• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

cbowden9000

Payne is off to the Jets next season, my thinking is that Arnie would of known about this, decided he wasnt worth it and has his eyes on a better striker, maybe a Norwegian one?

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/News/190712,and-paynes-off-to-newcastle.aspx

I am very sad about this! He's a Coastie boy, how could he!?

Jerem

Ill be extremely disappointed if lewis is let go, we havent been shown enough of what he COULD do i think he is only a young kid,
still a few years before he hits anywhere near his prime. hope mcglinchey stays on hes been a real force this year

TysonP

Payne started the season well but then started to look lazy.
Has he even been playing lately? I don't think he was even in the squad for last night's game.

scottmac

Suspended
Fox sport linking Mariners and Sydney to Chipperfield

Lawrie said we could in no way afford him but would be interested none the less. We don't have the dosh and unless we play him as a striker I wouldn't want to lose Oly or Rose from the starting 11.

Dollars could be better spent elsewhere IMO.

pjennings

Chippers can play LB, LM, DM, AM and as a striker.

He is also interested in coaching. Maybe the COE could be used as a carrot. Love to have him here!!

Roy Law

I don't want old former Socceroos, no matter how good their pedigree, because they only play half a season succumbing to silly injuries such as calf strains and hammies because their bodies can no longer take it - Skoko, Aloisi, Tony Vidmar, Agostinho etc etc.

scottmac

Suspended
I think Vidmar has been the exception.

Alosi, after us spent 2 seasons on his backside. He is now trying his hardest to make it 3!
Bosnich played how many games... before a regulation goal kick put him out for months. This is not downplaying the impact these 2 had our seasons, but the impact they had does not disprove what Roy Law said.

Muppet

Great news re Pedj.

Chipperfield would be great value imo.

I'm not convinced that Chipperfield would be great value. One is that he is at that stage of his career where I don't think he would provide full value. His age is a big factor and I believe that he would be an impediment to allowing younger players the chance to step up. Two is he would likely be more injury prone. Have a look at Aloisi, Skoko etc to see my point. A lot of these players think that the league is played at a leisurely pace which suits where they are in their career. They seem to get found out quite early. Three I don't agree with players his age coming back to the A league thinking that it is a way to "pay thanks" to the supporters. Call me cynical but it appears that it is purely an opportunity for a last big pay cheque before riding off into the sunset. Would he really add value to the team? If he was willing to be paid as a normal squad member and understand that he may have to sit on the pine over younger, keener players then I might consider him as value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred