• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia vs. Uzbekistan, World Cup Qualifier, 1st April, 8pm kickoff

FFC Mariner

Very sad to still see club shirts last night.

Is it some cultural thing that makes it acceptable?

Saw SFC (lots), Scum and even a CCM shirt.

OK so $100 for a team shirt might be a bit much but FFS buy a yellow t shirt or something.

Note: Proper flare too, not silly smoke bombs - loved the way that people kept kicking it away from the security guys going nuts trying to get it away. Took them about 2 mins to get there as well lol

Peachos

Useless is probably a bit of an exaggeration, but still a lot of his touches and passes werent great
plus that chance he missed, that was just horrible

Sym

CCM shirt is yellow ;)

bahh..Bresc's first touch is incredible
If he didn't cross it, no Kennedy goal, if he didn't chip it to Garcia, no penalty, maybe that is why he got man of the match.

A.J.V

Sym said:
CCM shirt is yellow ;)

bahh..Bresc's first touch is incredible
If he didn't cross it, no Kennedy goal, if he didn't chip it to Garcia, no penalty, maybe that is why he got man of the match.

+1

serious14

Sean Francis Lacy said:
serious14 said:
Two negatives (an all time low from me, yes??  :p) - The Betfair GGA.  You twats have had your run at embarassing the rest of us.  Time to go now.   And Lolman.  Seriously, it's not funny anymore.  Just stop......

from your impeccable view of the pitch WTF was wrong with Holmans performance? did you watch the game? did you watch his runs?

Hello Ursus, nice to see you're running a multi these days.....

Running around like a headless chook whilst having your first touch masquerade as passing (or the other way around, I can't quite tell), not to mention having your one shot on goal resemble an air swing - all the while playing in that critical spot behind the striker..... this is cap number twenty something for him, and all he has done is prove time and time again that he is useless in a team situation (as he cannot hold the ball up), and provides very little in attack as he cannot control the ball and has a shit pass.

I guess the thousands in the Home End booing him and singing derogatory songs every chance they got had a shit view of the game as well??

Sym

Penalty was fair.

anti Holman fans
lol..just lol..lucky you lot aren't coaching the team.

serious14

Sym said:
anti Holman fans
lol..just lol..lucky you lot aren't coaching the team.

Yeah, a majority of the ground - what would we know..... Kwasnik, Holman, the Chelsea squad - you seem to have an attachment to shit-headless-chook type players.  :p

scottmac

Suspended
serious14 said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
serious14 said:
Two negatives (an all time low from me, yes??  :p) - The Betfair GGA.  You twats have had your run at embarassing the rest of us.  Time to go now.  And Lolman.  Seriously, it's not funny anymore.  Just stop......

from your impeccable view of the pitch WTF was wrong with Holmans performance? did you watch the game? did you watch his runs?

Hello Ursus, nice to see you're running a multi these days.....

Running around like a headless chook whilst having your first touch masquerade as passing (or the other way around, I can't quite tell), not to mention having your one shot on goal resemble an air swing - all the while playing in that critical spot behind the striker..... this is cap number twenty something for him, and all he has done is prove time and time again that he is useless in a team situation (as he cannot hold the ball up), and provides very little in attack as he cannot control the ball and has a shit pass.

I guess the thousands in the Home End booing him and singing derogatory songs every chance they got had a shit view of the game as well??

It's funny how holman can be seen by all coaches Australia has had, as worthy of first team but the public bag him. Says something about the Australian publics knowledge of football don't you think.  ;)

Would not have thought you would fit into that catagory Serious.  :piralaugh:

For arguments sake, lets hear a name that you would replace holman with, taking into account the position he is asked to play and the defensive work he does.

serious14

So.............. Graham Arnold??  That's some coaching pedigree right there.

If you want a headless chook who runs a lot and can't score at International level, Archie Thompson will do just fine.  At least he gets into a scoring position once in a while - and he did the job very well against Uruguay in 05.

If you want a proper replacement who can come off the bench, change the game, and slot into the No. 10-esque role well, Nicky Carle.  If you want to modify the existing team (say we're running with the first XI here), shift Culina into AM (it's where he plays for club, so why not), take Cahill off if he's the one to be substituted, and bring on any one of a litany of midfielders we've got on the bench.  Valeri or Jedi would do quite a good job as evidenced by last night.

scottmac

Suspended
serious14 said:
So.............. Graham Arnold??   That's some coaching pedigree right there.

If you want a headless chook who runs a lot and can't score at International level, Archie Thompson will do just fine.  At least he gets into a scoring position once in a while - and he did the job very well against Uruguay in 05.

If you want a proper replacement who can come off the bench, change the game, and slot into the No. 10-esque role well, Nicky Carle.  If you want to modify the existing team (say we're running with the first XI here), shift Culina into AM (it's where he plays for club, so why not), take Cahill off if he's the one to be substituted, and bring on any one of a litany of midfielders we've got on the bench.  Valeri or Jedi would do quite a good job as evidenced by last night.

Sorry Serious i do not rate Arnold as a coach so was excluding him.

Thompson........no. Is not national standard, can hit the back of the net but can not do the rest of the work.

Nicky Carle.......no. Will not defend, and is not fit enough.

Culina..............yes. This is what should be happening although it means, with the current squad, injuries included, taking a huge risk in the very important role that Culina plays. But, if you don't take the risk, you will never know.

ballantyne

I wish journalists would shut up about being the first to qualify for the World Cup Finals. Poland were famously crap after they were first to qualify for WC2002. It's a terrible situation to be in - longest period with no real games etc. I'm glad we still need that point - I hope we get it in the last game.

serious14

Scottmac - But Holman only played his first game under Arnold, and I seriously think the only reason he is still there is because of Arnold's involvment in the national setup.  The sad thing is, I used to like him and thought he had proper potential (if one were to dig up the 1-1 thread against Ghana in London and the 2-0 friendly against China, I was giving him quite big wraps).

Gotta disagree about Carle though - a lot of the time for Newcastle he was all over the field in both an attacking and defensive sense, and to be frank, his pass shits all over Holman's, whom I'm yet to establish if said pass is his first touch or an actual pass..... twenty something games later and I still don't know.

What you're saying about Thompson not doing 'the rest of the work' - I understand what you mean, but is aimlessly running around "work"??  Holman runs to some random position near the ball without thinking, and hey presto, giant gap in the middle of the field.  It's not productive in a team situation.

J

jiggles

n711661219_2113224_2197914.jpg

Note the unimpressed Sydney fan in her Sydney shirt. If she was in yellow she'd be a lot more cheery.

serious14

Fair enough she's in the immediate foreground of the shot, but even so, that _really_ stands out......

bulldogmariner

ballantyne said:
I wish journalists would shut up about being the first to qualify for the World Cup Finals. Poland were famously crap after they were first to qualify for WC2002. It's a terrible situation to be in - longest period with no real games etc. I'm glad we still need that point - I hope we get it in the last game.
Sorry i would rather be at the World Cup! We do have games of meaning coming up as many of our players are fighting to get on that plane. Also Asian Cup games will keep us ticking over nicely. Not to mention the larger European nations who will want to play us now in preparation for 2010 World Cup.

Jerem

Mark Schwarzer   wasnt really needed, but was still sharp as ever 7
Lucas Neill   Solid as always, still needs moore to be the great wall 7
Jason Culina good game played well, great long ranger, would have been better going top left 6 
Michael Beauchamp jury is still out on this guy, ill give him time 5
Luke Wilkshire consistent as per lukes standard, held the right side up well, was desperately missing emertons speed and runs off the ball  9
Harry Kewell Pim was right, best form ive seen HK10 in a while posed a solid threat in MF 7
Scott Chipperfield Brilliant, solid great vision and passes 8
Richard Garcia great suprise hes a keeper for the squad 7
Carl Valeri next 4
Scott McDonald THE ARCHIE OF THE SPL, great in the league, don the green and gold hopeless
good player, but that something is missing  5
Mark Bresciano def MOM was the main one making the movement, and having a run at the Uz defence 9

David Carney deserved a run
Tim Cahill
Mile Jedinak should have come on by the 70th
Joshua Kennedy 10 nuff said
Brett Holman most negatively minded striker ive seen for a long time, waste of a bench spot 2

serious14

It seems the move to Russia has been the best thing for Ratboy's career, he has been sensational since his switch.  Always good to have competition in spots - as will be the case when Emerton is fit.  I wouldn't say no to either player at RB (or even RM) at the moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred