• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia vs. Uzbekistan, World Cup Qualifier, 1st April, 8pm kickoff

Arabmariner

bulldogmariner said:
marinermick said:
Peachos said:
doesnt that back-up my point that he needs more suppot?

no, he is up to SPL standard but not up to international standard

he has played in internationals with two strikers and was even worse
Mick i think he is a goal poacher and your right in a way he gets a number of chances playing for Celtic.
I personally would love to see him get out of Scotland and play in Europe or EPL before i make the call on whether he is up to it or not. We didnt use him right last night.
He won't play in the premiership or any of the top European leagues.He would disappear without trace imo.I think the SPL is as good as it gets for Scotty Mac.His strike rate this season is not that impressive(14 league goals) considering who he's playing for and the amount of chances he gets.

I don't think he has ever generated much interest from clubs outwith Scotland.

Is very good win against the Uzbek cawksuckers!

In reward for winning this game i let pim verbeek and all the soccerwho's receive sexual favors from my pet goat

midfielder

serious14 said:
"The Australia/Uzbekistan World Cup Qualifying game in Sydney last night was the most watched ever program on Pay TV in this country with an average 431,000 people watching the game from around 8pm to 10pm"

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek: :eek: ;D

Great news

serious14

Sean Francis Lacy said:
The boos were for lack of Tim Cahill

Mmmm hmmm, right.  So every other time he's been booed (home and away - he copped it even worse in Japan) and abused was for a lack of Cahill as well??

Sacko said:
serious14 said:
Where's my $900??

This hand out is for tax payers [but only if you earn under $100k] not dole bludgers!

I filed a tax return for 07/08 at which time I had a job, so shut it.  :p

dibo

They're being held up by some National Party States-rights crank with an axe to grind in the High Court. 3 of the 6 States are joining with the Commonwealth to give him a touch-up in court, and the others are in support.

serious14

n547899744_2280699_4004705.jpg

"Right, so the shocker works like this....."

Sean

Hi Sean

Wednesday night was another great occasion for football in Australia.

While we haven't definitely booked our berth at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa yet, we're very close.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who attended the match in person.  It truly was a miserable night weather-wise in Sydney, but we still had a very vocal, passionate sea of gold around the Stadium and I know the players and coaching staff appreciated it.

With only three games to go, all of us are quietly confident of making it to South Africa and I hope you can continue to be part of the journey.

Thanks again for supporting the Qantas Socceroos.

Cheers

Ben Buckley

P.S Holman is the future of the Socceroos, he will kick the World Cup winning goal at Saffa next year

serious14

dibo said:
vocal? pah.

Plenty loud where I was.  Where did you end up??  (having said that, there were about 60 singing/make noise types (Coast and Sydney) jammed into a 25 seat area...... not that there's anything wrong with that  :p)

[quote author=Sean Francis Lacy]P.S Holman is the future of the Socceroos, he will kick the World Cup winning goal at Saffa next year
[/quote]

:-\  Wow, you really _are_ a loser.

serious14

Alicia said:
poko said:
Did he give you a deomonstration??

I think james is licking his lips at the thought of mitchells two fingers lol

Pokey - what goes on tour stays on tour/ends up on the forum, yeah??  ;)

Alicia - shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhutuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

hasbeen

Have they blown the final whistle yet ... ? I'm still waiting for Scott McDonald to score ...

dibo

serious14 said:
dibo said:
vocal? pah.

Plenty loud where I was.  Where did you end up??  (having said that, there were about 60 singing/make noise types (Coast and Sydney) jammed into a 25 seat area...... not that there's anything wrong with that  :p)

couln't hear anything coming from the back. we could sometimes hear GGA, so in the absence of anything else going on we'd kick along with that, but generally speaking it was pretty quiet. loudest things all night started from over in the eastern stand.

GGA and the local crew being separated by 30 odd rows of absolutely nothing happening is a big problem. it's the squadron and their melbourne mates are down front, coasties and cove crew are up the back. problem is that from the 3 nsw groups, not everyone is there. moreover, those that are there aren't all working together. it's still completely fractured. it's worse at homebush because of the sheer size of the bays. the groups are so widely separated that it doesn't work.

if we could do the olyroos vs iraq setup again i'd be a happy chappy - that had a mix of everyone in the one spot and it worked really well. every match since has been rubbish in comparison.

serious14

I'm not gonna get into the Home End debate again...... people full well know where I stand on the issue.  GGA have shown a complete reluctance to co-operate both home and away (their total ignorance of 90% of the Australian contingent in Yokohama ignoring them was nothing short of insulting), so we're moving on without them.  When their capo ends up wearing a burberry and Newcastle scarf (so not only looking like an idiot, but wearing club colors to add insult to injury) and doing the same chant over and over (I love the Crocodile Rock Australia, I really do - but 50 times in the one half when you've got nothing else??  Give it a rest....), it's really hard to respect that.

We had a gentleman's agreement of sorts nearly 2 years ago to let the home team of the stadium in question run the show - every single game since (with the exception of Melbourne, duh) they have wilfully ignored that, refusing to liase with us outside of "who's bring the mega".

It was incredibly noisy where I was when all the singers piped up, and I agree that the hole in the middle is a problem...... it's getting all those who've stopped coming to NT games because of the shit caused by the GGA to return.  That will do a more than decent enough job of plugging the gap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred