• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2009/10 HAL Season

Ben

pjennings said:
From the Express Advocate

The Mariners farewell David D’Apuzzo this week, in a mutual release. D’Apuzzo played 10 A-League games for the Central Coast in the past two seasons. His place in the full-time squad will be taken by National Youth League captain Panni Nikas.

Apparently to concentrate on his Uni studies.
thats suprising, there goes my theory that he would replace heff. good news for panni though

Forum Phoenix

Good luck to him. Maybe his heart isn't in football. Thats cool.

BIG NEWS is that Panni is now in the senior squad!
Great news!
With McBreen, the Welsh lad and our Yoof - next seasons squad is already looking decent, though I'd really like to be retaining Travis in that equation.

marinermick

Ben said:
pjennings said:

The Mariners farewell David D’Apuzzo this week, in a mutual release. D’Apuzzo played 10 A-League games for the Central Coast in the past two seasons. His place in the full-time squad will be taken by National Youth League captain Panni Nikas.

thats suprising, there goes my theory that he would replace heff. good news for panni though

even more surprising in that uni is finished for this year and doesn't start up again until late february/march

bulldogmariner

marinermick said:
Ben said:
pjennings said:

even more surprising in that uni is finished for this year and doesn't start up again until late february/march
Maybe he was told he wasnt wanted for next season and they decided he could make way for Panni to join senior squad without adding to squad numbers as they are keeping positions available for trialists etc

MARSHP1

Good to see next years squad taking shape already.I really see this year as a bit of a transition year, although we have done well and with a bit of luck can go all the way.

dibo

If we had room in the cap (which I believe we did) then maybe what's happened is they've put a rule under this year with:

* releasing D'Appuzzo (which I imagine would have involved paying out his contract)
* signing Brown
* upgrading Nikas on to a full-time deal.

That probably uses up the rest of the cap, fills the squad and has us set to go for the finals.

kevrenor

marinermick said:
Ben said:
pjennings said:

The Mariners farewell David DApuzzo this week, in a mutual release. DApuzzo played 10 A-League games for the Central Coast in the past two seasons. His place in the full-time squad will be taken by National Youth League captain Panni Nikas.

Summer 'school' to catch up ..my daughter did that last summer ... odd though .. still happy to have Panni on board (now to give him some time off the bench)

Jaza_SFC

dibo said:
If we had room in the cap (which I believe we did) then maybe what's happened is they've put a rule under this year with:

* releasing D'Appuzzo (which I imagine would have involved paying out his contract)
* signing Brown
* upgrading Nikas on to a full-time deal.

That probably uses up the rest of the cap, fills the squad and has us set to go for the finals.

They probably came to a mutually agreeable situation with his deal termination. Rather than train (and presumably travel from Syd every day?) for no game time, they pay something like 50% in a lump sum.

kevrenor

elevated position said:
Wonder if Panni is on a 2 yr contract (I hope so to keep the heart and rovers at bay)

Tuesday, 8 December

Nikas earns senior deal

Central Coast Mariners National Youth League Captain Panny Nikas has today been rewarded for a stellar season to date, with a full-time deal at the club until the end of the season.

Its a double dose of good news for the club heading into Saturday nights home match against Melbourne Victory at Bluetongue Stadium, following the news Daniel McBreen will join the club from North Queensland Fury for two seasons from 2010/11.

Nikas, who has scored eight goals in 10 matches this season, will join Lawrie McKinnas first team squad for the remainder of the Hyundai A-League 2009/10 campaign, and will be available for selection for this Saturdays Round 18 clash against Melbourne Victory at Bluetongue Stadium.

Our National Youth League side is sitting on top of the ladder after 14 rounds and Panny has been a big part of its success, said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

This opportunity is just reward for a player of Pannys calibre, and we look forward to him not only contributing to the team, but also learning a lot off the senior players as he continues to develop.

Nikas signing comes after the club agreed to the mutual termination of David DApuzzos deal, after the young left back opted to focus on studying for a law degree.

Panny has been outstanding in the Youth, scored a lot of goals, and week in week out he is one of their best players, said Football Manager Lawrie McKinna.

With David deciding to take a break, its worked out well for Panny, hell come in and train full time with the first team squad, and we expect him to get better.

Nikas has been a revelation this NYL campaign, and has seen him continue on with his amazing form in 2009, which saw him score an amazing 22 goals from midfield for Sutherland Sharks, to help lead his team to Telechoice NSW Premier League Grand Final glory.

I was out shopping when (Youth League coach) Tony (Walmsley) called me, so I was pretty wrapped when I got the phone call, said Nikas.

Im just trying to do my best in the youth league and every time Ive been called into training Ive tried to work to the levels that the boys are working at, because they are going pretty well.

Wombat

Ben said:
pjennings said:

Good news for Panni and good for CCM as he didn't appear as if he would make the grade.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred