• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2009/10 HAL Season

Forum Phoenix

Thought this should be posted here...

AUSTRALIA NEWS
Mariners Snap Up 16 Year Old

Jan 12 2010 16:18
Get more on: mustafa | amini | central | coast | mariners | ais | aleagie

CENTRAL Coast Mariners have signed 16 year old Australian Institute of Sport's Mustafa Amini on a senior contract tying him to Bluetongue Stadium for two seasons.

The teenager has impressed enough during this season's National Youth League campaign with the Canberra based side to become the youngest player ever to earn a senior A-League contract with the yellow and navy.

"Mustafa is such an exciting youngster who has been very impressive for the AIS this season, and we are delighted to have secured his services for the next two seasons, as we look to continue to mould our squad with the right mix of youth and experience," said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

Amini, a creative central midfielder at home virtually anywhere on the park, will turn 17 in April, and has been earmarked by AIS and Qantas Young Socceroos head coach Jan Versleijen as one of the local game's brighter prospects. He will complete the season with the AIS before linking up with his new teammates in the off-season.

"We saw him when he played against our boys at Seymour Shaw, it was a draw and we had a very strong team out that day but he was outstanding. He dictated play and made things happen," said Mariners manager Lawrie McKinna.

"Since then we've watched him in a few games, and Jan, Gary Van Egmond and Han Berger, everybody in the national coaching panel highly recommend this boy and think he's something special.

"He's only 16 but he's an outstanding talent and has a huge future. It's these special ones we need to try to get at an early age.

"He's in a full time environment at the Institute, but he's a Sydney boy and his mum and dad were very keen to get him up here, it's a very tight knit family.

"For him to be on the Coast for the next two years at least is great for him and it shows, it doesn't matter how old you are, if you're good enough, you're old enough."

Amini joins the ever-growing list of Blacktown City products to link up with the yellow and navy, having risen through the Demons' junior ranks before winning a scholarship at the Institute.

"It's a great accomplishment and I'm very happy. It's the biggest highlight of my career so far, and to be noticed at the AIS, especially as one of the younger players is fantastic," said Amini.

"I just want to do well in pre-season, hopefully work toward a spot on the bench, and then play A-League for the Mariners before the end of the season. I just hope I can repay the faith Lawrie has shown in me by signing an A-League deal at 16.

"(Jan Versleijen and Gary Van Egmond) have helped me a lot in the year I've been here, so I have to thank them as well."

Well I'm excited.
:popcorn:

tsd

You gotta think that scoring a goal in a cup qualifier makes you a chance for the world cup squad.  I think Heff HAS to go overseas ASAP.  I wonder if any of our partnership clubs would give him a run? 

mariners4ever

tsd said:
You gotta think that scoring a goal in a cup qualifier makes you a chance for the world cup squad.  I think Heff HAS to go overseas ASAP.  I wonder if any of our partnership clubs would give him a run? 

possibly, although a visa would be a problem, whereas countries like germany and turkey are easier to get visas

scottmac said:
marinermick said:
Brown finally gets his work visa and clearance

Awesome! NYL this week?

yes was stated on lawries twitter that brown will play in the youth on friday

MagpieMariner

tsd said:
Wish I'd seen that goal. Son-in-law, who did, say the look on Archie's face was priceless - apparently it was Archie's goal & Heff took it off him.

FFC Mariner

Only time Archie got remotely close in the whole game.

He would probably have missed it if Heff hadnt got there 1st anyway.

Wombat

tsd said:

He is nowhere near good enough to get a start at Sheff Utd.  He would be good enough for some League one or two sides and would make more money there than Heart.

Wombat

Sounds exactly what we need.
Him and Panni and Travis, Weemac and Hutch sounds like a pretty strong midfield in 12-18mths time.

Paolo

Wombat said:
tsd said:

He is nowhere near good enough to get a start at Sheff Utd.  He would be good enough for some League one or two sides and would make more money there than Heart.
Tis lucky he suggested that maybe one of the 'partnership' clubs would give him a run rather then sheff utd themselves ;)

Ie. Chegndu Blades, Ferencvaros or White Star Woluwe

Jesus

Jesus
FFC Mariner said:
Only time Archie got remotely close in the whole game.

He would probably have missed it if Heff hadnt got there 1st anyway.

Heff showed how poor a striker archie is by being in a far greater position as well as having far better reaction times.

jetsfan

Just read on foxsports that McBreen has gone to perth for the rest of the season. Bit of a surprise the mariners didnt try to get him early??

midfielder

Forum Phoenix said:
Thought this should be posted here...

AUSTRALIA NEWS
Mariners Snap Up 16 Year Old

Jan 12 2010 16:18
Get more on: mustafa | amini | central | coast | mariners | ais | aleagie

CENTRAL Coast Mariners have signed 16 year old Australian Institute of Sport's Mustafa Amini on a senior contract tying him to Bluetongue Stadium for two seasons.

The teenager has impressed enough during this season's National Youth League campaign with the Canberra based side to become the youngest player ever to earn a senior A-League contract with the yellow and navy.

"well I'm excited.
:popcorn:

He sounds an excellent new memember hopefully he gets on the first team quickly..

Wheresdadspants?

jetsfan said:
Just read on foxsports that McBreen has gone to perth for the rest of the season. Bit of a surprise the mariners didnt try to get him early??

Fury swapped him for Jimmy Downey as part of the deal. Good swap considering McBreen is here next season. So Perth let Downey and Dadi go but pick up McBreen......go figure.

Razorback

Wheresdadspants? said:
jetsfan said:

Fury swapped him for Jimmy Downey as part of the deal. Good swap considering McBreen is here next season. So Perth let Downey and Dadi go but pick up McBreen......go figure.

We already have 2 tall strikers that miss gimme's... Dont really need another one till Macca gets the boot! I'm a Mariners fan who is also MASSIVELY underwhelmed! 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami