• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Pirate Pete

As long as he limits those brain explosion moments yes
I wonder what % of the brain explosion v Roar was his frustration playing in a team coached by Okon.
Hopefully he'll come out with a different outlook next year. I posted some weeks ago that I wondered if he'd want to leave
rather than the Mariners force him out. I agree though. We can't let him go to another A league club.

nebakke

I think we've put too much on Brama tbh... I know he's a pro from a good league, but most players would struggle playing as part of a 3-man team against 11and I think he's done a bit of that in the second half of this season.
But I also think he's lifted after Paolo left... I noted him trying to organise players like Liam Rose and McGing quite a bit over the last couple of weeks and looking decidedly exasperated when they would make the exact mistake that he'd just chided them for, two minutes later. To me, his disciplinary problems seem to have started with our downward spiral, so I'm happy to chalk them up to frustration at this point. As I've already stated, I actually think we could do a helluva lot worse than Baro-Golec-His Hiariejness-Brama as a centralised grouping next season. As it stands they're probably the four most essential to hold on to if we're going to have any hope of tilting at the top-half of the league.

finally retired

In a reasonable team Brama will be very good.
when we were playing "reasonable football" both Wout and Tommy were on fire and made the team of the week..... Wout without Tommy and Tommy without Wout had too much pressure to perform and little support in the middle. I did not thing Melling was anywhere need their level and our overall team performances dropped a lot. I would be very keen to keep BOTH next season. Even at the tale end of the season Wout was still one of our best performers for me.

FFC Mariner

I wonder what % of the brain explosion v Roar was his frustration playing in a team coached by Okon.
Hopefully he'll come out with a different outlook next year. I posted some weeks ago that I wondered if he'd want to leave
rather than the Mariners force him out. I agree though. We can't let him go to another A league club.

The guy was brave enough to have his say about what was going on. Hopefully he stays

Josho Howe

Agreed that l would like Brama to stay, if we can get him playing in a solid DM role and then get Tom further up field into the 10 to use his great passing range, it could serve the team very well. I just hope both of them can stay fit. Hoping Tom stays injury free the whole season. I am just glad that we've now got a coach who has told us he won't be playing that boring FFA curriculum nonsense..

Gratis

I am just glad that we've now got a coach who has told us he won't be playing that boring FFA curriculum nonsense..
I'd just like to highlight this, agree heavily, repeat it and put it in bold
I am just glad that we've now got a coach who has told us he won't be playing that boring FFA curriculum nonsense...

pjennings

when we were playing "reasonable football" both Wout and Tommy were on fire and made the team of the week..... Wout without Tommy and Tommy without Wout had too much pressure to perform and little support in the middle. I did not thing Melling was anywhere need their level and our overall team performances dropped a lot. I would be very keen to keep BOTH next season. Even at the tale end of the season Wout was still one of our best performers for me.

Wout reminds me a lot of the role Jason Culina played in the NT. When he has Tom playing with him he just plays the simple stuff well and controls the tempo of the game. I'd want to keep both and probably look at someone better than Melling as the backup. When we lost one of the pair we rarely in the contest. We can't afford to have as many games as we did this year with our central midfield weakened.

Ozhammer

In Wout’s defence, he has not only had to adjust to Australian football, he then found himself carrying more team load than he would ever have had to in Holland. MM touched on how visa players need a season to adjust to the demands of the HAL and I would wager we will see more from him in the coming campaign.

I spoke with Lachie Wales after the game that ‘can never be mentioned again’ and he was utterly and completely devastated. I asked him how hard the step up to first team football had been and he said very tough. Plus he had played something like 50 games this year, so is physically and mentally fatigued and needs a break to recharge. Assuming that MM sees enough in him and he gets to do the whole pre-season with the team, I think we will see much more from him.

I am also hoping that Berry will be given a proper chance to show what he can do after the way he was treated by Arsehat 1 & 2. That kid shines in training every week from what I hear and conducts himself with such dignity whenever you speak to him that he deserves better. He was also NOT part of the drinking club, so showed another bit of good character there too.

With regard to the strength and conditioning position, I am hearing that MM has an ex-EPL guy lined up to come in, so definitely an upgrade there by the sound of it. This is one area that MM absolutely had to get right, as we will need to be amongst the fittest of the HAL teams, if we are to trulycompete with a limited roster.

On the recruiting front, I am hearing that Glory have let Joey Mills go, so if I were MM, I’d be having coffee with his agent this week, as good left backs are few and far between. I would also be speaking to Jared Tyson’s agent, as he would at least provide BK with some proper competition for the keeping spot.

Coastalraider

In Wout’s defence, he has not only had to adjust to Australian football, he then found himself carrying more team load than he would ever have had to in Holland. MM touched on how visa players need a season to adjust to the demands of the HAL and I would wager we will see more from him in the coming campaign.

I spoke with Lachie Wales after the game that ‘can never be mentioned again’ and he was utterly and completely devastated. I asked him how hard the step up to first team football had been and he said very tough. Plus he had played something like 50 games this year, so is physically and mentally fatigued and needs a break to recharge. Assuming that MM sees enough in him and he gets to do the whole pre-season with the team, I think we will see much more from him.

I am also hoping that Berry will be given a proper chance to show what he can do after the way he was treated by Arsehat 1 & 2. That kid shines in training every week from what I hear and conducts himself with such dignity whenever you speak to him that he deserves better. He was also NOT part of the drinking club, so showed another bit of good character there too.

With regard to the strength and conditioning position, I am hearing that MM has an ex-EPL guy lined up to come in, so definitely an upgrade there by the sound of it. This is one area that MM absolutely had to get right, as we will need to be amongst the fittest of the HAL teams, if we are to trulycompete with a limited roster.

On the recruiting front, I am hearing that Glory have let Joey Mills go, so if I were MM, I’d be having coffee with his agent this week, as good left backs are few and far between. I would also be speaking to Jared Tyson’s agent, as he would at least provide BK with some proper competition for the keeping spot.

All good points, but Jared Tyson signed with South Melbourne yesterday.

It will be interesting to see if Berry does ever take the next step, his junior career apparently was very promising.

localpom

All good points, but Jared Tyson signed with South Melbourne yesterday.

It will be interesting to see if Berry does ever take the next step, his junior career apparently was very promising.
I like Berry and he hasn't been given much chance yet. Toughest thing will be competition for that DM spot if Wout and Tommy remain.

Big Al

I think Berry has been pretty good in his limited chances and we signed him for a few years so the lack of chances puzzles me. He should of been on Sully’s team sheets but there is a reason he gone to.

Did Wales jump Berry?

Just shows a lack of direction from the club. Signing TBT and Berry and not giving them opportunity. Ok TBT had some and really was disappointing last year and early this year but once Appiah left and the spot was his he progressed. Could have an attitude problem to competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred