• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

garlo

Yeah definately agree with youth ! Grow younger Aussie players rather than paying a poms bills haha

bikinigirl

. just remember at the end of 'next' season doig won't exactly be a spring chicken himself (and already seems a little more injury prone) ... and what has been suggested would be keeping him on for another 2 seasons beyond his current contract

MagpieMariner

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Musialik has refused to sign a new contract with the Smurfs. The comment was made that he's rumoured to be talking with us. If true, could this mean Doig will be on his way at season's end?
I'd rather keep Doig, I didn't like Musialik when he was a Scummer & I still don't like him.

bikinigirl

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Musialik has refused to sign a new contract with the Smurfs. The comment was made that he's rumoured to be talking with us. If true, could this mean Doig will be on his way at season's end?
I'd rather keep Doig, I didn't like Musialik when he was a Scummer & I still don't like him.

. musialik to replace doig ??? a DM to replace a CB ???

. if the option was third choice DM behind the incumbent (griffiths) and a maltese international ... i think i'd be taking whatever the smurfies were offering :lol:

Deej

I think we need perhaps 3 players, in particular a fast, good finishing striker. We're also a little light on the right.

pjennings

If it is true that we are signing a striker from the Norwegian league as mooted elsewhere we will need to lose an import next year, with Doig, Patrick and Wee-Mac all coming off contract. TBH Doig looks like the one likely to go, but Patrick is not going to play forever.

IMHO, if we don't sign Doig we need to sign another solid Australian CB. Who knows, Patrick has said he wants to get into coaching - maybe he will end up on the coaching staff at the COE.

Marquee

Also depends on whether the FFA drop the foreigner limit from 5 to 4 next season as rumoured.

nero

Please not this guy. Bridge and Musialik are by far the worst players in sydneys team, in a very ordinary team.
Once a scumbag always a scumbag.

Wombat

If it is true that we are signing a striker from the Norwegian league as mooted elsewhere we will need to lose an import next year, with Doig, Patrick and Wee-Mac all coming off contract. TBH Doig looks like the one likely to go, but Patrick is not going to play forever.

IMHO, if we don't sign Doig we need to sign another solid Australian CB. Who knows, Patrick has said he wants to get into coaching - maybe he will end up on the coaching staff at the COE.

I would like us to sign Doig for another season and i definately want Dutchy to play next year as well.

We also need cover for RB (Pedj can play LB if Rose is injured). Porter is definately NOT a RB.

Obviously i'd like to see us sign another quality striker.

pjennings

I would like us to sign Doig for another season and i definately want Dutchy to play next year as well.

We also need cover for RB (Pedj can play LB if Rose is injured). Porter is definately NOT a RB.

Obviously i'd like to see us sign another quality striker.

The only problem with wanting to re-sign Doig is that with Perez, Patrick and Wee-Mac we have 4 foreign players. At the moment we are allowed 5 - but reports are that we are only allowed 4 next year. Assuming that Perez stays (contracted till 2012) and we re-sign Wee-Mac who has been arguably our best player this yeara W it looks, the decision comes down to two of Doig, Patrick and a hopefully quality striker.

I think Patrick has been great but how long will he last? Doig seems to be injury prone and we haven't seen the striker. Who'd be a manager?

style_cafe

What happens if Doig takes out Australian citizenship? Does that make him a foreign player still?

Also If Dutchy plays again next season I`d go for Shane Cansdell-Sherriff to fill his spot for 2012.He`s a naturally left footed CB Or LB.He comes off contract with Shrewsbury at the end of next year & being an Aussie he wouldn`t take up an import spot.(see Wiki if you don`t know him).

I know from his facebook page that he`d like to come home.

pjennings

What happens if Doig takes out Australian citizenship? Does that make him a foreign player still?

Also If Dutchy plays again next season I`d go for Shane Cansdell-Sherriff to fill his spot for 2012.He`s a naturally left footed CB Or LB.He comes off contract with Shrewsbury at the end of next year & being an Aussie he wouldn`t take up an import spot.(see Wiki if you don`t know him).

I know from his facebook page that he`d like to come home.

Doig must be a bit frustrated behind Wilko and Patrick - who must be two of the first picked each week. He may make the decision for us by going to someone that needs better defence. TBH, you couldn't begrudge him if he did.

Wee-mac

Doig must be a bit frustrated behind Wilko and Patrick - who must be two of the first picked each week. He may make the decision for us by going to someone that needs better defence. TBH, you couldn't begrudge him if he did.
Sydney perhaps

cbowden9000

I spoke to Doig after the game and he was really depressed. I'm not joking, he was talking about playing in the youth game "with the rejects", and was nearly crying. It's a shame because he's a quality CB with great leadership skills that a team like Sydney are screaming out for. I would actually love for him to go to Sydney cause God I feel sorry for the guy.

Doig is definitely out after his contract expires, and maybe even earlier in January if Arnie were to cancel his contract by mutual consent.

dibo

musialik =/= doig.

you're more talking griffiths or more likely hutchinson.

EDIT: he's also despised by a lot of sydney fans for passing backwards and sideways. if we don't want a defensive midfielder who's going to spend a fair bit of his time passing sideways or backwards we basically don't want a defensive midfielder.

Roy Law

I feel sorry for Doig too, he's a good player but way too many injuries last year (perhaps Clarky's new fitness regime which has seen him lose about 10 kilos - according to Arnie - may have helped him get over those injuries). If an English club needs a CB in January I expect him to move on but certainly would not begrudge him going to another club in the A League. I also think he hasn't the confidence on the ball to play to the Arnie way.
As for Musialik, I don't want him but if he comes then I expect Arnie to get him to play better football - at his best he's a very sound passer of the ball.

shipwreck

Payne is off to the Jets next season, my thinking is that Arnie would of known about this, decided he wasnt worth it and has his eyes on a better striker, maybe a Norwegian one?

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/News/190712,and-paynes-off-to-newcastle.aspx

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred