• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

BaysideMariner

Does anyone know which mariners are off contract at the end of this season?

I would assume Mrdja is on the list.

marinermick

Taken from the Sydney website:

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2010/11:
#4) Pedj Bojic
#6) Patrick Zwaanswijk (Fgn)
#9) Nik Mrdja
#12) Matthew Lewis (u21)
#14) Michael McGlinchey (Fgn)
#17) Chris Doig (Fgn)
#18) Alex Wilkinson (c)
#23) Adam Kwasnik

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2011/12:
#2) Daniel McBreen
#3) Joshua Rose
#5) Brad Porter
#6) Rostyn Griffiths
#10) Patricio Perez (Fgn)
#15) Marc Warren (u21)
#16) Trent Sainsbury (u21)
#19) Matt Simon
#21) Sam Gallagher (u21)
#22) Mustafa Amini (u21)

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2012/13:
#7) John Hutchinson
#11) Oliver Bozanic
#20) Matthew Ryan (gk)(u21)

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON ????????
#1) Jess Van Stratten (gk)

From what I understand Van Stratten has penned a new 2-year deal.

Some big priorities there - Dutchy, Wilko, WeeMac and Pedj. I think Kwas will be signed because of his versitility but I cannot see how the other three will get a contract.

With probably Wilko, WeeMac and Pedj probably seeking more money it still will not make much room to move in the cap.

cbowden9000

We MUST keep Pedj! He has grown as a player and I seriously would not want another right-back while he's playing this good!

midfielder

#4) Pedj Bojic Keep
#6) Patrick Zwaanswijk (Fgn) must keep
#9) Nik Mrdja --- Bye Bye
#12) Matthew Lewis (u21).... HHHHHHHHHmmmmmmm worth another one year deal
#14) Michael McGlinchey (Fgn)Keep
#17) Chris Doig (Fgn)-----bye bye
#18) Alex Wilkinson ©... keep
#23) Adam Kwasnik----- bye bye

cbowden9000

Oh and also, I have a feeling that McGlinchey may be let go. I hope not but I've just got a hunch.

Also, Arnie said he is looking at buying "a couple of good midfielders"...

cbowden9000

#4) Pedj Bojic Keep
#6) Patrick Zwaanswijk (Fgn) must keep
#9) Nik Mrdja --- Bye Bye
#12) Matthew Lewis (u21).... HHHHHHHHHmmmmmmm worth another one year deal
#14) Michael McGlinchey (Fgn)Keep
#17) Chris Doig (Fgn)-----bye bye
#18) Alex Wilkinson ©... keep
#23) Adam Kwasnik----- bye bye

+1

MagpieMariner

I'm surprised Patrick is only on a 1-year deal, I can only assume because of his age. I do know he's thinking of buying a house here (I heard him say so at the fan day at beginning of the season), so hopefully we won't have too much trouble getting him to extend. The way he's keeping our last line organised, we would want to keep him here as long as he wants to keep playing.

pjennings

Lets say that if Mrdja and Kwasnik were to go I'd be very happy, and if Porter and Doig left I wouldn't be sad.

While I don't look at Porter as a starting player, I was happy he was on the bench on Saturday - and that Pedj can adapt to cover either fullback position. I'd keep him as a squaddie.

cbowden9000

While I don't look at Porter as a starting player, I was happy he was on the bench on Saturday - and that Pedj can adapt to cover either fullback position. I'd keep him as a squaddie.

Yeah I'd agree with that. I did say "not sad" though, as I think he could be easily replaced.

Bex

I can understand the reasoning with letting Doig go, but who do we have to fill in for Wilko or Dutchie if either one of them is unjured? I think we would have to replace Doig but who?

Redshirt

The squad's fine for me with the exception of our attack and benchies which could be fine tuned a bit...

Midfielder summed it up pretty well

cbowden9000

I can understand the reasoning with letting Doig go, but who do we have to fill in for Wilko or Dutchie if either one of them is unjured? I think we would have to replace Doig but who?

Bojic/Griffiths to makeshift CB and Porter/Hutch to fill the gap.

pjennings

I'd keep Doig - as long as he is not on too much coin. He is good cover and I really don't like weakening one position to cover for another.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred