• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia vs. Uzbekistan, World Cup Qualifier, 1st April, 8pm kickoff

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
Why are journalists semi-retarded?  Not having Kewell in a photo doesn't prohibit the writing of a piece on possible tactics, Uzbeki form running in, effect of possibly over-cautious tactics on fan sentiment and attendance or any other worthwhile subject.
Arab - 5.01pm, CCLC, see you there??  ;)

;D

Very tempting.

Now if the Mrs had taken the kids with her to Queensland this weekend.................

We'll teach them how to fill out a SportsTab form.  ;)
LOL

Pick them up from school,go to CCLC,sit them in the corner with a lemonade and a plate of chips and sauce.Say "stay there I'll be back soon".................................... :p

At least they'd be fed.

Hey - if the missus comes home to find well nourished kids and a few extra thousand dollars in the bank...... never a bad thing, right??
Sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She doesn't need to know about the winnings  :naughty:

The girls trip to Queensland is to earn brownie points for boys trips away later.

And the winnings are for spending on it. ;)

Sean

serious14 said:
dibo said:
vocal? pah.

Plenty loud where I was.  Where did you end up??  (having said that, there were about 60 singing/make noise types (Coast and Sydney) jammed into a 25 seat area...... not that there's anything wrong with that  :p)

[quote author=Sean Francis Lacy]P.S Holman is the future of the Socceroos, he will kick the World Cup winning goal at Saffa next year

:-\  Wow, you really _are_ a loser.
[/quote]

I did not fully realise this until you underscored the beginning and the end of are. Thankyou _Friar Footrot_.

hasbeen

serious14 said:
As far as I'm aware, a rugby (league or union, not sure) writer.  Tom Smithies, as much of a twat as he can be, at least knows _something_ about football.  Amazing how News Ltd. always rolls out the non football writers (Josh Massoud, this clown, Mike Gibson) for these cheap shot "articles".....
Tom Smithies in his inside back page of the Terrorgraph still talked about 'kicking a goal' in football. Ignorant Pr*t.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Sean Francis Lacy said:
serious14 said:
dibo said:
vocal? pah.

Plenty loud where I was.  Where did you end up??  (having said that, there were about 60 singing/make noise types (Coast and Sydney) jammed into a 25 seat area...... not that there's anything wrong with that  :p)

[quote author=Sean Francis Lacy]P.S Holman is the future of the Socceroos, he will kick the World Cup winning goal at Saffa next year

I did not fully realise this until you underscored the beginning and the end of are. Thankyou _Friar Footrot_.
[/quote]

Can we please have friday night planning and petty bickering through PMs only, please. By PM I don't mean Prime Minister. Krudd being toxicly boring has already cemented his friday night plans as watching taped Australian Story eps, and it is the role of the Liberal shadow government to be embroiled in petty bickering.

MrCelery

serious14 said:
From our friends at the Telegraph...... you can smell the fear all over this one:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25281988-5017479,00.html

"Well, football has been getting half a page on page six and a quarter of a page on page nine,'' Verbeek said. "You have a responsibility to promote the game, too.''

My respect for Verbeek just went up another 10 notches. A touch of Brian Clough about him with that comment!

Sad fact is that the truth hurts - the media IS a very poor performer when you measure column inches of the world game to the other minor football sports.

Football deserves far, far more space.

We dared to dream of one World Cup finals appearance in our lifetimes, now we've had two in a row (nearly). Is it too much to dream that football may get at least equal treatment before we all go to that big football supporters end in the sky?

FFC Mariner

When the head football writer for the SMH is co commentator and pundit, you cant ask for too much more.

Ruperts mob have just got their nose out of joint and need to stop slagging the game at every opportunity.

serious14

Sean Francis Lacy said:
serious14 said:
dibo said:
vocal? pah.

[/quote]

I assume that was you trying to be clever and/or funny.  Better luck next time yeah??

Celery - did you happen to catch today's Terrorgraph at all??  I flicked through it at the newsagent and got home to find out that (rather interestingly) their snide little side piece about Kennedy "ignoring" the media at the airport is not available online..... fair coverage is a long way away I think.  A damn shame.

FFC Mariner

Kennedy seemed to have plenty of time to talk to Fox News............maybe Ruperts lot were held up in court trying to keep up with the flood of NRL players cases?

Meanwhile - back at the game.

2 ex Mariners in the Green and Gold and not just an HALroos side too.

Meggsi looked v rusty and looked like he made his usual 1x per game f**k up in the first few minutes. From then on, looked pretty solid and his few runs into MF gave us options.

We must, somehow find away to free Wilko or Boogs to move into MF when they have the ball at their feet, it adds options and if a MF goes to the ball, they leave one of our MF free

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
Kennedy seemed to have plenty of time to talk to Fox News............maybe Ruperts lot were held up in court trying to keep up with the flood of NRL players cases?

S
N
A
P
!

I much rather like the license our CB's (what was that term you used, centre half or some such?) have to go forward - there were at least two occasions I can remember where Lucas ended up over halfway and fired off a _beautiful_ curled ball to Culina (I think the other was to Bresc. on the right wing).  Freeing up another midfielder for some attacking madness by a defender??  Yes please.

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
We must, somehow find away to free Wilko or Boogs to move into MF when they have the ball at their feet, it adds options
Last game in China Wilko moved up into MF with the ball at his feet.He looked a completely different player.

Maybe just needs a bit more confidence and a bit of Musc**t about him.

serious14

We (Roos and Mariners) need to find a way to play the ball fast and on the ground as often as humanly possible..... we were unstoppable on Wednesday when we decided to give the ol' first time pass and running off the ball a go for real.  Same with the Mariners in China.

Mix it up with a _tactical_ use of the long ball (a la every single ball that Jesus managed to bring down with consumate ease, not the bombardment of poor Scotty Mac) and hey presto, we look like football teams.  :eek: ;D

fedelta

dibo said:
serious14 said:
dibo said:
vocal? pah.

couln't hear anything coming from the back. we could sometimes hear GGA, so in the absence of anything else going on we'd kick along with that, but generally speaking it was pretty quiet. loudest things all night started from over in the eastern stand.

GGA and the local crew being separated by 30 odd rows of absolutely nothing happening is a big problem. it's the squadron and their melbourne mates are down front, coasties and cove crew are up the back. problem is that from the 3 nsw groups, not everyone is there. moreover, those that are there aren't all working together. it's still completely fractured. it's worse at homebush because of the sheer size of the bays. the groups are so widely separated that it doesn't work.

if we could do the olyroos vs iraq setup again i'd be a happy chappy - that had a mix of everyone in the one spot and it worked really well. every match since has been rubbish in comparison.

was at near front with mates. was alot better than china game

FFC Mariner

Mates? near front? Please God no.

GGA havent turned another person towards their dark side?

GGA. Just say NO

scottmac

Suspended
Arabmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:
We must, somehow find away to free Wilko or Boogs to move into MF when they have the ball at their feet, it adds options
Last game in China Wilko moved up into MF with the ball at his feet.He looked a completely different player.

Maybe just needs a bit more confidence and a bit of Musc**t about him.

+1

with huke to cover him, wilko should now step up into that gap when needed, so that the ball can be kept in attack when a flank shuts down.
I believe that this is one of the main areas that the a-league loses quality in: CB's that can step into the midfield and play the ball with one touch or keep the ball at feet under pressure.

MrCelery

serious14 said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
serious14 said:
dibo said:
vocal? pah.

I assume that was you trying to be clever and/or funny.  Better luck next time yeah??

Celery - did you happen to catch today's Terrorgraph at all??  I flicked through it at the newsagent and got home to find out that (rather interestingly) their snide little side piece about Kennedy "ignoring" the media at the airport is not available online..... fair coverage is a long way away I think.  A damn shame.
[/quote]

Sorry. A work colleague gave me the rag (I'd never pay for it), and I must have missed it among the 60 pages of 'League Central'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred