• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

Forum Phoenix

Possession based...national curriculum...modern game...

I'm not opposed, but in attack all I see in our future is variants on 433 and 4231.

JoyfulPenguin

Storm Roux re-signing by Joel Fruci for Outside 90 (Another copy of the Club's Interview):
http://outside90.com/storm-roux-inks-new-central-coast-mariners-contract-905/

ADELAIDE SET TO LOSE TWO BIG STARS?

Adelaide United are in danger of losing two of their biggest off-contract stars as talk continues about the future of Sergio Cirio and Eugene Galekovic.

The Adelaide Advertiser’s Val Migliaccio tweeted on Wednesday Cirio is close to signing a shock deal with Central Coast Mariners, while Galekovic is no closer to agreeing a deal with the Reds.

“Word is Sergio Cirio is close to signing a contract with Central Coast Mariners for the new season,” Migliaccio tweeted.

Migliaccio further intimated that the uncertainty over coach Gui Amor’s future beyond this season is a possible reason for players seeking deals elsewhere.
https://twitter.com/Val61

Adelaide have been linked with signing Central Coast goalkeeper Paul Izzo, who started out with the club but left after failing to break into the side over captain Galekovic.

With just two games of the season remaining, Galekovic admitted he hasn’t even spoken to the club over the potential of a new deal.

“The club hasn’t talked to me so I’m not sure where they’re headed,” Galekovic said. “I’ll give everything for this club while I’m here ... I’ve been here for a long time because I want to be here.

“But it works both ways. The club has to want the player and the player has to want to stay.”

ROUX RE-SIGNS WITH CENTRAL COAST — AAP

Storm Roux has survived a looming clean-out at the struggling Central Coast, signing a two-year contract extension with the A-League club.

The 24-year-old defender will remain at the Mariners until at least the end of the 2018-19 Season.

New Zealand international Roux, who has stood in for the injured Nick Montgomery as captain this season, has backed coach Paul Okon’s plan to bring new faces into the club.

“Paolo (Okon) has come in this season and given our team direction and he’s a coach that I want to play for,” Roux said.

“Paolo will have a full pre-season under his belt, bring in the players he wants and we will compete. All the boys in this team feel as though we are building towards something.”

Roux has had an up-and-down 83-game stint with the last-placed Mariners since joining in 2013 when the club finished third under Graham Arnold. The club has since struggled, and he suffered a horrific triple injury - a broke leg, damaged ankle and dislocated shoulder - in February last year before recovering to be one of their most consistent players this season.

Masterfood's Quality Sauce: http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...e/news-story/ca77d69a023d8e631fb03207b7d71102

Big Al

Reds fans want to keep Cirio but also mentioned he's a chance of turning Aussie if he wanted to. Been here since the 13-14 season (4 years) and apparently wife loves it here (if she likes Adelaide she'll love it here).

Wikipedia has him for 90 odd games for 19 goals

They also said has been played in different positions to much and should have been left on the wing but can play anywhere on the front 4.

I think Gombau used to use him off the bench a bit for a season (think it was him)

JoyfulPenguin

Huh? We finished second in 2013 - just missing out on first.
Finished third the next year - on goal diff.

Isn't that how it went?
Apologies my brain was in low gear (had been working all night). As being previously a Heart fan I didn't know the ladder went higher.

Big Al

On the podcast Shaun denied that they had made any sort of offer to him and it was just his agent trying to get a better deal for him at Newcastle/elsewhere.
I saw it more as hasn't offered a contract but had definitely talked. He said its about how many keepers we go with.

The agent smack down was more about the agent saying it was a done deal.

I believe he is a strong chance of being here unless the agent has blown it

pjennings

I saw it more as hasn't offered a contract but had definitely talked. He said its about how many keepers we go with.

The agent smack down was more about the agent saying it was a done deal.

I believe he is a strong chance of being here unless the agent has blown it

That's the way I read it. Then with Pearce being announced soon after I am reading that we now are going with three keepers. I don't think Pearce is HAL level yet but is there for the full time training.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred