's costume??  Sensitivities towards anything and anyone Arab these days are through the roof, so where's the story about that??

F*cking biased bullshit if you ask me.......

Greg Owens is credited with dressing up as Reg Reagan (black T shirt, Black mullet wig, black mo). Aloisi is dressed as Laurence of Gosford.

Expect OPEC to impose a petrol ban on Gosford and the Central Coast to run out of fuel by next Monday!  :p

The Laurence family, meanwhile, have lodged a grievance with the FFA via FA UK about the misuse of their late Uncle's image and his misrepresentation as a drunk 'sokkah' player on a Mad Monday.

Channel 9 is considering offering Grego his own TV show with Matty Johns.

marinersman

Sorry folks, I think some posts on this thread are way too biased.

Very, very bad from Andre. It looks pretty clear to me with the mo he is imitating Hitler. If this is not the case than fine, but it sure looks like it to me.

This is hugely, hugely offensive and should be treated as a very serious matter. There are no excuses.It is unacceptable.

I am extremely saddened by our overall conduct in the past couple of days and I feel extremely sorry for Lyall. He needs to kick a few heads this week.

tyson

chaser_main_wideweb__470x281,0.jpg

chaserapec2.jpg

Apparently this was ok and was laughed at by everyone.

I think Joel Griffiths should be the one who is offended... having Boogs dress up as him.

fedelta

tyson said:

chaserapec2.jpg

I think Joel Griffiths should be the one who is offended... having Boogs dress up as him.

No it was actually Paul O'Grady dressed as Joel Griffiths..

tyson

Pete said:
brett said:
Hitler warrants an apology, God doesn't, but the media should just leave the f**kin guys alone when they do their mad monday dress up.

And, so........how the f**k did the photographer find out where they'd be? Anyone go to the Mad Monday celebrations here that can enlighten us?

Did someone tell them or did they just happen to have a photographer on the Central Coast area with his gear wandering around looking for them?

Me thinks someone was naive enough to let the Tele know where they'd be, and not think of the ramifications of the players dressing up.

I'm not happy they are being portrayed as buffoons (the players collectively are a much better bunch of men than that -and Andre has been an exceptional personality for the club), and even though the costumes don't offend me, I can understand Andre's selection being a bad one.

must have been someone who just stumbled upon them, or someone who saw them ratted them in, because not even lawrie knew where they were...

tyson

AHAHAHAHA.
look at the photo of the entire team. i just noticed someone in the background dressed as what appears to be the one and only Jonah Takalua! (black curly hair, white school shirt, blue tie and arms folded with one shoulder slightly raised)

tyson

Boogaard = Baby = Griffiths.

Im interested to know who everyone is:

Clarky - Dr Rik (play on Simpsons character and the teams masseuse)
Unknown - Jonah Takalua
McAndrew - ???
OG - cop from the Village People
Sash - ??
Vidmar - God
Tommy P - is that supposed to be Mr Squiggle?
Alois - Lawrence Of Gosford
Owens - Reg Reagan
Hutch - Scott McDonald
Kwas - Bad Santa (he said he was going as bad santa on sunday night)
Matty - ??
Gumprecht - either a tv character or hitler
Mile - ??
Trott - ??
Heff - ??
Vuks - Corey
Porter - Tarzan

Pokes

tyson said:

chaserapec2.jpg

Not everyone. I hate the Chaser.

To do it in a public setting, to CAUSE  stir, is immature, and pathetic.

To do it at a celebration for their team only, is ok.

Ursus

pokey said:
tyson said:

chaserapec2.jpg

Do not be silly. That was one of the greatest pieces of political satire (very scarce these days)ever shown on Australian tv.
Did you actually see the show or just the read the press?

fedelta

0590764200.jpg

By David Davutovic

February 26, 2008 3:00pm

Serial wanker and Newcastle Jets 'star' Joel Griffiths has made a fool of himself in the media once again. He reportedly arrived at the Central Coast Mariners "Mad Monday" celebrations dressed in his finest clothing. When questioned, Griffiths claimed that he did not know it was a dress-up event and wore the best clothing he owned. Questions are being raised regarding his obscure style and sexuality.

tyson

Ursus said:
pokey said:
tyson said:

chaserapec2.jpg

Do not be silly. That was one of the greatest pieces of political satire (very scarce these days)ever shown on Australian tv.
Did you actually see the show or just the read the press?

Exactly. If was the funniest thing ever...

And my point was... no one got revved up about them dressing as terrorist figures, who killed many people, but all of a sudden Gumps is under scrutiny for dressing as what many perceive to be a Hitler costume.

And Pokey, how do you know Gumps wasn't doing it for a stir? Did you speak to him about it? It was in a public place... it was at Bateau Bay Hotel and Terrigal. Two locations that sound pretty public to me...

Both are offensive in their own ways... but why did the two get such different reactions?
Like some people have mentioned, where do you draw the line? What if someone dressed as Captain Cook? Its as if people are only offended because the Newspaper told them to. The media never mentioned that the Chaser's dressing as terrorist was offensive to those who have been personally affected by the issue (losing family members to the war or the trade centre) so no one cared... instead, they found it funny or stupid.

Pokes

Exactly. If was the funniest thing ever...

And my point was... no one got revved up about them dressing as terrorist figures, who killed many people, but all of a sudden Gumps is under scrutiny for dressing as what many perceive to be a Hitler costume.

And Pokey, how do you know Gumps wasn't doing it for a stir? Did you speak to him about it? It was in a public place... it was at Bateau Bay Hotel and Terrigal. Two locations that sound pretty public to me...

Both are offensive in their own ways... but why did the two get such different reactions?
Like some people have mentioned, where do you draw the line? What if someone dressed as Captain Cook? Its as if people are only offended because the Newspaper told them to. The media never mentioned that the Chaser's dressing as terrorist was offensive to those who have been personally affected by the issue (losing family members to the war or the trade centre) so no one cared... instead, they found it funny or stupid.

^ I actually wasn't referring to Gumps...was more thinking of the God thing. Sorry I wasn't very specific.  Gumps dressing up as Hitler, well, he should have put more thought into that. As someone mentioned, Prince Harry got caught, it would have been just as easy (and proved to be) for someone to Snap a photo of him in that gear.

The other costumes? Laurence of Gosford? God? It honestly seems like you cannot dress up as anything for a bit of fun without being critisized for it.

And as for my opinion on the Chaser? It's not really relevant. I just said I didn't find the terrorist all that funny. Like you said, they found it funny or stupid. I thought stupid.

And apologies I did not realise they were in a public setting. My bad.

tyson

yeh thats ok. im not deciding what is right or what is wrong. for starters, i am not jewish and i have not been affected by captain cook or a terrorist. i am also a person who can look past things like that.

the idea behind my posts was that some people are getting angry about gumps' actions, but dont give similar things the same treatment, which is rather contradictory.

FFC Mariner

What similar things to the Nazis had you in mind???

I can see no Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Mark Shields etc etc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred