• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia vs. Uzbekistan, World Cup Qualifier, 1st April, 8pm kickoff

Peachos

Scott Mac could really do with a goal to lift his confidence, i think once he gets past that hurdle, hell start consistently banging in the goals

It will be interesting to see what team Pim plays for the rest of the qualifying process, after we get the away point we should.

Main focus for Australia now is the Asian Cup

marinermick

Peachos said:
Scott Mac could really do with a goal to lift his confidence, i think once he gets past that hurdle, hell start consistently banging in the goals

I don't. He only had one real chance last night and he plays in a sub-standard competition where any muppet can score with that Celtic midfield.

marinermick

Peachos said:
doesnt that back-up my point that he needs more suppot?

no, he is up to SPL standard but not up to international standard

he has played in internationals with two strikers and was even worse

bulldogmariner

marinermick said:
Peachos said:
doesnt that back-up my point that he needs more suppot?

no, he is up to SPL standard but not up to international standard

he has played in internationals with two strikers and was even worse
Mick i think he is a goal poacher and your right in a way he gets a number of chances playing for Celtic.
I personally would love to see him get out of Scotland and play in Europe or EPL before i make the call on whether he is up to it or not. We didnt use him right last night.

northernspirit

true he is better used with someone along side him, he is a poacher not a creator and doesnt make things happen like Jesus can with his height... but on the flipside Scotty Mac looked hopelessly off the pace, what Mick said is 100% correct imo

serious14

From news.com.au (of all places)

"There were 23 World Cup Qualifiers played in Europe this morning. I just checked the official attendances of each one of them on Soccernet. Our 57,000 on a miserable night in Sydney was the third highest by nearly 10,000. Only England and France had bigger attendances! So much for Australia not being a football country."

Chairman_Rudd

I would like to congratulate the Australian Soccer team on being close to making the World Cup.
I am not a big fan of soccer but they're a few wogs that work for me who are and they have informed me that this is a great achievement beating the powerhouse that is the Former Soviet Republic of Uzbekistan.
I hope this win will take us in a new direction upwards into the highest rankings of this sport.

Regards,
Chairman Rudd

Chairman_Rudd

I do not know about your personal situation but if you visit this website it should solve some of your questions.

www.ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/Content/00178930.htm

Chairman Rudd

serious14

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Well played.

serious14

"The Australia/Uzbekistan World Cup Qualifying game in Sydney last night was the most watched ever program on Pay TV in this country with an average 431,000 people watching the game from around 8pm to 10pm"

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek: :eek: ;D

Sean

serious14 said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
serious14 said:
Two negatives (an all time low from me, yes??  :p) - The Betfair GGA.  You twats have had your run at embarassing the rest of us.  Time to go now.   And Lolman.  Seriously, it's not funny anymore.  Just stop......

from your impeccable view of the pitch WTF was wrong with Holmans performance? did you watch the game? did you watch his runs?

Hello Ursus, nice to see you're running a multi these days.....

Running around like a headless chook whilst having your first touch masquerade as passing (or the other way around, I can't quite tell), not to mention having your one shot on goal resemble an air swing - all the while playing in that critical spot behind the striker..... this is cap number twenty something for him, and all he has done is prove time and time again that he is useless in a team situation (as he cannot hold the ball up), and provides very little in attack as he cannot control the ball and has a shit pass.

I guess the thousands in the Home End booing him and singing derogatory songs every chance they got had a shit view of the game as well??

Ursus? Not everyone on this forum agrees with your tinhat theories that you drew from a hat.

How much time did Holman have to play with? What more does he have to do in the 15 odd minutes he got in order to please the mass of pissed football fanatics behind the goal?? His run last night and his performances to date are definitely not worth of the boos or get the f**k out attitude. Why doesnt Valeri copp this when in fact he has done SFA and loses much more easy ball. Holman didnt slow down play with his two errors that he produced, infact he added fresh lengths when he came on and a bit more go forward to Aus momentum at that period. Holman has this great quality of coming on, tearing around the pitch chasing down defenders putting them under the pump and when he does get the ball, he posseses a quality (which i applaud) of going forward with quick acceleration. The boos were for lack of Tim Cahill, and I completely agree with Pims decision for if it were up to Mad Hatter Mooney from GGA or Cove End, Tim would be put on and risk being reinjured for 15 minutes he was not needed for.

FFC Mariner

northernspirit said:
socceroos games need to be on FTA, those figures prove how much of a market we are missing out on

I agree that you are correct but seeing how FTA presents sport in general, I just cringe at how awful it would be. The SFC v Galaxy match was quite terrible.

As to Holman, I'm not totally convinced he would be a stand out in the HAL TBH. Ideally, Culina in the no 10 role with one of our numerous DM's behind him would do it. If you needed a back up, Carle would be much much better and he will track back too.

I believe Garcia has what it takes once he settles at international level. Scotty Mac absolutely doesnt. Banging in goals for a side thats CCC level at best v park teams doesnt cut it.

To be fair to him last night, playing him as a lone striker was just dumb, lumping high balls to him was just dumber.

10 days of Arnoldouts coaching and look what happens to them

FFC Mariner

Got an offer of a sponsors ticket or a place at the S End (yes the Tards are sticking to their normal ends even for an International).

Dead rubber most likely so probably cant be arsed TBH

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred