• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners stars blitzkrieged over Mad Monday gag

Teddy Bear

Glad no one dressed as a pirate or a cowboy. All those people that were made to walk the plank years ago and all those indians that were shot by cowboys would have been extremely disrespectful and out of place.

Remember Mel Brooks satirising Hitler with Too Be or Not to Be was an absolute disgrace. Oh no hang on that actually was extremely funny and Mel is jewish.

Hutch dressing up in Celtic gear is an absolute disgrace!!!!

voice of reason

Dressing as Adolf Hitler is definitely a very sensitive issue for the Germans;  it is a criminal offence in Germany to display any Nazi symbols in public.  Andre knows this.  But is that what he has done?  It was clearly intended to resemble Hitler - thankfully there were no swastikas present or that would have compounded his 'offence' - but was also very obviously a parody of Hitler.  It has been done many times by many people: Charlie Chaplin, Tommy Cooper, Benny Hill, John Cleese and not forgetting the bloke who did Blazing Saddles...  There is absolutely no attempt to glorify Nazism or belittle the suffering of its many victims.

Jewish groups would not even have heard of this incident if they hadn't been approached for comment by the despicable media, angling for a story!

So Andre, your self-deprecating humour is fine by me - if you had dressed as a camp survivor with striped uniform and tattoo...now that would have been insulting..

P

Pete

Teddy Bear said:

Wait til Fergie sees him next.  :yellowcard:.........but Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum took the prize I reckon. I didn't think Wilko had that much comedy in him, always thought he was a bit of a dry character.

P

Pete

Taylor said:
Do SFC have ties with Hakoah??

Lowy Family Trust.

ie. Frank Lowy was a past President of the Hakoah club, now his family trust has an investment in Sydney FC.

Hakoah played in sky blue, the same colour as Sydney FC.

Lowy is a prominent and well respected member of the Jewish community, and Hakoah was set up by the Jewish community in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.

Wheresdadspants?

Haha Gumps and Viddy look great, So do the rest of the boys! Can't believe people lose their sense of humour as soon as there is a high horse to be ridden. You can draw your own conclusions as what gumps is dressed as but why is it so bad, Boys will be boys and if the Tele didn't take the photos nothing would have been said. Another storm in a teacup blown way out of proportion by the FFA. For christs (viddy) sake leave our club alone we have done so much off the field for the game and this is how we get repayed. Oh how I hate the game right now.(will love it later once this has blown over.

skilbeck

Teddy Bear said:
Glad no one dressed as a pirate or a cowboy. All those people that were made to walk the plank years ago and all those indians that were shot by cowboys would have been extremely disrespectful and out of place.

Remember Mel Brooks satirising Hitler with Too Be or Not to Be was an absolute disgrace. Oh no hang on that actually was extremely funny and Mel is jewish.

Hutch is my hero :p

Gav...

nigel boogards was a good one.... as was dean heffernan....owens well.....aloisi well we love you

Gav...

0,22056,5029862-5012667-10,00.html

0,22056,5029862-5012667-4,00.html

0,22056,5029862-5012667-1,00.html

serious14

So where's the outrage over Grego's costume??  Sensitivities towards anything and anyone Arab these days are through the roof, so where's the story about that??

F*cking biased bullshit if you ask me.......

skilbeck

Well my theory is that Gumps was making a statement about the FFA and the refs, and nothing wouldve been more apt description of them than inferring that they are nazis because thats what they are IMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred