• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

pjennings

To close the chapter on last season I need to focus on next season. Last night showed the challenge that Mike Mulvey will face for next season. Good luck Mike!!

Updated 16/4/2018 with Kennedy's extension
Updated 18/4/2018 with Storm's release
Updated 25/4/2018 with Golec's extension
Updated 27/4/2018 with Melling's extension
Updated 4/5/2018 with Trent's departure
Updated 7/5/2018 with Clisby's signing
Updated 8/5/2018 with Gamiero's signings
Updated 9/5/2018 with Rye and Connor's extensions
Updated 10/5/2018 with Matt Simon signing
Updated 14/5/2018 with Aspropotamitis signing
Updated 1/6/2018 with Wout's release
Updated 5/6/2018 with Baro's departure
Updated 7/6/2018 wuth Shabow's signing
Update 19/06/2018 with Pearce's extencion and Gauci signing.
Updated 26/06.2018 with WeeMac signing
Updated 28/6/2018 with Cisse's signing
Updated 13/7/2018 with the Kekeris signing
Updated 25/7/2018 with DDS loan
Updated 6/8/2018 with Macdonald and Murray signings
Updated 15/8/2018 with confirmation of the O'Neill loan
Updated 16/8/2018 with Millar's signing
Updated 20/9/2018 with McCormack and Oar signings
Updates 6/1/2019 with McCormack leaving
Updated 24/1/2019 with Karacan signing

Updated 29/12019 with Golec's mutual termination
Updated 30/1/2019 with Nisbet signing
Updated 30/1/2019 with Cisse's retirement
Updated 31/1/2019 with Graham and Mallon loan deals
Update 1/3/2019 with McGing's departure
Update 10/3/2019 with change of title
Updated 15/3/2019 with Macdonald's departure

2019 (18)

Aspropotamitis
Clisby
Gamiero
Graham
Hiariej
Hoole
Karacan
Kekeris (Scholarship so may not count to squad size)
Kennedy
Macdonald
Mallon
Millar
Murray
Nisbet
O'Neill
Pain
Pearce
Rowles

2020 - (6)

Gauci (Scholarship so may not count to squad size)
Melling
McGlinchey
Oar
Shabow
Simon

2021 - (1)

De Silva on loan for this season to SFC

23 signed for this season.

Last edited:

midfielder

PJ

That's 9 players less Roux who is rumoured to be going we have 8 players.

Included is 3 visa players,

Of the remaining eight players, maybe Berry only would struggle not to pick up a new club even if as a squad player.

Meaning I think we have a core of 7 players which 4, Baro, Brama, Hiariej, DDS would be starters in most teams, and Trent & McGing would get squad places.

He has our other players and many others around the country to pick up a squad. I honestly hope Matty S is not signed he is not what we need to rebuild.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I have mixed feelings about Baro. He's let too many goals through just being goddamned lazy.
Hoole....again. Either be good or shit. Pick one. Stop doing both.
Tom H is a must keep, but we also need an enforcer to help keep the core strong.
Brama's discipline is a concern.

Wombat

I think McGing is not good enough and a waste of a squad space but some moron signed him until 2020 FFS.
I would probably keep Rowles and Golec and probably keep Pain as solid cover for a starting 11 LW.
Hopefully Roux goes to Victory.

pjennings

PJ
He has our other players and many others around the country to pick up a squad. I honestly hope Matty S is not signed he is not what we need to rebuild.

I've thought about this for a while since Mike Mulvey said it to us during the week. I've always thought along the same line as you. However, a lot of that has to do with us playing 4-2-1-3. If we were to play with twin strikers - either as a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 he could be worth a shot - even if not a starter.

With our limited budget we are unlikely to get a quality striker can operate by himself. We have struggled like this for seasons. I think we need four strikers. Trent is one who offers a fast direct route to goal. Who do we get for the remainder? If we play twin strikers I think Matty can be one.

Insertnamehere

I think McGing is not good enough and a waste of a squad space but some moron signed him until 2020 FFS.
I would probably keep Rowles and Golec and probably keep Pain as solid cover for a starting 11 LW.
Hopefully Roux goes to Victory.
Mcging needs practice on his attacking. Nothing a few extra hours a week wouldn't improve.

finally retired

I've thought about this for a while since Mike Mulvey said it to us during the week. I've always thought along the same line as you. However, a lot of that has to do with us playing 4-2-1-3. If we were to play with twin strikers - either as a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 he could be worth a shot - even if not a starter.

With our limited budget we are unlikely to get a quality striker can operate by himself. We have struggled like this for seasons. I think we need four strikers. Trent is one who offers a fast direct route to goal. Who do we get for the remainder? If we play twin strikers I think Matty can be one.
CCU seemed to have an abundance of attackers and with speed.....the current Mariners could learn a lot from those guys..Sure...I know the standard is a little different, but CCU are playing at their own level and really put it in.....they wanted to be on thw field. our guys mostly didn't

FFC Mariner

Paz for CCMA is big and strong and a real #9. He plays that McBreen deeper role well and never loses a header.

Not able to lead the line as he doesnt have the pace but as a deep lying 9 in a 4411 we could do worse. Monty rates him highly by all accounts

yorkshireman

of those off contract, I'd look at Golec (with some kind of protection for the club after the injury), Pain ( possibly the only slight positive on Saturday night) and that's about it. I hope Storm goes to Victory as he has been woeful in defence this season and we can do better (have to assume some kind of player exchange if this rumour is to come true) and after a VERY disappointing season, I hope the rumours about DDS to Sydney come true and again we get a player transfer there too. You'd like to think that Mike would be interested in Wilko and even Boijs as they are being released from Sydney as this would help to sure up the defence. But god knows who he's likely to look at in attack. Krishna would be nice but he's just signed again at the Nux.
I know Monty has a few ideas on players from the English Championship/ex EPL so hopefully Mike will be more receptive than Okon was to hearing these options.
At the moment, things look bleak BUT, as already mentioned, at least MM isn't stuck in 2 minds about many resigns. 90% are a no brainer.

MagpieMariner

Totally agree if we get Matty back. I've said on numerous occasions (ad nauseum, if you like :p ) that Matty has done best with someone else beside him, e.g. Sasho or Macca. He even got a few with Dylan Mac.

Big Al

Leroy George and Adrian Mierzejewski were both under the cap at Victory and SFC this season. We need a pickup like these two

Big Al

Can we expect a few thanks for your time departure announcements this week or you think they hold off as MM might have different views?

Definitely expect Storm to be announced soon although they may wait until MV get knocked as not to upset there current squad

scottmac

Suspended
Leroy George and Adrian Mierzejewski were both under the cap at Victory and SFC this season. We need a pickup like these two
That's only because they have 2 players outside the cap. We could never fit a player like that in the cap floor

Gratis

Totally agree if we get Matty back. I've said on numerous occasions (ad nauseum, if you like :p ) that Matty has done best with someone else beside him, e.g. Sasho or Macca. He even got a few with Dylan Mac.
He was at his absolute best beside Ibini

Football nut

To close the chapter on last season I need to focus on next season. Last night showed the challenge that Mike Mulvey will face for next season. The saving grace for him is that he has at least 14 spaces to fill (with at least one of the below players rumoured to be moving on elsewhere). We have 0 GKs, 1 CB, 2 RBs, 3 CM, 1 CAM, 1 Winger and 1 CS/Winger. Good luck Mike!!

(2019) (7)

Baro
Berry
Brama
Buhagiar
Hiariej
Hoole
Roux

2020 - (2)

De Silva
McGing
Read somewhere Kennedy had something in is contract about a trigger to extend his contract if certain criteria was achieved. I believe this extension has been granted and he will be back next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami