• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

LFCMariners

Skapetis wasn't given much of a chance but looked good from the little we saw of him. I'm surprised at that. Agree that Hoole's attitude should have seen him joining the list of expulsions and BK should have been axed as well.

marinermick

Am I the only one that doesn't get the Skapetis love?

He had his chances but to me looked slow and immobile. Wanted to be a nine but was easily marked out of the game.

true believer

I've thought about this for a while since Mike Mulvey said it to us during the week. I've always thought along the same line as you. However, a lot of that has to do with us playing 4-2-1-3. If we were to play with twin strikers - either as a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 he could be worth a shot - even if not a starter.

With our limited budget we are unlikely to get a quality striker can operate by himself. We have struggled like this for seasons. I think we need four strikers. Trent is one who offers a fast direct route to goal. Who do we get for the remainder? If we play twin strikers I think Matty can be one.
I still think we need to get a guy from english league 1 or 2. 28 , 3 kids and after a sea change A big bastard and a 4 year contract . Send monty with a check book .
We need a coach for striking and free kicks . Perferably an angry argintinian or uriguayian .
Thats the money ball solution

Rowdy

Does this imply that those still under contract are safe, or could we still see further cuts?
Definetly NOT !! , I'm led to believe.

If you read the club statement it said:

"The following list of players remain contracted to the Central Coast Mariners Football Club.

Central Coast Mariners: 1.Ben KENNEDY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 10.Danny De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 20.Adam PEARCE, 21.Kye ROWLES, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Wout BRAMA"

There's a reason it DOESN'T say "for the 2018/19 Season"

Some, NOT all, have the following 4 weeks (31st May contracts officially expire) to convince Mulvey that they should be retained or given new deals.

Don't think that it's just players like Melling for example, who's contract expires on that date.

Having x2 Dutch DMidfielders on serious coin may be x1 more than what Mulvey would prefer.
..... I wouldn't be surprised if Brama is told that 'the holiday is over', ie that 'you're not a part of my plans for taking the club forward' ;)

true believer

For a number of years I played in a very successful team.... and as always there was a turn over of players year to year with a solid core of about 8 players.

Two of our players coaches at lower levels in the NSL and played for teams like Apia [before the NSL].

Anywho there was a two year stint when the change over players were not as strong as those that left.

We played a 5 - 3 - 1 - 1 .... or 5 - 3 - 2.

The two outside backs ran there backsides off and with unlimited interchange there were four of us that simply ran all day.

The key element was to protect the centre of the park from the edge of the circle on the halfway to the goal .... it worked a charm and I do wonder if it could work for us...
Some of you have far superior technical knowledge of football than and old league bofhead like me
But i think mulvey should play what he see's . If okon adapted when plan A failed we wouldn't have been humiliated

Rowdy

Am I the only one that doesn't get the Skapetis love?

He had his chances but to me looked slow and immobile. Wanted to be a nine but was easily marked out of the game.

NO love lost from me .... or many others I here:

When 'multiple' fellow team mates ALL have a spare room at their place for him to move into BUT they ALL refuse to let him live with them, speaks volumes ;)

The rumours that he had an overblown attitude whilst at Brisbane prior to him coming to us proved correct.

Okon was the primary motivator in wanting him (from working with him at Olyroo's) & vice versa of Skapetis making the deccision to bail on The Roar so quickly.

By all accounts he was the one player of the playing group most devo'd at Okon's departure, which NOW stands to reason. :cool:

greenlig

Rowdy mate where do you get all your info!! I love hearing all these whispers, keeps things interesting for us far-flung fans :)

Josho Howe

Brama was the one l was most excited about having at the club but was a massive disappointment. I expected more from someone who had won the Eredivisie. Tom is the much better player for me and if we had to keep one, it would have to be Tom.

Josho Howe

That tackle against Gameiro was just plain stupid and meant he was suspended at a vital part of our season. Our biggest loss all season was when Tom was out. Easily the most vital part of the side and by far and away our best player.

Insertnamehere

Definetly NOT !! , I'm led to believe.

If you read the club statement it said:

"The following list of players remain contracted to the Central Coast Mariners Football Club.

Central Coast Mariners: 1.Ben KENNEDY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 10.Danny De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 20.Adam PEARCE, 21.Kye ROWLES, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Wout BRAMA"

There's a reason it DOESN'T say "for the 2018/19 Season"

Some, NOT all, have the following 4 weeks (31st May contracts officially expire) to convince Mulvey that they should be retained or given new deals.

Don't think that it's just players like Melling for example, who's contract expires on that date.

Having x2 Dutch DMidfielders on serious coin may be x1 more than what Mulvey would prefer.
..... I wouldn't be surprised if Brama is told that 'the holiday is over', ie that 'you're not a part of my plans for taking the club forward' ;)
Or you alter their roles to make better use.
Tommy gun was better in a free role whereas wout may be used in that holding role. Makes better use of the expensive resources. Unless you get a tidy transfer fee in the mid to high 000s of thousands.

Rowdy

Screenshot_2018-04-18-17-23-51-1.png
to continue on,
- those 'outside factors' = outside of the Central Coast
.... to be specific Wollongong !!

As that was where Glover has chosen to live this entire season, travelling 3 hrs up & 3 hrs back to his family's home for each training session.

How & Why this was allowed to happen beggars my fcuk'n belief !! :headbutt:

Then again ?
..... Okon living in Sydney makes it look hypocritical of him to demand it of Glover (which imo, he SHOULD HAVE, regardless of his own situation, you're the Coach - you're in charge !)

Ok, the kid did a 3 year (2014-17) apprenticeship in London, which is a considerable amount of time to be away from your fam, seeing them very sporadically etc, BUT now you're a 20yo & 'you want to be professional Footballer' ??
- for mine, this is not the way to achieve it !

Rowdy

All of ⬆THIS just =
a) a clear lack of commitment, which =

b) Ben Kenedy faced no real competition for the #1 GK position
- which ultimately made the 18 game clause an easily achievable task

nebakke

Also again, tbf it's not like Kennedy's been complete shite all season, he's kept us in it more than once. For all the shit from him on the weekend i still reckon he's a fair way from s1 Izzo and Pasfield tbh.

MrCelery

No mention of Lachlan Wales anywhere. Is that because he's off contract? Not showing on the Clubs Senior or Youth squads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred