• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

Shaun Mielekamp

Hi everyone, whilst this was posted on the members page I thought it would sound to post here also:

After a great result last night it was a shame that the weather ended some great celebrations that were about to take place.

In regards to players contract negotiations it is important to know that out of respect for the players their families and any other clubs that may or may not be involved that until things are fully finalised and every avenue explored it is impossible and reckless to make public any assumptions on what the outcomes may or may not be.

I can assure you that the moment there is a definitive position the first place you will hear that will be via the club's official channels.

The club is still in regular conversation with all players and their representatives, many of these are moving in a very positive direction for everyone.

There does remain the reality that we still do not know what our full budget is for next year with the impending decision from the FFA on the grant still to be determined which has a direct affect on the salary cap parameters for next season.

We can confirm that there a several players who have been told that until we know the budget then we cannot make a rushed decision about their future with the club as much as we would like to either way.

The truth is that the future for many is still unknown and we appreciate everyone's understanding at the current situation.

The priority has been the season at hand and the passion showed by the boys reflected how important last nights win was. Whilst we know that members want to know right now all we can ask is that there is some patience to ensure every player has the best outcome for themselves and also ensures that the planning and structure for our clubs next season is done right.

When we know 100% then you will know 100% until then things are still flexible either way.

Atomic

We all understand. It's unfortunate though, when a player's mum posts a message on his instagram account saying that he wont be at the club next year, especially when that player is Monty, who I consider to be the heart and soul of the team.

Timmah

A club can do everything in it's power to control the message but sometimes that sort of stuff is beyond their reach. Sucks, but sad reality.

shipwreck

This TV rights salary cap issue is f**king up recruiting and retention at a very alarming level. FFA sort your shit out.

pjennings

Happy to lose Faty, Fab and Tav. Roy will be a shame and he'll cop it at the derbies. Izzo is also a shame.

Fab with residency now makes him a much more attractive option. Faty and Tav going, Monty and Fab with citizenship/residency will only leave Roy as a visa player if we can hang onto him.

JoyfulPenguin

Kwame Yeboah comes off contract for Borussia Monchengladbach at the end of this year, Paolo has had contact with him before and with Roy seemingly gone having Bingham and him fight it out for the starting striking spot would be a great idea. Has scored 8 goals in 22 games in the German third division this year.

Pirate Pete

Fab with residency now makes him a much more attractive option. Faty and Tav going, Monty and Fab with citizenship/residency will only leave Roy as a visa player if we can hang onto him.

Sorry, but have I missed some news about Fab? Does he now count as non visa because he's been in Aus for a while?
As far as I'm aware he didn't take out citizenship. Shaun was on the radio a while back talking about Monty becoming an Aussie.
When asked about Fab, the replay was something like... "uh, um, I don't know what he's doing".
Which seemed a bit strange to me that the club didn't know one way or the other.

JoyfulPenguin

Sorry, but have I missed some news about Fab? Does he now count as non visa because he's been in Aus for a while?
As far as I'm aware he didn't take out citizenship. Shaun was on the radio a while back talking about Monty becoming an Aussie.
When asked about Fab, the replay was something like... "uh, um, I don't know what he's doing".
Which seemed a bit strange to me that the club didn't know one way or the other.
Simon Hill initially said on TV that he was still a visa player, few minutes later he seemed to receive a message and said that he is no longer one.

VicMariner

*Groan* No Monty next season?? :(
How do we replace him?

This TV rights salary cap issue is f**king up recruiting and retention at a very alarming level. FFA sort your shit out.
FFA have been on a downward spiral for years. I don't understand those clowns at all.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Could be that the comment meant something different to what it sounded (as others have suggested).
Could be that she thought he was retiring/leaving and he isn't - or is undecided.

Those are best case scenarios
It could be that he has decided to leave and hasn't confirmed with the club yet.

As I said, number of possibilities. Unfair to accuse the club of deceit. The way Shaun has been talking about/to Monty lately wouldn't make sense if he knew he was leaving. If Shaun was keeping that from us I can't see why he'd be talking about him the way he has been - he simply wouldn't be volunteering/making up that information at all. So I find intentional club deceit to be the least likely scenario here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred