• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

Marquee

I doubt Doig would want to stay another year on the bench in the twilight of his career. Keep him if possible but Sainsbury and Gallagher are here for a reason.

Bex

I'd keep Doig - as long as he is not on too much coin. He is good cover and I really don't like weakening one position to cover for another.

Yeh, that's kind of what I'm thinking too. Although I do worry about Doigs injury record.

tsd

based on the signings at the start of the season arnold seems to hate dead wood... preferring youth as cover, so with that in mind regular starters only need apply!

Doig - GONE! having a foreign spot taken up for injury cover is ridiculous, we have young Aussies that know how to sit on a bench

mrdja - GONE! we need youth to be our 4th choice striker (soon to be 5th)

Kwasnik - GONE! see above

lewis - gone... young and has potential but arnold wants to sign "a few good midfielders" i suspect he might make room

Porter - fence im a porter fan and he is a good value local guy but with new guys coming in he might not have a chance

dutchy - MUST KEEP!

wilko - MUST KEEP!

Ledj - close to a must keep! versatility makes him a key player

WeeMac - keep he seems to fit in under arnold alot better than wise mac

Muppet

Agree with above but I think there are better options out there than Porter. Dare I say it has Hutch passed his use by date?

cbowden9000

Agree with above but I think there are better options out there than Porter. Dare I say it has Hutch passed his use by date?

Nah Arnold loves Hutch for his leadership. He also said that he prefers to keep foundation players. I still like Hutch, but not many others do anymore :(

Roy Law

Visa players - Chris Doig, Patrick Zwans..Michael McGlinchey and Petricio Perez; I think we are allowed five but is due to change to four next season.

stormin

Would that be the reason why the mariners have not offered weemac a new contract is the manager looking for his own visa players for next season .

someguy

Would that be the reason why the mariners have not offered weemac a new contract is the manager looking for his own visa players for next season .

i hope not- micmac is a very strong player and it wouldnt make sense for arnold to look for personalised options when the ones he currently has (esp minimac) are already important members of the team.

Marquee

This club has always been quiet about its signings and contracts. I'm sure things like WeeMac's contract is being dealt with.

marinermick

This club has always been quiet about its signings and contracts. I'm sure things like WeeMac's contract is being dealt with.

i am sure it is not when someone very very close to weemac posts on here that it is not

has been our best player the last three weeks now that he has adjusted to his new position

let's hope as the weather gets warmer he hangs tough and remains consistent

Marquee

I did not see this one happening....

Pasfield on a two year contract. Wonder where this leaves Van Stratten?
Maybe Ryan is heading OS?

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1029909/Pasfield-joins-Mariners

samster

I did not see this one happening....

Pasfield on a two year contract. Wonder where this leaves Van Stratten?
Maybe Ryan is heading OS?

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1029909/Pasfield-joins-Mariners

unless ryan is heading overseas then we will have ryan, Jess and pasfield (and what sorta deal has danny got worked out)

Marquee

Jess' contract expires at the end of the season. There were rumours that he had re-signed but maybe Arnie has seen something he doesn't like. Less cap space you'd think too.

midfielder

From SBS....

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1029909/Pasfield-joins-Mariners

The player exodus from extinction-threatened North Queensland Fury is gathering momentum with goalkeeper Justin Pasfield agreeing terms for a two-year deal at Central Coast.

With Fury unable to re-sign any of its out of contract players as the result of a Football Federation Australia edict – only striker David Williams has a deal beyond this season – the vultures have been circling.

Isaka Cernak has already announced his departure for Melbourne Victory in 2010-2011 and now in-form Pasfield is also on his way out of the club at the end of the season.

The ex-Sydney FC back-up keeper, who also trialled with Queens Park Rangers and had a short injury cover stint with Newcastle Jets, has carved out his own A-League niche with aplomb with Fury, where he has racked up 25 appearances since joining the club in 2009.

While happy with the form of rookie shot-stopper Matthew Ryan at Bluetongue Stadium, Mariners coach Graham Arnold fears for the future of first choice keeper Jess Vanstrattan, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in August soon after signing from Gold Coast United.

Ironically A-League chief Lyall Gorman, the man at the centre of negotiations with Fury in a life-or-death struggle for survival, retains a 25 per cent share of the Mariners – Pasfield’s new home.

“Justin has been very upfront with us and has told us he is going to the Mariners and we respect that and wish him the best,” Krayem told The World Game.

“In the sense that they have offered him a two year deal, it was something we might not have been able to match, regardless of the owning issues over the club’s long term future.

“He spoke to our coaches Franz Straka and Stuart McLaren about it and that’s where it stands for next season.”

The Mariners are also actively courting gun striker Chris Payne as FFA – which currently finances Fury – deliberate on where to hand the club a $1 million lifeline or pull the rug from under the expansion outfit at the end of the season, having already pumped in $3 million to keep it afloat.

A nationwide round of fund raising has generated $5.5 million as the club seeks to become an independent entity with Krayem adding: “We continue to work with the FFA and that’s on-going. There will be more discussions later this week.

“We’re within our time line to show that we have the backing we need, with a small shortfall, and hopefully we will get a decision sooner rather than later.”

Roy Law

'in form' Justin Pasfield would be the guy who completely miss kicked a simple clearance to give Chris Greenacre a goal for Wellington? Although to be fair I think he was voted fans player of the year last year. Really tough news on Van Stratten though, perhaps medical advice has cast doubt on his recovery. As for Chris Payne, the Umina boy, last week a Fury fan described him as lazy - hope he is against us on Friday! Has his moments when he seems to be able to score goals that our other strikers can't. And we must keep McGlinchey; just letting go Doig creates the necessary visa spot.

shipwreck

Wow... This is a very strange signing, the only thing I can think of is that we got him for an absolute bargain and arnold figures Jess will be number 1 anyway so why not have two quality replacements with Ryan getting regular time in the youth league rather than warming the bench in the aleague?

MagpieMariner

The scenario I see is getting Pasfield as backup to Matty, with Jess being forced to hang up the boots. I think putting Matty back in the 2s is a retrograde step after him having been most of this season in the 1s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred