• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2009/10 HAL Season

Kareem

lol guys
u think we are going to get an improvement on Heff?
I mean by all means- we will attempt to do so.
But i am preparing myself for the very possible fact that we will be like most of the comp, and have a LB not as good...

scottmac

Suspended
Kareem said:
lol guys
But i am preparing myself for the very possible fact that we will be like most of the comp, and have a LB not as good...

Ok........whatever.

Did you know Wee Mac existed before we looked at him? No?

cbowden9000

I was in Malta during the off season and my Cousin who manages Qormi FC is friends with ex-Coventry striker and Maltese international Michael Mifsud. Apparently Lawrie contacted Mifsud about playing for us, but for whatever reason Mifsud only wanted to play internationals this season. If any of you have been watching Hutch's Malta games, you'd know who he is.

He certainly has some talent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIIDHORX7rs

If they're still in contact, maybe we can sign "The Maltese Mosquito" during the January transfer window?

pjennings

marinermick said:
elevated position said:
Is cassio signed up with adelaide? good replacement for heff

i think shannon cole would be a better one

on and off in thre starting eleven for sydney and doesn't he come off contract at the end of the season?

After seeing him tonight - NOOOOOOO!!!!

Kareem

scottmac said:
Kareem said:
lol guys

Ok........whatever.

Did you know Wee Mac existed before we looked at him? No?
lol man
think about it...
WeeMac was a very very very Good piece of business!
LB's are that bit harder...and like I said in my post (people should concentrate in the content of my posts not who is posting before good ole Kareem bashing)- we will attempt to find a better LB-that is the logical recruitment policy...I just find it laughable everyone thinks finding a LB will be that easy.
I'm sure WeeMac wasnt that Easy to find. I am sure McKinna pulled out all the stops for him (adding to the great sense of timing in this stage of his career...)
NB: It's true, I am somewhat inadvertently praising McKinna...Shock Horror :p

elevated position

If you watched LM on the World Game  I got a glimpesin to his mind. He virtually told Foster (and the world) that he (and most) did play hoof and attack football for the first 4 yrs but the current version is getting a "little" more sophisticated with how to play and that it is still a young comp but improving. Now at that he made Foster have to sit on his hands and by his silence showed (1) he acknowledges the improving situation (2) When confronted has nothing to say (3) can only pontificate about  teams with Billion Dollar budgets.
Now saying that it gets back to why would LM let Heff go if there was not something on the boil.
Heart like every one else has only 2+ million to play with so like the GC there must and will be a lot of min paid players and like the GC will be beatable.

Wombat

Heff is not that good Kareem.

Good engine and attack minded and reasonable in defence.

On the other side of the ledger....poor passer, poor first touch, doesn't mark up and can been skinned by pace.

I'd like to see him stay but he won't be hard to replace if we look overseas.

dibo

...with sometimes comical decisions on when and how to tackle and is deeply flappable - as I joked earlier in the year when against the Jets it seemed all they had to do was run at him going 'ooga booga' and he'd cough up the ball.

He's better some days than others, but he's certainly not a centre back that i'd be building a team around.

Deej

Wombat said:
Heff is not that good Kareem.

Given the salary cap I personally do not believe he's worth the reported salary he'll be earning, 30 years old, some may argue he's past his best, his departure will free up a six figure salary for someone anyway!

I actually agree with wombat, poor passer and first touch can really let him down but he does have a good engine and creates options with his attacking play.

Scott Chipperfield could be an option depending on whether he's ready to come back after the world cup?  Also depends on whether we could afford him.

Jaza_SFC

Deej said:
Scott Chipperfield could be an option depending on whether he's ready to come back after the world cup?  Also depends on whether we could afford him.

Recent interview said he's likely to retire post-WC and stay in Europe with his wife.

Wombat

I'd love Chipperfield.  He is a quality Footballer.

Bring his missis out and buy her a nice beachfront at Avoca Beach...then everyone's happy.

Wombat

Sorry I ment Chippers to buy it not us!
He would be set after all those years in europe earning good coin..........time to enjoy some sun.

pjennings

From the Express Advocate

The Mariners farewell David DApuzzo this week, in a mutual release. DApuzzo played 10 A-League games for the Central Coast in the past two seasons. His place in the full-time squad will be taken by National Youth League captain Panni Nikas.

Apparently to concentrate on his Uni studies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred