• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

James Holland is the most despicable sub human Scum ever.

cruiser

Holland has caused the greatest tragedy ever to befall our club with his illegal action. He should be run out of the Coast, chased off to that slag heap called Newcastle. Our hatred for him should be eternal.

Omni

greenpoint said:
Nice one, marconigirl.

Are there any referees on this forum? I am wondering what somebody with a stronger grasp than I of the laws regarding handballs thinks about the Holland (in)decision. 

Does the fact that a handball allegedly happened in the penalty area (rather than, say, out near the centre circle) influence a referee's decision whether or not to award a handball?

With respect to the Dunkerly clan, I disagree with their conclusion.

A good referee makes the same decision any position on the park, the only thing that may change is what colour card you produce, apart from that the laws say nothing and as such you do nothing differently.

kevrenor

Omni said:
greenpoint said:
Nice one, marconigirl.

Are there any referees on this forum? I am wondering what somebody with a stronger grasp than I of the laws regarding handballs thinks about the Holland (in)decision. 

Does the fact that a handball allegedly happened in the penalty area (rather than, say, out near the centre circle) influence a referee's decision whether or not to award a handball?

A good referee makes the same decision any position on the park, the only thing that may change is what colour card you produce, apart from that the laws say nothing and as such you do nothing differently.
Lol, but we weren't talking about good referees ... and we talked about the influence it might have (not should have).

tyson

jaypee said:
password said:
in Australia the premiers plate means nothing (waits for ppl to say how it does in europe so it should here) we are in Australia and the champions are the one who wins the GF... and hutcho and co have never one it in 2 attempts!

FACT!

Umm and thats why its an automatic ACL spot - Tosser - you won - yes - but wait until your teams ripped apart in the next month - you'll finish last next year

(BTW - I know Stuart M is about to leave - forget what you read!!!)

i doubt any club would want the apparent drug dealer.

Omni

kevrenor said:
Omni said:
greenpoint said:
Nice one, marconigirl.

Lol, but we weren't talking about good referees ... and we talked about the influence it might have (not should have).

I still don't know if I agree, I know I don't make a decision based on any factor other than the foul (or non-foul), so I can only speak for myself, I'm sure some referees do that though. It's clear it didn't for Shield given he said no, surely a no is always a no.

Accustoms

What handball, didnt touch his hand. But it did touch a mariners hand on the way down to holland. Have a close look. Either way, if in doubt no dottie.

Also the 3 pens that were awarded the week before should never have been given.

What time was the corner taken...94 mins and how many seconds. There should never have been a corner in the first place as 93 mins was up.

Omni

You are aware that handball goes from the shoulder to the finger tips right?

Idiot.

marconigirl

Accustoms said:
What handball, didnt touch his hand. But it did touch a mariners hand on the way down to holland. Have a close look. Either way, if in doubt no dottie.

What time was the corner taken...94 mins and how many seconds. There should never have been a corner in the first place as 93 mins was up.

They said AT LEAST 3 minutes...

tyson

fool. the 3 minutes given to us is merely a guide for the minimum amount of stoppage. your players flopping to the ground with cramps and what not do add to that 3 minute guide.

i may be wrong, but isnt it the benefit of the doubt for the attacking side? or is that different with penalties?

as for the 3 penalties last week... who gives a shit? your team scored more goals and won, and your penalty was easily the most dubious of the 3, as Ognenovski clearly got the ball before Song flopped over his knee and threw his arms out, while Lynch (was it?) would have had a clear volley into the goals had his grounded foot not been kicked from under him by D'appuzzo, and Zullo was clearly pulled to the ground by his shirt.

skilbeck

Accustoms said:

your f**king kidding me on all 3 points arent you?

Accustoms

skilbeck said:
Accustoms said:

your f**king kidding me on all 3 points arent you?
On 2.......Well done
The whistle rarely goes past the alotted 93 mins no mater what game it is or if its the MIN time.

fedelta

0,,5904556,00.jpg

By David Davutovic

February 24, 2008 12:00am

THIS picture reveals just how close Newcastle's James Holland came to joining the Central Coast Mariners this season.

Holland, one of the brightest prospects in Australian soccer, already had his name and No21 printed on the back of the Mariners shirt for the 2007-08 season.

:vomit: :vomit:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

tyson said:
i may be wrong, but isnt it the benefit of the doubt for the attacking side? or is that different with penalties?
In terms of offside it is.  In terms of, penalties or even whether or not the ball goes in the goal (you know, those close goal line decisions), the benefit goes to the defence.  Basically, in either case, if you're no 100% sure of something, the decision is 'play on'

As for the 3 penalties.....they're all highly controversial.  It's almost unanimous that the first shouldn't have been given, but there's a lot of debate over the others.

I don't know why Accustoms is whinging about them though.  Considering there were at least 2 missed penalties on Aloisi (one of which should've been a red card to the jets), plus the handball (if you think it touched a mariner's hand first you need to get a job as Shield's guide dog because you're clearly as blind as he is).

bjw

bjw
taylor said:
0,,5904556,00.jpg

By David Davutovic

February 24, 2008 12:00am

THIS picture reveals just how close Newcastle's James Holland came to joining the Central Coast Mariners this season.

Holland, one of the brightest prospects in Australian soccer, already had his name and No21 printed on the back of the Mariners shirt for the 2007-08 season.

:vomit: :vomit:

we should burn that f.ucking jersey.

Hey marinators,

you guys are all jealous of us winning the Grand Final.

hutcho, aloisi and petrovski are cockheads and you all know it.

Jaza_SFC

To be fair, both Hutchinson and Petrovski are wankers.

Holland did the right thing for his career. Was an absolute carnt about it to CCM, so you can all hate away, but definitely a good career move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred