• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Wombat

given it Echoes Okon's culture clearout a bit, it's a shame to see Sully go.
Aside from that, I like that Mulvey is a man of action so far!

Sully didnt deserve to stay.
Rumour is he helped axe Ben Cahn to be Okon's puppet with Yoof squad and played dumb Okonball as well.

Insertnamehere

Sully didnt deserve to stay.
Rumour is he helped axe Ben Cahn to be Okon's puppet with Yoof squad and played dumb Okonball as well.
That infuriates me. We let a very good young coach go. Now probably lost forever to pander to an unproven coach with garbage youth NT experience.
Hopefully the club recognises the overarching strategy for our youth development is more important than the coach of the 1st teams ego.
(That is very cynical yep)
We just can't afford to be run dumber than any club going and need to be extremely judicious with every single decision from here on in.

Last edited:

Wombat

Am I the only one that doesn't get the Skapetis love?

He had his chances but to me looked slow and immobile. Wanted to be a nine but was easily marked out of the game.

Looked awesome the game where he came on as a sub and scored a cracker.

Next game he looked like Powell.

So not easy to judge from 1.5 games.

centre mid

Mariners need Hutcho back at the club as an assistant coach to restore the culture we had when we were successful. The players we have now are a bunch of dreamers and need to wake up.

Wombat

Also again, tbf it's not like Kennedy's been complete shite all season, he's kept us in it more than once. For all the shit from him on the weekend i still reckon he's a fair way from s1 Izzo and Pasfield tbh.

First half of the season he was very good. Back end of the season he was shite with a capital S.

scottmac

Suspended
Definetly NOT !! , I'm led to believe.

If you read the club statement it said:

"The following list of players remain contracted to the Central Coast Mariners Football Club.

Central Coast Mariners: 1.Ben KENNEDY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 10.Danny De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 20.Adam PEARCE, 21.Kye ROWLES, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Wout BRAMA"

There's a reason it DOESN'T say "for the 2018/19 Season"

Some, NOT all, have the following 4 weeks (31st May contracts officially expire) to convince Mulvey that they should be retained or given new deals.

Don't think that it's just players like Melling for example, who's contract expires on that date.

Having x2 Dutch DMidfielders on serious coin may be x1 more than what Mulvey would prefer.
..... I wouldn't be surprised if Brama is told that 'the holiday is over', ie that 'you're not a part of my plans for taking the club forward' ;)
That would be an expensive decision and one that I can't see the club making wether mulvey wants it or not
Wout did so much hard work in the defensive side of things that really goes unheralded. He also believed I think, just through some of the things he said, that they were being very unwise with the game plan employed. I think this has much more to do with his frustration and brain snaps than team performance

Last edited:

Wombat

That would be an expensive decision and one that I can't see the club making wether mulvey wants it or not
Wout did so much hard work in the defensive side of things that really goes unheralded. He also believed I think, just through some of the things he said, that they were being very unwise with the game plan employed. I think this has much more to do with his frustration and brain snaps than team performance

Some truth in that as my mail is he was the one that called a halt to Okon and his idiot 2ic. Made the powers to be know just how unprofessional they were. For that he deserves another season if true. He was a decent player just not a leader.

Big Al

Very blunt announcement. The hurt is still felt in that announcement. Not the usual thanks for your effort and time here and we wish them good luck. Very telling.

As for Hoole he just simply has another year on his contract and is better than most kids but needs so much work he will never be better than mediocre. Still was the only one who provided assists (not sure how:p)

Kennedy was good when the ball hit him. Anything outside a foot either side was a goal. The absolunson goal was the worst for me. He totally miss judged it and it would have smacked him in the face if it dipped a bit more. Very average keeper

Big Al

So Survived the cull for now. Not unhappy about any but not overly thrilled either

Golec - he fits the Mariners the way he handled the little girl he hit was class and I thought him and Baro where good together but not when one was without the other.

Pain - he is talented but very inconsistent. Wouldn’t have complained if cut but don’t mind him staying but can’t be the starting winger

Rowles - is young and has promise. Probably cheap and someone we can mould. Has a nice pass and linked well with Pain.

Melling - has guts and nice passing but error prone. Prefer him over L Rose

Insertnamehere

So Survived the cull for now. Not unhappy about any but not overly thrilled either

Golec - he fits the Mariners the way he handled the little girl he hit was class and I thought him and Baro where good together but not when one was without the other.

Pain - he is talented but very inconsistent. Wouldn’t have complained if cut but don’t mind him staying but can’t be the starting winger

Rowles - is young and has promise. Probably cheap and someone we can mould. Has a nice pass and linked well with Pain.

Melling - has guts and nice passing but error prone. Prefer him over L Rose
Personally would keep rose bud over Melling.
Pain has at times shown mariners fortitude but hasn't worked out he's a winger not a forward. (Just wide and on the defenders shoulder mate. Not hard)
As for Golec, to quote the Simpsons - you don't friends with salad. Wrong quote. One of us, one of us, one of us, one of us.
TBD on Rowles. Shown some metal but haven't seen enough if him.

Rowdy

Mariners need Hutcho back at the club as an assistant coach to restore the culture we had when we were successful. The players we have now are a bunch of dreamers and need to wake up.
He's the current Head Coach of MLS Club Seattle Sounders Reserves (which play in the 2nd Division under the MLS) , promoted from Assistant.

Why would he want to come back to what is essentially the tail end of a 'shit show' currently, only to have to work under someone ??
- would be a daft move for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred